Secrets Maroma Brides

• Please log in to reply
2264 replies to this topic

#1531 beachbride2013

beachbride2013
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by amberh1884 

Hi Ladies!  I have a quick question for the brides that have already gotten married at SMB.  I am bringing my chair sashes and fans with me to the resort.  Did any of you do this as well?  And, did you just have someone in your wedding party put the sashes on the chairs so you didn't have to pay a set-up charge?  Also, if anyone has had a cocktail hour with appetizers can you let me know if it was worth it?  We can not decide if we really want to have one or not.  Thanks ladies!!  Amber

We also did the cocktail hour with apps. I am guessing it was worth it. Groom and I were doing photos during that time. All the apps were pretty much gone when we arrived and I heard the food was good.

#1532 beachbride2013

beachbride2013
    • 198 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:52 AM

Here is a pic of the app table for the cocktail hour. We did the Mexican Tapas.cocktailhour.jpg

#1533 CriCri

CriCri
      • 225 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by amberh1884 

Hi Ladies!  I have a quick question for the brides that have already gotten married at SMB.  I am bringing my chair sashes and fans with me to the resort.  Did any of you do this as well?  And, did you just have someone in your wedding party put the sashes on the chairs so you didn't have to pay a set-up charge?  Also, if anyone has had a cocktail hour with appetizers can you let me know if it was worth it?  We can not decide if we really want to have one or not.  Thanks ladies!!  Amber

I have taken sashes, fans and bubbles for the ceremony and maracas, menu and gifts/favors for the dinner.

Gift/favors - set up on the table at the reception is included in the Ultimate package whilst set up the sashes taken by home cost 2$ each. I had only 10 chairs and at the end Cecilia didn't ask me extra money.

#1534 CriCri

CriCri
        • 225 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by beachbride2013 

Here is a pic of the app table for the cocktail hour. We did the Mexican Tapas.cocktailhour.jpg

Thank you so much for this picture!  I haven't any pictures of the cocktail/appetizer and my guests described me exactly what I see in your image.

#1535 msop04

msop04
          • 64 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by KCDawn 

Our ceremony is officially switched to the beach location!!!  Just got our updated contract back from Valeria.  Thanks for your help girls!

Yay!!  Since they've gotten the new beach setup, we are seriously considering it!!  It will be beautiful!  What are you doing as far as decorations, chairs, etc??

#1536 msop04

msop04
            • 64 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

Does anyone have any photos of their hair and makeup that the SMB Spa did??  Still trying to talk myself into using this... 

How flowers, pomander, or other decor use in your weddings??  Any coral colored flowers??  

Any "other" flowers/extras not listed on the website??  

If so, please post!!  :)

Thanks!!  

#1537 nicc80

nicc80
              • 114 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by CriCri 

Thank you so much for this picture!  I haven't any pictures of the cocktail/appetizer and my guests described me exactly what I see in your image.

Thanks CriCri definitely the first picture I have seen of any appetizers.  We were thinking mexican as well.  What did you choose for dinner?  Does anyone have pictures of the reception at the gazebo?  I had found one but I lost it and I am trying to figure out where everyone will be standing during our first dance.  We will have the dinner pool side and use the gazebo as a dance floor.  Where do you think everyone stands while you dance?

thanks-

Nicole

#1538 nicc80

nicc80
                • 114 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

I just thought of something else, when we are all done with the ceremony and people put their shoes back on, do they just brush off their feet?  Do we provide towels?  Any advice?

xoxoxo Nicole

#1539 nicc80

nicc80
                  • 114 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by CriCri 

I have taken sashes, fans and bubbles for the ceremony and maracas, menu and gifts/favors for the dinner.

Gift/favors - set up on the table at the reception is included in the Ultimate package whilst set up the sashes taken by home cost 2$ each. I had only 10 chairs and at the end Cecilia didn't ask me extra money.

I am taking place card holders and maracas... I want her to set it up if possible, of course she isn't responding to my emails even though my wedding is in a week or so.  I don't know why she is picking now.  Anyway I want to relax when I get there.  It so hectic right now I just want to be done.  How much is the set up fee anyone know???  I am doing cocktails with apps... I think its totally worth it.  People will be hungry and need entertainment while you take pics and they set up for dinner.  Apps are sometimes the most memorable treats...

ANyone doing extra desserts or a dessert table with the cake?

xoxox

Nicole

Originally Posted by beachbride2013 

We also did the cocktail hour with apps. I am guessing it was worth it. Groom and I were doing photos during that time. All the apps were pretty much gone when we arrived and I heard the food was good.

#1540 KCDawn

KCDawn
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 242 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by msop04 

Yay!!  Since they've gotten the new beach setup, we are seriously considering it!!  It will be beautiful!  What are you doing as far as decorations, chairs, etc??

I was completely set on the Gazebo until I saw the new setup. I love it!  I'm still working on decor.  I need to get in touch with the florist and see what my options are.  I know I'm going to add somewhere but I'm trying to keep the budget in check.    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users