Jump to content

Photo

Secrets Maroma Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2264 replies to this topic

#1181 kristinalilly

kristinalilly
  • Jr. Member
  • 182 posts

    Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

    Added these Facebook resources. So much information! Thanks for the heads up KCDawn!
     

    Originally Posted by KCDawn 

    You are too sweet!  I'm an accountant so I guess it's my nerdy tendency to read and research everything.  :-D
     


     

    I've picked up on a few things just by reading reviews and posts on the Facebook page.  If you're curious about a specific night of the week, email the e-concierge to ask.  Her email is info.semrc@secretsresorts.com.  I saw this on the E-Concierge's Facebook page today:

     

     

     
    I was wondering what days some of your theme parties are. Will be there in May. Want to plan an excursion and visiting Playa De Carmen, but dont want to miss your beach party or Mexican night!
     ·  · 
    Econcierge Cici Secrets-MaromaBeach beach party is on tuesdays same as mexican night, friday night is fire show and its a show-dinner, also don't miss monday-wednesday and thursday night time shows, those days are the best, so basically you just have saturday and sunday off...lol...but totally worth it not to miss those days :D


     



     



     



    #1182 ElleGee

    ElleGee
    • Jr. Member
    • 255 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 28, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach Resort
    • LocationHouston, Texas

    Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:30 PM



    It has listed canapes. I am not sure exactly what those are, LOL .  .  I am hoping to try my reception menu, and also the dessert options the day we arrive at the resort to finalize. I just wanted to have some type of food option during the bonfire to snack on. I wish we could do smores. . . .I swear I saw that someone had done that, but all the research I have done, I have no idea where I saw it. I need to ask Cecilia about that  : )

    Originally Posted by KCDawn 

    Great! I'm still considering the desert part.  Did they tell you what the desert is?
     



     



     


    - Elle Gee

    (Laura)

    Visit my online boutique: www.candiwithellegee.com


    #1183 nicc80

    nicc80
    • Newbie
    • 114 posts

      Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

      How do you know it's mexican night? I am pretty sure it's only hibachi that asks for a reservation... but if it is your reception than you can reserve almost any restaurant 
       

      Originally Posted by CriCri 

      I'm getting married on thuesday and I have read that there is the Mexican night. Do you know exactly  what is itand where is it?

       

      I have read from somewhere (but I don't remember where) that one of the restaurants asks the reservation. Do you know which is?

       

      Have you already choosen your canopy decoration? Do you have any pictures to show me?

       

      Thanks

      Bye

      Cri



       



      #1184 nicc80

      nicc80
      • Newbie
      • 114 posts

        Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

        oooh this is good!! thanks
         

        Originally Posted by KCDawn 

        You are too sweet!  I'm an accountant so I guess it's my nerdy tendency to read and research everything.  :-D
         


         

        I've picked up on a few things just by reading reviews and posts on the Facebook page.  If you're curious about a specific night of the week, email the e-concierge to ask.  Her email is info.semrc@secretsresorts.com.  I saw this on the E-Concierge's Facebook page today:

         

         

         
        I was wondering what days some of your theme parties are. Will be there in May. Want to plan an excursion and visiting Playa De Carmen, but dont want to miss your beach party or Mexican night!
         ·  · 
        Econcierge Cici Secrets-MaromaBeach beach party is on tuesdays same as mexican night, friday night is fire show and its a show-dinner, also don't miss monday-wednesday and thursday night time shows, those days are the best, so basically you just have saturday and sunday off...lol...but totally worth it not to miss those days :D


         



         



         



        #1185 beachbride2013

        beachbride2013
        • Jr. Member
        • 198 posts

          Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

          Hey Lola, they offer s'mores. I read it on the wedding FAQ or whatever it is on the website that gives options/pricing. I think they are $10 each or $5 each or something. I read in an earlier post that "they aren't really smores but they are really good." not sure what that means lol. That could be a really fun option though! We considered doing that but have decided against it.

          #1186 KCDawn

          KCDawn
          • Site Supporter
          • 242 posts

            Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:59 AM


            Canapes are Hors D'oeurves so not really desert but I've heard of other brides who've done desert with the bonfire so maybe it can be either one.  I was just curious what the options were for the price.  I saw the S'mores listed on the wedding guide for $10 ea under Cakes & Special Deserts.  I read somewhere too they weren't what we know as S'mores. 

            Originally Posted by LolaTX 



            It has listed canapes. I am not sure exactly what those are, LOL .  .  I am hoping to try my reception menu, and also the dessert options the day we arrive at the resort to finalize. I just wanted to have some type of food option during the bonfire to snack on. I wish we could do smores. . . .I swear I saw that someone had done that, but all the research I have done, I have no idea where I saw it. I need to ask Cecilia about that  : )



             



             



            #1187 newloves1975

            newloves1975
            • Newbie
            • 41 posts

              Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

              I haven't been on here for a while, but I think I'm all caught up now! There's been a ton of talk about the reception, etc but has anyone done any research on the actual wording at the ceremony? Cecilia sent me the wording for the symbolic ceremony, and maybe it's just me, but I don't like it. I've been doing some research on different ways to word it. I'm looking for a good scripture reading and/or a poem. Does anyone have any ideas?

              #1188 CriCri

              CriCri
              • Jr. Member
              • 225 posts

                Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:13 AM


                 

                Originally Posted by newloves1975 

                I haven't been on here for a while, but I think I'm all caught up now! There's been a ton of talk about the reception, etc but has anyone done any research on the actual wording at the ceremony? Cecilia sent me the wording for the symbolic ceremony, and maybe it's just me, but I don't like it. I've been doing some research on different ways to word it. I'm looking for a good scripture reading and/or a poem. Does anyone have any ideas?

                 

                I have found this for the hand ceremony:

                 

                Stephanie, please hold Christopher’s hands palms up, so you may see the gift that they are to you.
                These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and vibrant with love, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as he promises to passionately love you and cherish you through the years, for a lifetime of happiness.
                These are the hands that will work along side yours, as together you build your future, as you laugh and cry, as you share your innermost secrets and dreams.
                These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes: tears of sorrow and tears of joy.
                These are the hands that will comfort you in illness, and hold you when fear or grief engulfs your heart.
                These are the hands that when wrinkled and aged will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.
                These are the hands that will tenderly lift your chin and brush your cheek as they raise your face to look into his eyes: eyes that are filled completely with his overwhelming love and desire for you.


                Christopher, please hold Stephanie’s hands palms up, so you may see the gift that they are to you.
                These are the hands of your best friend, smooth, young and carefree, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as she promises to passionately love you and cherish you through the years, for a lifetime of happiness.
                These are the hands that will massage tension from you neck and back in the evenings after you’ve both had a long hard day.
                These are the hands that will hold you tight as you struggle through difficult times.
                These are the hands that will comfort you when you are sick, or console you when you are grieving.
                These are the hands that when wrinkled and aged will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.
                These are the hands that will give you support as she encourages you to chase down your dreams.


                May these hands be blessed that we see before us this day. May they always be held by one another. May they have the strength to hold on during the storms of stress and the dark of disillusionment. May they remain tender and gentle as they nurture each other in their wondrous love. May these hands continue building a relationship founded in love, rich in caring, and devoted in reaching for perfection. May Christopher and Stephanie see their four hands as healer, protector, shelter and guide.


                 

                 



                #1189 kristinalilly

                kristinalilly
                • Jr. Member
                • 182 posts

                  Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

                  Jeez, that's a real tearjerker! There won't be a dry eye to be found :)
                   

                  Originally Posted by CriCri 


                   

                   

                  I have found this for the hand ceremony:

                   

                  Stephanie, please hold Christopher’s hands palms up, so you may see the gift that they are to you.
                  These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and vibrant with love, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as he promises to passionately love you and cherish you through the years, for a lifetime of happiness.
                  These are the hands that will work along side yours, as together you build your future, as you laugh and cry, as you share your innermost secrets and dreams.
                  These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes: tears of sorrow and tears of joy.
                  These are the hands that will comfort you in illness, and hold you when fear or grief engulfs your heart.
                  These are the hands that when wrinkled and aged will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.
                  These are the hands that will tenderly lift your chin and brush your cheek as they raise your face to look into his eyes: eyes that are filled completely with his overwhelming love and desire for you.


                  Christopher, please hold Stephanie’s hands palms up, so you may see the gift that they are to you.
                  These are the hands of your best friend, smooth, young and carefree, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as she promises to passionately love you and cherish you through the years, for a lifetime of happiness.
                  These are the hands that will massage tension from you neck and back in the evenings after you’ve both had a long hard day.
                  These are the hands that will hold you tight as you struggle through difficult times.
                  These are the hands that will comfort you when you are sick, or console you when you are grieving.
                  These are the hands that when wrinkled and aged will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.
                  These are the hands that will give you support as she encourages you to chase down your dreams.


                  May these hands be blessed that we see before us this day. May they always be held by one another. May they have the strength to hold on during the storms of stress and the dark of disillusionment. May they remain tender and gentle as they nurture each other in their wondrous love. May these hands continue building a relationship founded in love, rich in caring, and devoted in reaching for perfection. May Christopher and Stephanie see their four hands as healer, protector, shelter and guide.


                   

                   



                   



                  #1190 newloves1975

                  newloves1975
                  • Newbie
                  • 41 posts

                    Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

                    I love it! Dang, I found some good stuff too, AND I wanted to do a sand ceremony. At this rate my ceremony will be way over the 30 min!! Love the hand thing though, love it, love it, love it!




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users