• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

I've had to take a little break from planning because of work, but I'm back! So we're sure now we want to do our reception on the beach instead of by the gazebo because we want to do one long dinner table for all 40 guests. I had a question regarding lighting for past beach brides, how much did you use? I'm envisioning 4 chandeliers and A LOT of candles in the center of the table, running the entire length of the table. Do you think it will be enough light once the sun goes down?

Secondly, for those who used the spa for hair and makeup, were you happy?

Thanks everyone!

Brides to Be,

I am cleaning house and selling tons of great wedding items you will need for your destination wedding.

I didn't know brides sold on this blog when I first joined months before my wedding. Now that it's over, wish I had of known before paying full price on decorations I used for only a few hours. Don't be like me!!!

Here's what I'm selling:

* White Sheers/Fabric - $85 for both. (Perfect for the gazebo/alter. Very long and the material is much more flowy than organza).

* Decorative Hangers - $10 Each (Bride, Flower Girl, bridesmaid, junior bridesmaid)

* White Moroccan Lanterns for Centerpieces - $18 Each (STUNNING! Your Will definitely make a statement with these!)

* White Petal Overlays - $20 each (I have 8). Stunning! Gorgeous! Posh!

* Victoria Secret bridal tank & Just married tank - $20 Each. (Perfect for photo op)

* Mexican Fiesta decor items:

-serapes runners ($10 ea.),

-small colorful lanterns in assorted bright colors ($10 ea.)

-Papel Picado (Mexican tissue Paper Banner) - $20 (13ft . unused, colorful, XL, and gorgeous!!! ($20)

(All are perfect for a welcome party or event with a Mexican theme - Stand out!).

* Vera Wang Hayden bridal gown - $1500 or best offer (Size 12/14 - perfect for garden/ beach ceremony or Trash the dress).

* Sand ceremony picture frame box - $20

* White Floral backdrop garland - $15 Each. (62” long! Use these to make your backdrop POP! So soft! Flowy! And gorgeous! Great alternative to using the crystal curtain that they charge a fortune for and that everyone has)

* Lanterns - $18 each (I have 8 - all are one size 18", looks great with LED candles)

* White sequin tablecloth 72" - $40 (lovely and nice and will be stunning for the sweetheart table or cake table.)

* Mr. & Mrs. Lace wedding chair sign - $10

* White Silky-Soft Bride' Boxer Shorts - $20

* White "The Bride" Silky-Soft Robe - $45 (light blue trim and embroidery that spells out 'The Bride' across the back.

PM me if interested. Prices do not include shipping. I can send what ever you want in bulk so it can be cheaper to ship.

post-282290-0-25812600-1435983492_thumb.jpg

post-282290-0-41735200-1435983511_thumb.jpg

post-282290-0-15395900-1435983535_thumb.jpg

post-282290-0-39950900-1435983573_thumb.jpg

post-282290-0-28183100-1435983621_thumb.jpg

post-282290-0-77964900-1435983661_thumb.jpg

post-282290-0-26911300-1435983838_thumb.jpg

post-282290-0-42025700-1435983899_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tallbride515

Hey Brides

I just sent out save the dates & am patiently awaiting for guests to make deposits but I'm getting negative feedback about cost. Several people are thinking they can go to Mexico for $1000 and I was anticipating more like $1800-2200 depending on the length of stay and where guests were flying from. Am I being unrealistic, I'm afraid I booked a resort that no one will be able to afford to go.

Has this happened to any other brides ?

@@FutureMrsReed We had the same problem with some people, a few even took it upon themselves to send us suggestions for cheaper places to hold our wedding. I gagged when I saw the places (and a lot of the cheaper places were not all inclusive so once you factor in everything, it wasn't that much cheaper). Can you go to Mexico for $1000? Absolutely. But the experience is going to be way different than if you spent $2000. Not to say that cheaper places aren't nice and wouldn't work for other people who have different priorities or constraints. But we personally didn't want to ask people to come all the way Mexico to stay at places we didn't personally think was worth it. And we also didn't want to hold our wedding at places we didn't love. 

To compromise, we told those who were on the fence about Secrets Maroma that they are welcomed to stay elsewhere and join us only for the wedding day. However, we knew there would be a few people who would legitimately have financial problems (vs those who simply didn't want to spend the money to come to our wedding in Mexico because they didn't like Mexico, but had no problem going to a destination wedding in Italy because they like Italy), e.g. our younger siblings who are still in college/grad school with no extra income. For those people, we asked them to save whatever they could (they had a year notice), and we would make up whatever they couldn't. 

Just for your reference, our wedding is a week before yours on 5/14/16 (do you need a planning buddy!?), most people are paying $1800 for flights (from the East Coast) and 5 nights stay. 

-Yune

@"yuniedo" thank you so much for the feedback ! I agree with you, I want the guests to have an amazing experience & we have guests coming from the Texas & California so destination made sense for us because no matter the location majority of the guests are going to have to travel. What's better then a gorgeous beach!! Right!!

I won't have the means to help everyone, I will most likely be paying for my Dad's stay. I completely understand for those guests that can't afford it.

I would love a planning buddy!!! Have you picked a photographer yet??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@@FutureMrsReed That was our thinking too, a lot of our guests would have had to travel anyways. I'm from SoCal and the fiance is from DC, we could meet in the middle in the Midwest or we could meet in the middle in Mexico!

I have not worked out my photo situation yet! That's what I'm working on right now. My problem is that I'm not really a pictures person (I don't take any, keep any or display any). While I would like to have a few nice photos, I won't be keeping an album to share with others. However, I would really like a short video that captures the essence of the whole day (I would personally like to see a 5-10 minute video rather than look through an album). Having both would really be expensive so I'm thinking of getting video for the whole day and only having photo there for maybe 2 hours to do a few shots by ourselves, the ceremony, and a few shots with family/friends afterwards. 

We went to a friend's wedding at Maroma in 2014 and she used Del Sol and were very happy. I've also been in contact with Juan Navarro (a preferred vendor) and I really like his work. And I know the resident photographers (Adventure Photos) sometimes get a a lot of flack for not being very good, but I met with them when we were there earlier this year and were able to look through a lot of their work. I think they're very good! They're still on my list. 

What about you?

Edited by yuniedo

@"yuniedo" I'm a photo person more so then video I think and have received info from a few photographers but haven't made a final decision yet. I was trying to wait a bit to get an idea of head count and see how much $$ in the budget would go to extras.

My next big things are wedding dress and engagement pictures coming up soon.

Fellow Maroma Brides, 

I just wanted to pass along some info I received today from Cecilia. The external vendor fee is only $100 (just like the external guest fee). I've had a lot of trouble trying to reach Planner 1 (the preferred vendor) and with help from other brides on here, I know they are a lot more expensive then other vendors in the area. I've gotten some quotes from some other party rental companies and so far, it appears that they are much cheaper (even with the external vendor fee) than Planner 1. 

Just wanted to share since I felt like Planner 1 was the only option (either by rule or by external fee being too high), but that is NOT the case. 

-Yune

@@FutureMrsReed good luck on the wedding dress hunt! I just started last weekend and I feel so lost. I like so many! I want to wear them all!!!

Also, since your wedding is right after mine. I was wondering if you had planned on bringing any decor? If it works out that we can use some of the same things (linens or candle holders/lanterns or whatever), I can sell them to you, I'll bring it down to the resort and then can leave it with Cecilia for you. Then you can trash afterwards or bring it back to resell again. Let me know if you're interested. There's another bride from DRC who may be interested, but i would rather leave the stuff at Maroma instead of lugging to another resort. 

@"yuniedo" Thanks for the great info and I would definitely be interested in some wedding decor :). I haven't picked colors yet but do have a few I'm favoring. It would be fantastic if it all worked well together !!!