Originally Posted by Planner1Events View Post

hello secrets maroma brides!!

we provide the lounge sets for the hotel and i must tell you girls that people love the this ambiance for the bonfire night. we have several packages including lounge sets, paper lamps, tikitorches, white flags to delimitate the area... that upgrade your welcome or rehearsal dinner and make it so much more special!

send me a PM in case you need more information and we can send you pictures of what we have done at the hotel.

congratulations for your wedding!!!

Cheers!

Gabi

LADIES: Gabi from Planner 1 Events was my point of contact for all of my upgrades for my big day!  Communication with her was effortless and quick. I highly recommend corresponding with her for some of the upgrade item questions ya'll have for Cecilia, because she can more than likely help you out too!  Gabi and Planner 1 helped execute my vision even more beautifully than I even imagined it :)!

hi everyone, 

i am totally new on here and our wedding is jan 26 2013...eek it's close. so i've just spent my morning reading through the pages of all your amazingly helpful information- thank you.

questions:

we are having ceremony, reception and dinner on the beach....anyone else do this? i haven't read that anyone has and this makes me nervous as to why not. we just really wanted to be on the beach for everything.

should we be adding lighting for the beach dinner?

we are doing the bonfire the night before with a bar, any other suggestions for this? or feedback from anyone that has done this

where is the mansion located that many of you did pictures at? we are bringing our photographer with us and I definitely want pictures there

thanks so much for your help. i'm sure i'll have more questions. we have been in touch with our wedding coordinator a lot so i feel pretty good about where we are at. 

Hey guys,

So just wanted to give everyone a quick update.  We've been at the resort for 2 days and it's really beautiful.  The service is great even though the resort is at 98-100% capacity.  The Italian and Japanese restaurants are fantastic.  We've met with Cecilia a couple of times now and she's been great as well - very attentive and happy to make all of our last minute changes and requests.  

We spend a good portion of the first 2 days doing wedding planning stuff - to be totally honest I've been pretty stressed out since we arrived - we made lots of changes and had to attend to last minute details that I ran out of time for back at home.  Whoops!  Anyways, it all seems to be coming together now.  

The weather has been a bit of a concern.  Even if it doesn't rain it is very windy here at night.  I am freezing actually, so if you're especially weather sensitive be aware!  We decided to move our reception from the Gazebo to the world cafe restaurant because of the cold.  Its a beautiful room so I'm happy with that.  The ceremony is still on the beach (weather pending of course) and the cocktail hour is in the gazebo.

Anyways, that's it for now!  Let me know if you have any questions that I can answer while I'm here!

Jen

Hi Angd! Congrats to you!!!

We were originally planning to do our ceremony and cocktail on the beach. Never planned for dinner on the beach simply because of the sand and wind. It just seemed like it would be awkward or uncomfortable and I think it would have been. After arriving at the resort we immediately switched out cocktail hour from the beach to our reception location (barracuda terrace). The beach is gorgeous but it really seemed like it would have been too much. It gets humid, windy, and can get cool on the beach at night. Plus I don't know that the DJ would have set up on the beach either. A little bit of the beach goes a long way when it comes to a wedding. This is only my opinion and others may feel differently and have a different view to offer. A wedding dress on a humid day isn't the most comfortable thing either, throw in a ton of sand and it is really bad. For us, we wanted less sand and wind. We also wanted to be sure that our guests would be as comfortable as possible. Those are the reasons we chose not to do the reception on the beach. Our cocktail hour was at 5:00 pm and the sun was out on full force. I was so glad we didn't do the cocktail on the beach. Everyone would have been sweating like crazy.

Originally Posted by angd View Post

hi everyone, 

i am totally new on here and our wedding is jan 26 2013...eek it's close. so i've just spent my morning reading through the pages of all your amazingly helpful information- thank you.

questions:

we are having ceremony, reception and dinner on the beach....anyone else do this? i haven't read that anyone has and this makes me nervous as to why not. we just really wanted to be on the beach for everything.

we are doing the bonfire the night before with a bar, any other suggestions for this? or feedback from anyone that has done this

where is the mansion located that many of you did pictures at? we are bringing our photographer with us and I definitely want pictures there

thanks so much for your help. i'm sure i'll have more questions. we have been in touch with our wedding coordinator a lot so i feel pretty good about where we are at. 

Originally Posted by angd View Post

hi everyone, 

questions:

I suggest you beach ceremony , beach cocktail and wedding gazebo for the dinner.

I did a romantic dinner in the beach the week after the dinner but it was very windy.

The mansion is located on the right side of the resort , 5 minute walking. It's an abandoned privat house but when you try to enter to take wedding pictures, a man immediatley arrive and ask you tip to enter (20$)

If you want take pictures there, ask to the photographer before going.

Happy planning!

Originally Posted by Jen Eeson View Post

Hey guys,

So just wanted to give everyone a quick update.  We've been at the resort for 2 days and it's really beautiful.  The service is great even though the resort is at 98-100% capacity.  The Italian and Japanese restaurants are fantastic.  We've met with Cecilia a couple of times now and she's been great as well - very attentive and happy to make all of our last minute changes and requests.  

We spend a good portion of the first 2 days doing wedding planning stuff - to be totally honest I've been pretty stressed out since we arrived - we made lots of changes and had to attend to last minute details that I ran out of time for back at home.  Whoops!  Anyways, it all seems to be coming together now.  

The weather has been a bit of a concern.  Even if it doesn't rain it is very windy here at night.  I am freezing actually, so if you're especially weather sensitive be aware!  We decided to move our reception from the Gazebo to the world cafe restaurant because of the cold.  Its a beautiful room so I'm happy with that.  The ceremony is still on the beach (weather pending of course) and the cocktail hour is in the gazebo.

Anyways, that's it for now!  Let me know if you have any questions that I can answer while I'm here!

Jen

Jen, enjoy this fantastic moment....and happy honeymoon :-)))

Good Morning Ladies,

I sent my wire transfer to the resort and promptly Cecilia has stopped responding to my emails.  She will not confirm that she has received that transfer and I made the transfer at the end of November.  Any suggestions?  I'm starting to panic that I need to look at other resorts!!  It's been almost a month since I heard from her. 

Thank you!!

Originally Posted by un4gitabl View Post

Good Morning Ladies,

I sent my wire transfer to the resort and promptly Cecilia has stopped responding to my emails.  She will not confirm that she has received that transfer and I made the transfer at the end of November.  Any suggestions?  I'm starting to panic that I need to look at other resorts!!  It's been almost a month since I heard from her. 

Thank you!!

Just send her an email again asking if she received your deposit and then be patient. She could be out of town, or working a wedding. Sometimes it takes a while for them to get back to you. Since your wedding day is so far from now, she may not be rushing to get back to you.