Jump to content

Recommended Posts


That's such a bummer.  I would have loved to do those!
 

Originally Posted by beachbride2013 View Post

They do not allow sky lanterns.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh boo, really? That's too bad. From what I've heard normally the places that allow fireworks and bonfires will let you have them... That really sucks.

Alternatives anyone?
 

Originally Posted by beachbride2013 View Post

They do not allow sky lanterns.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this forum and all the insight we can share!!!

 

I know many of ya'll are doing a welcome bonfire the evening prior to the wedding. Do ya'll plan to decorate in any way? Does anyone know what the set up consists of? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're planning on doing one too but I haven't talked to Valeria about planning it yet.  I guess I should get on that!  haha   I'd love to do the buffet on the beach but I hate to pay for another dinner when everyone's already paying for the all-inclusive.  I think we're just going to do the bonfire and the bar.  I'm thinking we might do dinner with our parents or something like that and let everyone else do dinner on their own. Plus, we're getting married on a Saturday and I think there's a good bit going on at the hotel on a Friday night (Fiesta night maybe??).   From what I've read, it sounds like they set up the bonfire and put some of the beach chairs around it.  I hadn't thought of decorations.  I think we're just going to keep it simple, but I'm all for ideas!  Love you girls and creativity!


 

Originally Posted by LolaTX View Post

I love this forum and all the insight we can share!!!

 

I know many of ya'll are doing a welcome bonfire the evening prior to the wedding. Do ya'll plan to decorate in any way? Does anyone know what the set up consists of? 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received my wedding contract with the beach bonfire info on it. It states that we will recieve (for the $250 fee) the Beach bonfire, resort lounge chairs around fire, and cocktail tables. For an additional cost we can have flowers and music. We are just bringing an ipod dock for the music though. I'm so excited!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you guys doing the bar or food of any kind? 

 

Originally Posted by beachbride2013 View Post

I received my wedding contract with the beach bonfire info on it. It states that we will recieve (for the $250 fee) the Beach bonfire, resort lounge chairs around fire, and cocktail tables. For an additional cost we can have flowers and music. We are just bringing an ipod dock for the music though. I'm so excited!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, $250? That's much cheaper than I thought it would be.
Is that including a bar setup as well? I hadn't really considered doing this as I thought it wouldn't be in the budget, but at that price I just may.

We're getting married in August so the bonfire would probably be starting later as the sunsets later. I'd probably rather eat beforehand, but having a bar setup would be a definite.

How long of a bonfire does that $250 include?

Thanks for sharing
 

Originally Posted by beachbride2013 View Post

I received my wedding contract with the beach bonfire info on it. It states that we will recieve (for the $250 fee) the Beach bonfire, resort lounge chairs around fire, and cocktail tables. For an additional cost we can have flowers and music. We are just bringing an ipod dock for the music though. I'm so excited!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are doing the bar only. We aren't doing food though.  We are going to have everyone do their own thing for dinner and meet us at 8:30 on the beach for the bonfire. That is the main reason we are doing in on Friday rather than Saturday. I just don't want to be up drinking til 10:30 the night before the wedding.

I am so excited!!
 

Originally Posted by KCDawn View Post

Are you guys doing the bar or food of any kind? 

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×