Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi Jennyyhwang 

My reception location has to be changed last minute and I was thinking barracuda terrace.  I can no longer view the video, but I was wondering if you could tell me more about it.  Did you use the Gazabo as a dance floor?  How many guests in your party?  
 

Originally Posted by jennyyhwang View Post

Hi Sarah!

 

Yup, those are the standard chairs without the seat covers.  They're what you'll get if you don't make any special requests for other types of chairs.  I love the look without the chair covers too. :)

 

Our DJ was provided by the resort.  His name was Joshua and he was super AWESOME!!!  He played such great music, plus he was humorous and really got the crowd going! :D  Also, everyone loved the lighted dance floor (instead of the regular wooden one).  If it's in your budget, I would totally recommend getting it! 

 

We had the dinner reception at the Barracuda Terrace, which is on the other side of the gazebo, and next to the pool.  It was perfect and I loved it. :)  And we also had hanging lights over the reception.  It makes the ambiance great and looks pretty in pictures, so I really recommend that too if it's in your budget. :)  You get a choice of round lights or star lights.

 

Please let me know if there are any other questions I can help with.  Happy planning!!!!

 

Jenny :)



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


OMG thank you!!

Originally Posted by KCDawn View Post

I have the file with the reception locations.  I can send it to you.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone having their reception at the barracuda terrace?  I finally have the wedding loation file thanks KCDawn I am looking for pictures of what this place looks like dressed up for a wedding.  All I can find are those brownish table cloths and uncovered chairs.  Thoughts on this location?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having my reception there. I have searched the interweb over for pics and have come up with very little. It is pretty much the same as the gazebo terrace except on the opposite size of resort along the beach and pool. It's still has ocean views. I am having my wedding in May, so I can post pics when I return. If the gazebo is your first choice and is not available, I would suggest the barracuda terrace or the beach. They seem like the most popular and prettiest choices. The beach may be quite windy though. What time is your wedding?
 

Originally Posted by nicc80 View Post

Is anyone having their reception at the barracuda terrace?  I finally have the wedding loation file thanks KCDawn I am looking for pictures of what this place looks like dressed up for a wedding.  All I can find are those brownish table cloths and uncovered chairs.  Thoughts on this location?

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies!!!!! I have inquired with Cecilia, and she has not yet responded in regards to the questions I have, so I am putting them out here too, in case any of ya'll may know!

 

1) We are doing the ultimate package, but expecting many more people than 20, will be charged for any chairs? And we do not plan to upgrade them, the avante garde ones are fine for us.

 

2) Do you know if they move the chairs from the ceremony to the reception area? I am bringing my own chair bows and need to know if I need to bring double the amount for both the events.

 

3) How big are the round tables for the reception? What is the standard included table cloth size and material? I am bringing my own overlays, and it will look best on white satin of course  :)!

 

Thanks ladies!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay, I am so glad you responded.  I know it's going to be pretty.  I wish they displayed pics of this area the way they do the gazebo terrace.  It really would make me more at ease.  I was looking at it on a map after I read your post and i see that it is pretty equidistant to the pool/ocean as the gazebo terrace.  I know that I do not want to do the beach.  I will want a break after bonfire the night before and cocktail hour on the beach yah know.  Did you already post about your rehearsal dinner?
 

Originally Posted by beachbride2013 View Post

I am having my reception there. I have searched the interweb over for pics and have come up with very little. It is pretty much the same as the gazebo terrace except on the opposite size of resort along the beach and pool. It's still has ocean views. I am having my wedding in May, so I can post pics when I return. If the gazebo is your first choice and is not available, I would suggest the barracuda terrace or the beach. They seem like the most popular and prettiest choices. The beach may be quite windy though. What time is your wedding?
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also wish there were more pics of the area. I would love to see what it looks like for a reception.

 

We are not having a rehearsal dinner. We are doing a beach "welcome" bonfire for our guests on Friday night. Our wedding is on Sunday. I just didn't want to do it the night before the wedding. I'm not really sure what we will do on Saturday evening. Probably just take it easy.
 

Originally Posted by nicc80 View Post

Yay, I am so glad you responded.  I know it's going to be pretty.  I wish they displayed pics of this area the way they do the gazebo terrace.  It really would make me more at ease.  I was looking at it on a map after I read your post and i see that it is pretty equidistant to the pool/ocean as the gazebo terrace.  I know that I do not want to do the beach.  I will want a break after bonfire the night before and cocktail hour on the beach yah know.  Did you already post about your rehearsal dinner?
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Lola, I don't think they actually move the chairs to the reception. I could be wrong, but I have read in older posts that Cecilia said to double up on sashes because they do not have time to move the sashes from the ceremony to reception area. I am bringing my own sashes and bought twice the amount of guests I have.
 

Originally Posted by LolaTX View Post

Hi ladies!!!!! I have inquired with Cecilia, and she has not yet responded in regards to the questions I have, so I am putting them out here too, in case any of ya'll may know!

 

1) We are doing the ultimate package, but expecting many more people than 20, will be charged for any chairs? And we do not plan to upgrade them, the avante garde ones are fine for us.

 

2) Do you know if they move the chairs from the ceremony to the reception area? I am bringing my own chair bows and need to know if I need to bring double the amount for both the events.

 

3) How big are the round tables for the reception? What is the standard included table cloth size and material? I am bringing my own overlays, and it will look best on white satin of course  :)!

 

Thanks ladies!!!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They do not charge for additional chairs, just food, bar, decor, etc.
 

Originally Posted by beachbride2013 View Post

Hey Lola, I don't think they actually move the chairs to the reception. I could be wrong, but I have read in older posts that Cecilia said to double up on sashes because they do not have time to move the sashes from the ceremony to reception area. I am bringing my own sashes and bought twice the amount of guests I have.
 



 



 



Originally Posted by LolaTX View Post

Hi ladies!!!!! I have inquired with Cecilia, and she has not yet responded in regards to the questions I have, so I am putting them out here too, in case any of ya'll may know!

 

1) We are doing the ultimate package, but expecting many more people than 20, will be charged for any chairs? And we do not plan to upgrade them, the avante garde ones are fine for us.

 

2) Do you know if they move the chairs from the ceremony to the reception area? I am bringing my own chair bows and need to know if I need to bring double the amount for both the events.

 

3) How big are the round tables for the reception? What is the standard included table cloth size and material? I am bringing my own overlays, and it will look best on white satin of course  :)!

 

Thanks ladies!!!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if SMB allows sky lanterns? I've sent an email to Valeria, but lately it's been taking such a long time to hear back so I thought I'd ask here in case anyone's already looked into it.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Good afternoon, I wanted to inquire if anyone has or knows someone who got married at this resort. How was it? How are the coordinators? Packages that were chosen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.
    • Hi all! I know this is an old thread... but just in case there are other destination wedding brides out there with the same question, I thought I would answer! My guy and I live in Texas and just got our marriage license (yay!). We are getting married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The Dallas County clerk informed us that we can get our marriage license in Texas, bring it and a Texas-registered officiant to Mexico, have the ceremony in Mexico, then bring the marriage license back to Texas to file and it will be LEGAL in the US.  In  other words, we can legally get married in Mexico using our Texas marriage license and officiant (who is a family friend), then file the paperwork when we get home. Where it says 'county in which ceremony was performed' on the license, we just put in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and bam! Married :) I do not know if this is true for other states, but it is CONFIRMED for Texas! I suggest asking the clerk when you register for your marriage license. I am overjoyed that we can have a US-legal marriage in Mexico so our wedding date on our license will be the actual day! NO blood tests, or getting married before or after the trip required!  
    • Every Bride spends a lot of time researching and worrying about her perfect wedding dress. While many Indian brides choose the traditional red colour for their bridal gown, a few of them find some different colours to wear on their special day. Here is a description of how to choose an Indian wedding dress that suits your skin tone. 1) Fair complexion: You can choose any shade of blue or bright shades of pink and red. In the shades of blue- select scuba blue or royal blue. Among other colours this season, you can pick up your dress in tangerine.   2) Wheatish complexion Just select those colours which bring out the warmth in your complexion. Some of the best options for you are tangy orange, saffron yellow, vibrant shades of red, mint green and hot pink.   3) Dusky complexion: If you have an olive skin tone, then you can pull off any rich and dark colour quite well. So, the colours like classic blue, marsala, burnt orange and brick red are just perfect for you. Also the metallic silver, gold and bronze will even flatter your face pretty well
    • I will be using the hPage Website Builder to create a free website for our wedding. I am planning to post wedding updates, wedding photos, wedding reminders, and wedding articles regarding our upcoming marriage there. For RSVP, I am using Facebook events since almost all we invited have facebook and it would be easier to get their "yes" or "no" confirmation there. In case anyone is interested as well here's their site: hPage Website Builder - https://www.hpage.com
    • Minimalist wedding bands look so classy and timeless regardless of the venue.
  • Topics

×