Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Anyone have a hard time gett'n in touch with the SM Wedding Coordinators?

 

I'm not sure if it was just me or they do have a priorizing system of answering emails.

I've sent out couple emails weeks ago and still haven't got a reply. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just emailed them so I will let you know if they respond.
 

Originally Posted by Funkydoll View Post

Anyone have a hard time gett'n in touch with the SM Wedding Coordinators?

 

I'm not sure if it was just me or they do have a priorizing system of answering emails.

I've sent out couple emails weeks ago and still haven't got a reply. 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Response time seems to be the biggest gripe everyone has on here.  From what I've read, they give more priority to weddings coming up in the next 3 months but it seems to be hit or miss.  Since your wedding date isn't until December, they're likely to be a little slower in getting back to you.  I've also heard they get a ton of emails everyday and they can get pretty bogged down in general.  Unfortunately this seems to be one of the drawbacks to having a caribbean wedding.  If it's something you really need answered, I'd just send a reminder so you don't get lost in the pile!

 

 

Originally Posted by Funkydoll View Post

Anyone have a hard time gett'n in touch with the SM Wedding Coordinators?

 

I'm not sure if it was just me or they do have a priorizing system of answering emails.

I've sent out couple emails weeks ago and still haven't got a reply. 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She did get back to me.

After speaking with Cecilia,

It seems that the reception locations are on a first come first serve basis. I did not realize that. Someone else is having their reception at the wedding gazebo place so I will not be able to have mine there. I was able to reserve the barracuda terrace for my reception. When I originally inquired, I was told I could do it wherever I wanted. I told them I wanted to have it at the gazebo but it seems that was lost in translation. Thank goodness the barracuda terrace was available. It was very important to me to have ocean views.

 

I guess I should have been more aggressive with what I wanted. I can be pretty laid back and tend to take things as they come. Oh well. After looking at the different locations, the barracuda terrace was my second choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi CriCri,

I got this Wedding areas/pics from Cecilia.  Hope it would help....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Originally Posted by CriCri View Post

I will probably have a private reception despite we will be a small group.

 

Can you help me tho chose the best location for it? I'm note sure where is the best lplace for a small group

- gazebo terrace (near or inside wedding gazebo )

- barracuda terrace

- beach

 

Do you have any idea or pictures?

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gazebo terrace or Barracuda terrase ... very big deal ;-)
 

Originally Posted by Funkydoll View Post

Hi CriCri,

I got this Wedding areas/pics from Cecilia.  Hope it would help....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What you do for the MUSIC at the Wedding CEREMONY?

 

Need some ideas from all the SM brides......

  • Bring your own ipod dock?
  • pay $180+tax for the Sound System for Ceremony?
  • Hire Live music band?

 

I'm going to have a symbolic ceremony on the beach and i've heard the whole ceremony will be less than 30 mins.  It seems kinna $$$ to spend $700+ to hire a Violinist.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're doing the ipod dock.  We're going to buy a good one, maybe the Bose Sounddock, and take it with us.  We'll use it for the Ceremony, reception and the bonfire the night before the wedding.  We're doing the Ultimate Package which includes the Mexican trio so we're using them for the cocktail hour.  If you're doing one of the packages they will let you substitute. So if you really want live music and there's something in the package you don't need, you could get some credit to put towards it.

 

Originally Posted by Funkydoll View Post

What you do for the MUSIC at the Wedding CEREMONY?

 

Need some ideas from all the SM brides......

  • Bring your own ipod dock?
  • pay $180+tax for the Sound System for Ceremony?
  • Hire Live music band?

 

I'm going to have a symbolic ceremony on the beach and i've heard the whole ceremony will be less than 30 mins.  It seems kinna $$$ to spend $700+ to hire a Violinist.

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi KCDawn,

That's a very good idea.  Then i will need to ask someone reliable to be my "music technician" for the ceremonycool.gif

 

Same as you, we have the Ultimate Package and I'm planning to substitute the Photo pkg to 3 hrs DJ time (might have to add some $$)

and for the Trio.... I'm still debating if i should have it during Cocktail hours or reception.
 

Originally Posted by KCDawn View Post

We're doing the ipod dock.  We're going to buy a good one, maybe the Bose Sounddock, and take it with us.  We'll use it for the Ceremony, reception and the bonfire the night before the wedding.  We're doing the Ultimate Package which includes the Mexican trio so we're using them for the cocktail hour.  If you're doing one of the packages they will let you substitute. So if you really want live music and there's something in the package you don't need, you could get some credit to put towards it.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×