I cannot explain how helpful your response just was.  Now I know I want the cocktail hour on the beach.  I kept going back and forth and looking at some pictures really helped.  Thanks for all that information.  Wow, Elizabeth Medina's pictures look amazing.  I hope Juan from the resort does a good job too.  I am pretty sure I am going with him.  Who are you going with?

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to respond.

-Nicole

Originally Posted by KCDawn View Post

If you look at the Secrets Wedding Guide (the pdf file on their website) you can see all the music options.  They have listed a Mexican/Mariachi Trio which is what is included in the Ultimate Package and what we are having.  They also have a full Mariachi band which I'm assuming is a bigger group with more instruments.  We chose the beach for the cocktail hour because we are having our ceremony and reception at the gazebo.  We thought it would be a nice change of scenery and it would feel like a separate event and not just an extended part of the reception.  Also we are doing a group picture with all of our guests on the beach in the time between the ceremony and cocktail hour.  It seemed to make sense to guide everyone to the beach for pictures then keep them there for the cocktail hour.  Of course, the pictures made it look like fun too!  I found them just by poking around on line and on this site.  Here is one place I saw some pictures of a beach cocktail hour with the mexican trio:  http://secretsresortsblog.com/2011/12/28/a-real-wedding-at-secrets-maroma-beach/  There was also at least 1 bride in the Secrets Resort Reviews on this site that mentioned the beach cocktail hour and that it was fun.  Like you said, I'm sure either place would be fun, but since the ceremony is relatively short, it might be fun to extend your time on the beach a little more.

You are so welcome!! I'm glad I could help. We are going with Juan as our photographer. I actually did a good bit of research in this area before making that decision. I contacted several photographers including Juan not knowing he was Secrets†photographer until he responded. I emailed him back and forth a few times. He was great! I told him my ideas for what I wanted and didn't want and he was totally on board. For example, I told him I wanted some getting ready pictures but not the whole morning. I also wanted a First Look and to do pictures with my Fiance before the ceremony (he said he loved doing those!). I wanted him to do the ceremony, cocktail hour and a group picture with all of our guests. He came back with a perfect schedule and didnâ€t push for a minimum number of hours like most of the other photographers I had contacted. He also said he always comes prepared to work longer so if we changed our minds and wanted him to stay, he would. With the package at Secrets, it is Juan "or one of his associates" that will do the photography. By emailing him I was able to confirm that Juan was available and would be there on our wedding day. Based on my communication with Juan we upgraded our package from Photo Package 3 (included in the Secrets Ultimate Package) to Photo Package 6 and we will just be charged the difference between the listed price of the two packages. The packages are all listed in the pdf Wedding Guide. This was by far the cheapest option I found, even for the same amount of time and pictures.  I was prepared to spend more if I had to but I'm so happy we didn't.  You can see samples of Juanâ€s work on his website and blog: http://juanphotos.com & http://blog.juanphotos.com.

You are so welcome!! I'm glad I could help. We are going with Juan as our photographer. I actually did a good bit of research in this area before making that decision. I contacted several photographers including Juan not knowing he was Secrets†photographer until he responded.  I emailed him back and forth a few times. He was great! I told him my ideas for what I wanted and didn't want and he was totally on board. For example, I told him I wanted some getting ready pictures but not the whole morning.  I also wanted a First Look and to do pictures with my Fiance before the ceremony (he said he loved doing those!).  I wanted him to do the ceremony, cocktail hour and a group picture with all of our guests.  He came back with a perfect schedule and didnâ€t push for a minimum number of hours like most of the other photographers I had contacted.  He also said he always comes prepared to work longer so if we changed our minds and wanted him to stay, he would. With the package at Secrets, it is Juan "or one of his associates" that will do the photography. By emailing him I was able to confirm that Juan was available and would be there on our wedding day.  Based on my communication with Juan we upgraded our package from Photo Package 3 (included in the Secrets Ultimate Package) to Photo Package 6 and we will just be charged the difference between the listed price of the two packages.  The packages are all listed in the pdf Wedding Guide.  You can see samples of Juanâ€s work on his website and blog: http://juanphotos.com & http://blog.juanphotos.com.

Originally Posted by nicc80 View Post

I cannot explain how helpful your response just was.  Now I know I want the cocktail hour on the beach.  I kept going back and forth and looking at some pictures really helped.  Thanks for all that information.  Wow, Elizabeth Medina's pictures look amazing.  I hope Juan from the resort does a good job too.  I am pretty sure I am going with him.  Who are you going with?

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to respond.

-Nicole

We are doing our reception at the Gazebo (I think)....eek! I don't even remember what I have planed now!! I'm on spring break now so hopefully I can get some things planned this week! I need to figure out decorations, order chair bows, and I think we are now considering doing the DJ from the resort.

This is so exciting! I cannot wait to get married at this resort!!

Hi fellow brides!!!!  I am reaching out for some advice!!!!

Ceremony Decoration:

I can not seem to get a clear answer of what is included with the Secrets Ultimate Packagef for a beach ceremony? From what I understand it is the white aisle runner with starfish and seashell weights to hold it down, white avanat garden chairs, and white chair covers. I am confused if any decoration is included on the chuppah. Due to the prices, I am thinking of making my own pommanders or crytal backdrop to hang from the chuppah. In addition, I am planning to bring my own chair sashes and aisle decorations (either aisle marker starfish or pommanders on a hanger).  Cecillia did confirm that they would charge $2 per item for them to set up my decorations, which I think is ridiculous.  Looks like my bridal party and family will be busy :)!!

I asked Cecilia if they use the same chairs from the ceremony and just move them to the reception for dinner. She said that they do. Has anyone else had any experience with this or know for certain. I was planning on organza sashes for the ceremony, and then satin sashes for the reception. However, if they move the same chairs, I dont want any body from my wedding feeling the need to change out the sashes.

Reception Decor:

I am expecting approximately 50-70 people. The pricing I recived for the centerpieces I am intersted in (submereged orchids with floating candles in tall cylinder vases) is about a $100 per table The florist they use is Mayan Florist and I have now been able to get a better idea of what they can do, but how expensive it is. I can make the centerpieces myself for about $20 per table...or even less. But, I just dont want to haull the glass items, etc, and have to deal with more set up. I am on the fence of what to do here. However, I am fairly certain I will be bringing my own table overlays, napkins, and napkin rings. These are very light to travel with and can make a huge difference for my ambiance.  I have asked Cecelia what the fabric material and size for the standard white ones they supply free of cost, and she has not answered me yet. My decorator locally told me to confirm that they are floor length satin or my sheer overlays will not look right. My fear is they use a pleated table skirt and a polyester table cloth. . .which would just mean I need to bring my own table cloths also. I am really looking for a romantic, magical ambiance with lots of candles and twinkles. And planning from afar, is making it difficult to really envion my dream.

Other extras I included were 30 chinese lanterns and the fireworks. Ihave also booked the resort  DJ for three hours,  upgraded videographer, and upgraded photo package. I am on the fence with some fo the photos I have seen from Juan Navarro's site, so I emailed him to ask if he could be the one to shoot my wedding specifically. I also asked if they would have an asssitant to captrue both my entrance and my groom's face when he sees me for the first time. I am thinking I may want to add an extra hour to the reception . . but everything has already added up way past what I expected to pay. Adding an extra hour to the reception would be around $2000 . . which I I dont think is really worth it. I hope this can be a last minute decision.

We are also doing a couple of other events:

Bonfire Desserts & Bar on the beach the night before

Bridal Luncheon Day of Wedding ( my bridesmaids and mothers) @ Oceana  -  they are charging me $18 per person for this!!!!!!

Farewell Brunch @ World Cafe - I asked to reserve an area for my guests to come have breakfast before they leave back home

PLEASE respond back with ideas, advice, suggestions . .. or anything. I am really feeling the stress right now :(

By the way, my colors are persian plum (dessy.com), charcoal gray, and silver.

I am sorry...I forgot to add:

Wedding - 4pm Beach

Cocktail hour - 530pm Seaside Terrace

Reception - 6pm Seaside Terrace

Does anyone know if the Seaside terrace overlooks the water?I am assume it does, hence the name, LOL! I am just worried about the Gazebo area and being too close to the pool . . .my guest might get a little crazy!!!! : )

REALLY??????I need to look into this

Originally Posted by CriCri View Post

Hi dear SMB brides

the wedding planner told me that this is the photographer for the wedding in the resort:

http://secretsmaroma.adventurephotos.com.mx/   - Adrian is the name

Do you know Aventura photo? It doesn't seem Juan Navarro company??

I'm a little bit confused?

Did you have any experience/contact with him?

Thank you Linzb for the update. I also sent Ceclia an email this weekend confirmin who my photographer through them (my wedding is Oct 28th) would be.  These are VERY important details :)!!!! I will keep ya'll posted when she replies.

Is anyone else bringing your decorations (chair sashes, pommanders, centerpieces, linens)? I hate the idea of having to haul everything there, and then having to make sure it is set up appropriately, but it certainly seems a lot cheaper. And will also give me piece of mind that the colors are exactly what I was looking for :)