Originally Posted by lorcas View Post

Just found out from Cecilia that the Gazebo Terrace is booked by another couple for their reception. I have been asking her about that space for almost 2 months now and never once did she say it was booked until today.

I am devasted. And my back up space is also booked. I told her to add it to the contract multiple times and she never did. I did not want to sign the contract without the proper information in the contract. But she didn't listen. She also hasn't taken out the cocktail hour or added my bonfire like I told her to 3 times already.

is there anything I can do about this? I don't have a reception space! And I do NOT want in on the beach. I AM SO UPSET I WANT TO CRY OR THROW UP OR BOTH!!

Hi Lorcas. This happened to us as well. We ended up doing the Baracuda Terrace (NOT the lawn) and it was beautiful. It is equidistant to the beach compared to the Gazebo. You would obviously not have the gazebo, but it is really beautiful and I would recommend this over any of the "lawn" options. It also has a beautiful view of the beach and is right near the infinity pool.

The locations are really the most important to get taken care of. As far as any other changes go, they can be made at any time and it's not really a big deal. Good luck!

Originally Posted by beachbride2013 View Post

Hi Lorcas. This happened to us as well. We ended up doing the Baracuda Terrace (NOT the lawn) and it was beautiful. It is equidistant to the beach compared to the Gazebo. You would obviously not have the gazebo, but it is really beautiful and I would recommend this over any of the "lawn" options. It also has a beautiful view of the beach and is right near the infinity pool.

The locations are really the most important to get taken care of. As far as any other changes go, they can be made at any time and it's not really a big deal. Good luck!

Originally Posted by un4gitabl View Post

Oh Lorcas!  I'm sorry!!  If I were you would go with two options.  A) talk to Cecilia and ask why she didn't schedule it when you originally talked about it and see if there are any options from her side.  B) What was your second option, I feel like I remember thinking the Barracuda lawn or even the World Cafe Terrace might be nice.   I saw a wedding that I believe was on the wedding cafe terrace and it looked AWESOME!!  On another note, I might ask if the Gazebo is booked what time that wedding is.  Hang in there!!  I promise I seem to be experiencing the closer your wedding gets the more responsive she is now, but I know the frustration when you want to get it all signed and set.  Another side note, I seem to get better and faster responses when I only address one thing at a time.  Your day will be fabulous no matter what happens!! :-)

I haven't been able to contact Cecilia. This is exactly why this happened. SHe takes WAY TOO long to answer a matter that should take minutes. 

The Barracuda Terrace is already taken as well apparently. That was my back up location, but since she won't answer my emails, of course the locations are getting scooped up by other people. 

Is there anyone hire than Cecilia I can talk to?

Any one know what the Oceana Terrace looks like? And I haven't been able to find it on the map anywhere. Is it the same as the Seaside Terrace?

I believe that Cecilia is the wedding coordinator in charge. It does take some time for them to get back to you and yes it can be frustrating. I feel for you.

I think Oceana is the buffet restaurant. So the terrace would be a large covered patio area. It's downstairs. I could be wrong about this, but I think that is what oceana is.

I didn't see a wedding take place at that location.

I did see a wedding take place upstairs on the other side of the night club. They had a DJ, lights and everything set up there. It looked really nice and they were off to the side so it looked pretty private. That would be an option to consider. I thought it was neat that they were upstairs so you are overlooking the resort and the ocean. Also, it was raining, so they were protected by a covering of some sort. I don't know what that location is named.

Just found out from Cecilia that the Gazebo Terrace is booked by another couple for their reception. I have been asking her about that space for almost 2 months now and never once did she say it was booked until today.

I am devasted. And my back up space is also booked. I told her to add it to the contract multiple times and she never did. I did not want to sign the contract without the proper information in the contract. But she didn't listen. She also hasn't taken out the cocktail hour or added my bonfire like I told her to 3 times already.

is there anything I can do about this? I don't have a reception space! And I do NOT want in on the beach. I AM SO UPSET I WANT TO CRY OR THROW UP OR BOTH!!

Lorcas... I am SO SORRY this is happening. One thing I found helpful when I was waiting for the confirmation of the deposit and the initial contract (and chomping all my nails off because Cecilia wouldn't contact me) is I got my travel agent involved. She's with Apple Vacations and she even was the one to suggest emailing them herself. One thing I noticed is the wording she used in the subject. Things like SECOND REQUEST, PAST DUE, NO CONTACT. We have to remember that Cecilia is dealing easily with 100s of emails/day. I am guessing the more distinctive you make your heading the better. Pretty lady, trust me I know about being anal retentive and wanting every detail perfect. Remember however that ANYWHERE on that resort will be beautiful. You're going to be at a gorgeous resort and you're marrying the man you love, the rest is details. After all the planning to have everything perfect it may still rain and any of us could be stuck indoors completely changing out thoughts of what it will be. I would suggest just pinning down anything you can agree to now, but definitely addressing the issue and showing the emails prior to paying in full when you meet with Cecilia.

On a different note, does any one have pictures of the centerpieces that are included in the ultimate wedding package? I am debating upgrading, but am unsure of what the standard looks like. I JUST emailed Cecilia with other questions so don't want to harass her again just yet. ANYONE having used just the standard flowers for everything please post!!

Originally Posted by ldigliani View Post

Lorcas... I am SO SORRY this is happening. One thing I found helpful when I was waiting for the confirmation of the deposit and the initial contract (and chomping all my nails off because Cecilia wouldn't contact me) is I got my travel agent involved. She's with Apple Vacations and she even was the one to suggest emailing them herself. One thing I noticed is the wording she used in the subject. Things like SECOND REQUEST, PAST DUE, NO CONTACT. We have to remember that Cecilia is dealing easily with 100s of emails/day. I am guessing the more distinctive you make your heading the better. Pretty lady, trust me I know about being anal retentive and wanting every detail perfect. Remember however that ANYWHERE on that resort will be beautiful. You're going to be at a gorgeous resort and you're marrying the man you love, the rest is details. After all the planning to have everything perfect it may still rain and any of us could be stuck indoors completely changing out thoughts of what it will be. I would suggest just pinning down anything you can agree to now, but definitely addressing the issue and showing the emails prior to paying in full when you meet with Cecilia.

On a different note, does any one have pictures of the centerpieces that are included in the ultimate wedding package? I am debating upgrading, but am unsure of what the standard looks like. I JUST emailed Cecilia with other questions so don't want to harass her again just yet. ANYONE having used just the standard flowers for everything please post!!

Thank you! This really helps calm me down. We have reserved the Oceana Terrace for our reception. Cecilia told me that there are times when other areas open up and people cancel or change their minds, so it might work out anyway. Like you said, what matters is who is there, so I am going to just go with it. After all, going with DW option, I knew I wasn't going to be able to control every aspect of the wedding haha. :)

Hello Everyone!

I had no idea that my dream vacation to Secrets Maroma Beach was going to turn into my wedding until a few days ago!  I'm getting married to the love of my life(after 15 years) on the afternoon of November 7, 2013. I have already been in contact with Valeria and she has been quite attentive already. I have sent the questionnaire back and we will see what I get to do. I just want an ocean view! We just told our families, but we think our audience will be 10 or less.

I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions, but right now I'm trying to figure out a budget so I'm wondering what extras are really worth it. And as far as ceremony set up goes, is it worth it to bring some things yourself such as gazebo linens and chair ties, etc. Thank you in advance.

Thank you! This really helps calm me down. We have reserved the Oceana Terrace for our reception. Cecilia told me that there are times when other areas open up and people cancel or change their minds, so it might work out anyway. Like you said, what matters is who is there, so I am going to just go with it. After all, going with DW option, I knew I wasn't going to be able to control every aspect of the wedding haha. :)

I'm so glad that you got it reserved!!!  I'm sure that anywhere on the resort will be beautiful!!!  Congrats a big check off your to do list!! :-)

Hello Everyone!

I thought I had posted this the other day, but it doesn't seem to have ever showed up so here I am again!

First off, thank you ladies for everything you have posted.  This has made me feel better about my decision.  I have been with my future husband 15 years already, we met when we were kids, so coming to SMB Nov 3-10 was my Annivresary gift.  I had no idea until last week that our luxury vacation was going to turn into my wedding!  Nov 7, 2013 is the big day!  Just a little more than three months away!  I thought it was a blessing that SMB was going to be able to take us!  I thought I might have to find a different place in Playa!  Valeria has done a pretty good job as far as correspondence goes. I'll admit I am now concerned that she hasn't gotten back to me since I filled out the questionnaire and I only have my spot reserved until Friday.  I 

My wedding party is going to be really small, maybe even just the two of us, but my instincts tell me it could be up to 10 people.  So my idea is to just have a small reception/dinner at one of the restaurants so I was hoping to get a few of my other questions and concerns out of the way so I can plan accordingly, I can't believe I will be there in about 100 days!  Time is already starting to fly by!

1.  Are there any restaurants that have a good view of the ocean?  According to the map Oceana perhaps?

2.  I'm concerned that there won't be anyone qualified to do my hair which I will definitely need.  I am half African American and I have type 4 curly hair that I may want to have flat ironed for the evening.   If no one is qualified or comfortable doing my kind of hair, is there a salon in Playa that can?

3.  I am still waiting on Valeria to let me know what ceremony venues are available as well during my time slot.  If the beach isn't available, what do you ladies feel are the next best options.  I think this will determine my shoe purchase as well.

I know I will have a lot more questions as time goes on so I thank you all in advance for any advice you may offer.

Best,

Melissa