K3Nelson, thank you so much for your review, you had the same fantastic experience that I had one year ago. I got married may 15, 2012.  I had the same photographers and they worked very well. I prefere Juan collaborators then Adventura but it's only my opinion. Have you been in the old mansion to take pictures? Can you post some shots, I would like very much see your wedding canopy, the ceremony, dinner and of course your wedding dress!!

Originally Posted by ashleykae View Post

Hi ladies! My fiance and I just got back from a trip in the Riviera Maya and had a meeting with a wedding coordinator at Secrets Maroma. We absolutely fell in love with the resort and are REALLY thinking this could be the one to host our wedding!! I am curious if anyone could recommend a travel agent for me to contact ?? I would love to work with a travel agent that has helped brides in the past with booking at Secrets Maroma! Thank you so much! :)

I have booked the room by otel.com web site where one year ago I have found best price but it depends if you will have a lot of guests.

In this case travel agent would be the best option.

Happy planning!

Originally Posted by ldigliani View Post

Hello all!! I've been on this website for days now reading and pouring over all the posts on this thread. My fiancé and I are getting married at SMB on May 17th, 2014 and right now it feels sooooo far away!! We've confirmed the date with Cecilia (after some contact issues, thank goodness for travel agent persuasion) and now I'm left with the uncomfortable decision of hounding Cecilia for details early on or sitting back and contacting her beginning of next year. Seems as though the common view is that things will start coming together the few months prior to the wedding. I guess my perfectionist trait is not enjoying sitting twiddling my thumbs until then. Haha. Anyone suggest any specifics be ironed out now as opposed to in a few months? I have already requested the beach for ceremony and cocktail hour, as well as the gazebo terrace for the dinner. Do I have to print, sign, and email her back each time she updates the contract? Everyone's wedding looks so beautiful. I am counting down the days with far too much anticipation!!

I suggest you to fix as soon as possible place and time for ceremony and dinner.

In the same day it could be more then one wedding so it's important book as soon as possibile the location and the time of the wedding.

For all the others details you have a lot of time!!

Happy planning!

Originally Posted by beachbride2013 View Post

I tried to email her an updated contract every time I made changes. However, the most important thing is location, date, and times. After that, pretty much anything can be changed and updated to fix your needs. We even changed our guest count the day of the wedding when we found out we would have an extra person coming.

Hi dear,

how did you pass your first anniversary?

Did you came back to SMB?

Congratulations and Thank You K3Nelson for the fabulous review!!  It is so nice to be reminded that all of this planning will turn out fabulously!

You said that you planned a bonfire, I was wondering what time you (or other past brides) started it.  I am working on schedule and invitation wording.  Also, for any other brides that were able to go through with the bonfire, what the light from the fire enough or did you need additional lighting?

Thanks!!!

Has anyone skipped on cocktail hour? It feels kind of excessive to have to pay for alcohol at an AI, so I'm debating just dropping the cocktail hour all together. Not sure if that's ok? I mean I am in no way traditional, so I'm not really following proper wedding rules and etiquette as it is...lol

Originally Posted by lorcas View Post

Has anyone skipped on cocktail hour? It feels kind of excessive to have to pay for alcohol at an AI, so I'm debating just dropping the cocktail hour all together. Not sure if that's ok? I mean I am in no way traditional, so I'm not really following proper wedding rules and etiquette as it is...lol

In my experience, cocktail hour is a nice moment where yout guests can stay toghether when you are taking some pictures.

We have been in the old mansion after the ceremony so my guests spent one hour chatting togheter before the receipt.

Originally Posted by un4gitabl View Post

Congratulations and Thank You K3Nelson for the fabulous review!!  It is so nice to be reminded that all of this planning will turn out fabulously!

You said that you planned a bonfire, I was wondering what time you (or other past brides) started it.  I am working on schedule and invitation wording.  Also, for any other brides that were able to go through with the bonfire, what the light from the fire enough or did you need additional lighting?

Thanks!!!

We held our bonfire the night before the wedding for all of our guests. It was from 8-10 on the beach. The lighting was provided and included in the cost! We only paid for the basic cost, an open bar on the beach, and the sound system, which we ran my ipod through! I included the information about the event on the 'travel brochure' that was sent to all guests who had booked, about a month before the event. I called it the 'welcome bonfire', as it was the first event to formally include everyone!!

It was alot of fun, and totally worth it :)!

Originally Posted by CriCri View Post

I had only 10 guests (included us), at the beginning I thought not having the private reception but at the end I decided to have the complete packet with cocktail, reception, mariachi, pictures and video.

It's the best decision I have taken regarding the wedding, believe me!

In case you don't want any items included in the packet, you can ask to change for others you need. For example I have exchanged the massages for the hair style and make up trial, I have changed the boutoniere and mini-bouquet for canopy flowers decorations....

You have the possibility to adjust the packet for the service that you prefere!

Hello, CriCri

Thanks for your help. I also had some other questions. What package did you get the Ultimate or Love ? I have contacted Maya Floral but I'm a little confused and how it works. For example the bouquet comes included in the package but do you have a limit on the amount or you could pick whichever one.  Also, is there an extra charge for the sand ceremony? If you don't mind me asking what are the extra items/decorations you paid for.