Originally Posted by msop04 View Post

I have a question for the ladies that have already been married at SMB...

We are having our reception at the Gazebo Terrace, and I am worried about light.  I have seen the one sad little lamp that is shown in the photo of what is included, but is that going to be enough?  I didn't see ANY light in the gazebo -- what do they normally use to light inside it??...  Since that is the focal point, is it necessary to shell out $350 for 10 lamps or do you think it would be nice to have a lot of candles/votives?  

We will only be having 15 people (including the Bride & Groom), so I am trying to keep costs down.  However, I will gladly spend the money if need be...  Does anyone have any photos of this area?  Also, we are getting married on March 15, 2013 at 3-4 pm -- so I am thinking the dinner reception will start around 6-7 pm.  Since we are having a big reception in the States once we return, we have chosen to keep the SMB reception to more "intimate dinner" feel -- I don't see any dancing happening...  LOL   

That being said, what do you all think about having one long table for our dinner, as opposed to 2-3 small round tables?  Is the Gazebo large enough for us to eat inside it or should it be used to house the cake??  LOL  ...I'm so confused!  I want to take full advantage of our space.  :)

We have chosen to do a "Welcome Bonfire" on the beach -- besides the actual setup, what is included??  We do not want any food, but what drinks are included, if any?  Music?

We are using the Sound System at the resort for our ceremony, but I think $720 is RIDICULOUS to pay for music for the bonfire and the dinner reception (2 hours each)...   Any ideas??  I'm willing to buy something and take it down there IF it will be loud enough...  Who has done this?  Were you glad you used your own?? 

Did anyone upgrade to Tiffany chairs?  What color would look best on the beach? ...we are not doing chair covers, so I thought that would look nice...

Regarding the new beach ceremony setup, has anyone done something other than the two white cloth panel that hang in the front?  I am interested in a little draping...  photos?

I feel like this wedding is getting sooo expensive...  but I still want it to be very nice!!  Sorry for so many question, but any advice is greatly appreciated!!

THANKS!!!  :)

Hi there,  I can answer a few of your questions...

From what I've read there isn't a ton of lighting at the gazebo and people usually add some more lighting.  Candles would look beautiful but you may have to look into battery operated ones (that's what I'm doing) because of the wind.  

I think you should do one long table for your group.  I personally love that look.  The gazebo will be too small (I think) to sit 15.  Best to leave it for the cake cutting.

We are having our reception at the Gazebo Terrace, and I am worried about light.  I have seen the one sad little lamp that is shown in the photo of what is included, but is that going to be enough?  I didn't see ANY light in the gazebo -- what do they normally use to light inside it??...  Since that is the focal point, is it necessary to shell out $350 for 10 lamps or do you think it would be nice to have a lot of candles/votives?  I don't have any photos of the gazebo but the lighting that is provided is plenty. If you decide to do the lanterns, it is more for ambiance/decor than actual light to see. You can always bring candles/votives and that would look nice regardless.

We will only be having 15 people (including the Bride & Groom), so I am trying to keep costs down.  However, I will gladly spend the money if need be...  Does anyone have any photos of this area?  Also, we are getting married on March 15, 2013 at 3-4 pm -- so I am thinking the dinner reception will start around 6-7 pm.  Since we are having a big reception in the States once we return, we have chosen to keep the SMB reception to more "intimate dinner" feel -- I don't see any dancing happening...  LOL   We also had our ceremony at 3pm. We did the ceremony from 3-4, cocktail hour from 5-6 (guests just hung out and had cocktails at the bar and did photos with us during the 4-5 hour and nobody had a problem with it). We did our dinner and reception from 6-10(we decided to add DJ and reception time).

That being said, what do you all think about having one long table for our dinner, as opposed to 2-3 small round tables?  Is the Gazebo large enough for us to eat inside it or should it be used to house the cake??  LOL  ...I'm so confused!  I want to take full advantage of our space.  :) The way I have seen it set up is that the tables, regardless of long or round, were set up outside the gazebo and inside is used for dancing. I know you said there will be no dancing, but are you having a DJ or doing a first dance or anything? When you get to the resort they will suggest the best way to set it up.

We have chosen to do a "Welcome Bonfire" on the beach -- besides the actual setup, what is included??  We do not want any food, but what drinks are included, if any?  Music? There will be cocktail tables, some lanterns on the tables, and beach chairs provided. We had a full bar set up which included a full bar. We brought our own music on an ipod dock but it was pointless. There was a wedding reception going on at the gazebo and their music drowned out ours. It wasn't really needed anyway. I believe for the bar set up, there is a charge per person. I thought I remembered it being $10 or something.

We are using the Sound System at the resort for our ceremony, but I think $720 is RIDICULOUS to pay for music for the bonfire and the dinner reception (2 hours each)...   Any ideas??  I'm willing to buy something and take it down there IF it will be loud enough...  Who has done this?  Were you glad you used your own?? we used the resort sound system for the ceremony and personally I would recommend it unless you have a sound person who knows what they are doing and a very loud sound system. There is no way to know how loud the waves will be that day. Keep in mind that the resort will play your songs and silence it when it's appropriate, change the songs at the right times, and play the music for you at the very end of the ceremony. It's pricey but I thought the cost was worth it.

Did anyone upgrade to Tiffany chairs?  What color would look best on the beach? ...we are not doing chair covers, so I thought that would look nice...

Regarding the new beach ceremony setup, has anyone done something other than the two white cloth panel that hang in the front?  I am interested in a little draping...  photos? Cri had a beautiful set up. If you go through the other pages on this board you will see a lot of different photos of canopy set ups using flowers and different colors of draping.

I feel like this wedding is getting sooo expensive...  but I still want it to be very nice!!  Sorry for so many question, but any advice is greatly appreciated!! If you did the absolute basic of everything at this resort it will still be nice. The place is amazing, the service is amazing and it really is just beautiful.

We are having our reception at the Gazebo Terrace, and I am worried about light.  I have seen the one sad little lamp that is shown in the photo of what is included, but is that going to be enough?  I didn't see ANY light in the gazebo -- what do they normally use to light inside it??...  Since that is the focal point, is it necessary to shell out $350 for 10 lamps or do you think it would be nice to have a lot of candles/votives?    

That being said, what do you all think about having one long table for our dinner, as opposed to 2-3 small round tables?  Is the Gazebo large enough for us to eat inside it or should it be used to house the cake??  LOL  ...I'm so confused!  I want to take full advantage of our space.  :)

I am leaving 2 weeks from today!

I had the same question about the tables for dinner. I am having 11 or 13 people (you would think I'd have an exact # by now right?)

I think I want to dance inside the gazebo but still not sure if it will happen or not. But since you are not going to have dancing it doesn't matter.

Cecilia told me the the max they can sit at a round table will be 11 or they can put square tables together to look like a rectangle so everyone can sit at one. The gazebo has more than enough room for the dinner, but not dinner AND dancing. She also told me if I chose 1 round table and ate inside the gazebo they could move the table out for dancing. But if I had the rectangle tables they could not move them. So even though I really want to eat inside the gazebo it looks like that will not happen since we want to dance.

I don't know the prices but I saw pictures of some pretty colored lights inside the gazebo. I think Cecilia called them lighted curtains. It looked beautiful.

Originally Posted by Jen Eeson View Post

Hi there,  I can answer a few of your questions...

From what I've read there isn't a ton of lighting at the gazebo and people usually add some more lighting.  Candles would look beautiful but you may have to look into battery operated ones (that's what I'm doing) because of the wind.  

I think you should do one long table for your group.  I personally love that look.  The gazebo will be too small (I think) to sit 15.  Best to leave it for the cake cutting.

Thanks Jen!  The battery operated candles are a wonderful idea!!  What kind are you using & do you have a link for them?  :)

Originally Posted by beachbride2013 View Post

Thanks for all the advice beachbride!!  We are not going to do a DJ because we are doing a huge reception back home, where we will have a Motown Band...  We just can't justify the money for so few ppl (only parents and family...)  I appreciate your honesty regarding the Sound System - we will use it for the ceremony and for the dinner reception.  :)

Originally Posted by newloves1975 View Post

I am leaving 2 weeks from today!

I had the same question about the tables for dinner. I am having 11 or 13 people (you would think I'd have an exact # by now right?)

I think I want to dance inside the gazebo but still not sure if it will happen or not. But since you are not going to have dancing it doesn't matter.

Cecilia told me the the max they can sit at a round table will be 11 or they can put square tables together to look like a rectangle so everyone can sit at one. The gazebo has more than enough room for the dinner, but not dinner AND dancing. She also told me if I chose 1 round table and ate inside the gazebo they could move the table out for dancing. But if I had the rectangle tables they could not move them. So even though I really want to eat inside the gazebo it looks like that will not happen since we want to dance.

I don't know the prices but I saw pictures of some pretty colored lights inside the gazebo. I think Cecilia called them lighted curtains. It looked beautiful.

Hey newloves!! It sounds like we have almost the same number of guests!  We are not against dancing, but it would be weird if no one did -- guess we could leave the Gazebo open, should any dancing ensue... HA!!  

Thanks for the "lighted curtain" info -- that sounds perfect!  I just sent an email to Cecilia asking about it...  Would you please post a link to the photos or email them to me??  My address is msop04@aol.com   :)

THANKS AGAIN!!

Thanks so all the ladies who helped answer my questions...

I did get a price quote back from Cecilia on some uplighting in the Gazebo for anyone who might be considering it... $450.   stupid.gif

Another question...

How long does the actual dinner last at the reception?  I am trying to figure out how much I'm going to have to spend on the Sound System -- at $180/hr, I'm torn between 2 and 3 hours...  If the dinner takes a long time (like an hour or more, I'm afraid I may have to do 3 hours...)

Any suggestions??  

Thanks so all the ladies who helped answer my questions...

I did get a price quote back from Cecilia on some uplighting in the Gazebo for anyone who might be considering it... $450.   stupid.gif

Another question...

How long does the actual dinner last at the reception?  I am trying to figure out how much I'm going to have to spend on the Sound System -- at $180/hr, I'm torn between 2 and 3 hours...  If the dinner takes a long time (like an hour or more, I'm afraid I may have to do 3 hours...)

Any suggestions??  

Thanks *to* all the ladies, that is...  cheesy.gif

Originally Posted by sillygirl702 View Post

Ladies,

For those of you who used spa services, did you do a mani/pedi the day of?  I arrive 2 days prior to the big day & was debating whether or not to have that done before leaving or not.  Do they do a good job at the spa?  & what was the cost?

I didn't have mani/piedi at the resort, I preferred do at home but I can tell you the price:

Basic manicure 25 min 35$

Spa manicure 50 min 59$

Basic pedicure 25 min 35$

Spa pedicure 50 min 69$

French polish 15$

Polish change 29$

You as a bride will have 15% discount

I had the reception dinner under the gazebo and the light has been perfect without any extra cost.

I had some candels on the table but the wind didn't allow to light on.

We will only be having 15 people (including the Bride & Groom), so I am trying to keep costs down.  However, I will gladly spend the money if need be...  Does anyone have any photos of this area?  Also, we are getting married on March 15, 2013 at 3-4 pm -- so I am thinking the dinner reception will start around 6-7 pm.  Since we are having a big reception in the States once we return, we have chosen to keep the SMB reception to more "intimate dinner" feel -- I don't see any dancing happening...  LOL   

Write me a personal message and I will show you some pictures

The gazebo is big enough to contain a big round table (10-11 people) plus 2 small tables for the cake and the the drinks

We have chosen to do a "Welcome Bonfire" on the beach -- besides the actual setup, what is included??  We do not want any food, but what drinks are included, if any?  Music?

We are using the Sound System at the resort for our ceremony, but I think $720 is RIDICULOUS to pay for music for the bonfire and the dinner reception (2 hours each)...   Any ideas??  I'm willing to buy something and take it down there IF it will be loud enough...  Who has done this?  Were you glad you used your own?? 

We decided to have Mariachi for the dinner and sound system only for the ceremony. Mariachis for the dinner are spctacular if you have a small wedding (we were in 10)

I covered the chairs so I can't help you

Regarding the new beach ceremony setup, has anyone done something other than the two white cloth panel that hang in the front?  I am interested in a little draping...  photos?

If you check in this section of the forum  there are some messages with my canopy set up, I added fabrics and flowers. For the aisle I have taken petals and arrangments for the sides.

I feel like this wedding is getting sooo expensive...  but I still want it to be very nice!!  Sorry for so many question, but any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Happy planning :-)