Originally Posted by brideRN View Post

Hi ladies! Our wedding is coming up - October 20!!!! Just a few questions..

CONGRATS, your date is ALMOST HERE!!!!

-for those doing the ceremony on the beach - what setup are you using? any special decorations?

we are doing a white acrylic four poster covering rather than the standard chuppah, white a white wooden aisle (my mom is handicapped and needs it to walk down)

-are you making a seating chart for your guests? we have around 35 people. How many people per table are you doing?

I am planning to do a seating chart, we are having close to 50 guests. I am thinking 8 per table!

-are you planning on printing copies of your menu to take to place at the tables?

This is one thing I decided against doing. Due to the amount of people, it is a buffet style, and the selections will be indicated as they serve themselves.

-what kind of things are you putting in the OOT bags? where are you buying them?

This was my favorite part. please feel free to email me privately any further questions about where I got what, or for a photo. lauragoldstein24@hotmail.com

logo printed bags, logo printed white mugs (with tops to keep the sand and bugs out), logo printed black koozies, starfish bottle openers (I read about some people not having a way to open the Coronas from their mini bar in their fridge), white hard case boxes (for money, room key, and phone), mini first aid kits, hand sanitizer w/ holders, chapsticks, tums, advil, emergen-c, alka seltzer, altoids, a personalized word find and puzzle I made on rack cards from Vistaprint, a personalized "do not disturb" door hanger I made on rack cards from Vistaprint, a Welcome letter and itinerary also made on rack cards from vistaprint

I still am looking for both insect repellent (hopefully wipes) and sunscreen (spf 50 and above) for the bags, if anyone has any suggestions please :)

-we are looking to buy maracas to put on the tables - any ideas on affordable options??

my colors are a little unique and untraditional for a beach wedding (persian plum, silver, grey, and ivory). SO, as much as I loved the ones I see from amols that everyone else used, I didnt want the colors to interrupt our theme. I found someone to make them each personalized with our colors, but it was ridiculous expensive for something that may be thrown away. I finally found (after requesting samples from MANY websites) black and white plastic maracas, and they LIGHT UP in the dark (battery operated). They are border line cheesy, but they stayed within our color theme, were much less expensive, my fiance LOVED them, and I think they will look really cool once the sun sets during our reception.

Thanks!!! : )

Originally Posted by KCDawn View Post

Leaving tomorrow morning!!!   Thank you ladies for all of your help!  

I cant believe your leaving already!!!!! I am sure you will have an amazing trip! I cant wait to see your photos and hear your details :)! CONGRATS!

Originally Posted by KCDawn View Post

Leaving tomorrow morning!!!   Thank you ladies for all of your help!  

Enjoy your wedding!!!!

We are wainting here for your news.

If you have time, write us a message from the resort, I will think of you in these days, had a good time and enjoy this beautiful moment!

A big hug

Cri

Originally Posted by CriCri View Post

Lola

you are the next one, are you ready??  ;-)

We leave in 30 days!!! I can not believe it. Still a lot of things to do, but everything is ordered and ready to assemble, etc. Just still looking for travel size spf 50 or higher sunscreens for OOT bags. :)

thanks for asking :0)

I have a question for the ladies that have already been married at SMB...

We are having our reception at the Gazebo Terrace, and I am worried about light.  I have seen the one sad little lamp that is shown in the photo of what is included, but is that going to be enough?  I didn't see ANY light in the gazebo -- what do they normally use to light inside it??...  Since that is the focal point, is it necessary to shell out $350 for 10 lamps or do you think it would be nice to have a lot of candles/votives?  

We will only be having 15 people (including the Bride & Groom), so I am trying to keep costs down.  However, I will gladly spend the money if need be...  Does anyone have any photos of this area?  Also, we are getting married on March 15, 2013 at 3-4 pm -- so I am thinking the dinner reception will start around 6-7 pm.  Since we are having a big reception in the States once we return, we have chosen to keep the SMB reception to more "intimate dinner" feel -- I don't see any dancing happening...  LOL   

That being said, what do you all think about having one long table for our dinner, as opposed to 2-3 small round tables?  Is the Gazebo large enough for us to eat inside it or should it be used to house the cake??  LOL  ...I'm so confused!  I want to take full advantage of our space.  :)

We have chosen to do a "Welcome Bonfire" on the beach -- besides the actual setup, what is included??  We do not want any food, but what drinks are included, if any?  Music?

We are using the Sound System at the resort for our ceremony, but I think $720 is RIDICULOUS to pay for music for the bonfire and the dinner reception (2 hours each)...   Any ideas??  I'm willing to buy something and take it down there IF it will be loud enough...  Who has done this?  Were you glad you used your own?? 

Did anyone upgrade to Tiffany chairs?  What color would look best on the beach? ...we are not doing chair covers, so I thought that would look nice...

Regarding the new beach ceremony setup, has anyone done something other than the two white cloth panel that hang in the front?  I am interested in a little draping...  photos?

I feel like this wedding is getting sooo expensive...  but I still want it to be very nice!!  Sorry for so many question, but any advice is greatly appreciated!!

THANKS!!!  :)