Originally Posted by LolaTX View Post

I LOVE this look too . . I was actually looking at bringing my own hanging curtain of crystals  . .find them on shopwildthings.com fairly inexpensive!!!  Does anyone know what the resort would charge to re-create this?

The idea of the cutain of crystals is very nice but with the new canopy I think you need tons of them.

At the same time you must check the lenght of the curtains because the new canopy is also high.

The situation is different with the floating one, it's smaller and more similar as the pictures. I think Cassie has used the floating canopy, maybe she can show you some pictures.

If you ask to the resort to re-create something similar as the picture,  they for sure will charge it, it's their work and a lot of people have involved in the preparation of the location.

I confirm that the resort can print the menu, it's very basic.

The cost is 3$ each.

I think it looks like this one:

examlpe menu.jpg

I have printed my menus with a normal printer and buying a glazed paper, using a maritime background and adding some adhesive crystals.

I have used the same style/paper/background for ceremony welcome program and for maracas.

Originally Posted by msop04 View Post

That's the million dollar question, beachbride...  It's also the major problem/worry/etc...

I can't seem to get any answers as to what is available, so I can book.  It's like, "hello, I want to give you a lot of money now, but you won't seem to let me pay you..."  LOL  

I can't relax until I know what's going on... here's why:

My original date (that I requested anyway) was 2/22/13.  I didn't think this was a problem, as the SMB site showed the entire month of Feb (and all time slots) available.  However, my TA forwarded me an email from Cecilia stating that the site only shows definitive dates - meaning it has been paid for or a deposit has been sent.  So my thing is, if I'm ready to pay for a date for sure, then wouldn't that make mine definitive (therefore overriding all those who have "tentative" dates)?

Frustrated doesn't even begin to describe how I feel -- helpless is more like it.  Our guests will need to book their rooms ASAP and most will have to apply for passports, so they are constantly asking me about a date (since they are the ones who are inconvenienced by not knowing anything... sheesh!)  confused.gif

I know you have to crawl before ya walk, so that's what I'm trying to do... First things first -- A DATE -- but I can't seem to get one (it's been almost 3 weeks and 4 emails since I sent the initial request).  Once I get that in a contract, I can work out the details, but everything is riding on the date.  I can't do invitations, STD, or even tell anyone that's invited because the first thing they ask is, "FINALLY!!  I need to book! ...when's the date?"

Do you kinda see my frustration??  ...or am I just being a crazy bridezilla?  sad.gif

I'm gonna try my best to chill this weekend, but I'm getting aggressive next week.  I need to book and pay/sign a contract in the next two weeks, so I can actually start all the planning. 

When does this get fun?  Does it ever get better??  blink.gif

Well, I CAN see your frustration. I went through a few things like that...trying to figure out what time/date/locations, etc were available. I don't know if it will get better or start being fun for you. I hope it does, but I just don't know. For me it did when I got the contract and was able to start choosing the menu, the songs, the OOT bags, etc. I hope you have a good experience....but I would def try to get in touch with her. I would email her now and let her know that you are getting frustrated and that you really want to set your date/time/location and pay your deposit.

Originally Posted by KCDawn View Post

Did you happen to get an answer on this yet? 

She asked if we did a group booking, which we did not. I am using a TA and they are all booking indivdually through him (or whatever sites offer the best deals). She told me she would look into it further as the date gets closer and I have a total number of rooms booked. So far I think I have about 10 rooms booked . . .SO, it certainly looks hopeful :)

I did request building 27 . .  I mean, I AM PAYING over 8K for the room for 11 nights in the honeymoon suite . .the least she could do is gurantee the bride the building of her choice. However, she responded she would note request, but not guarantee it. Makes me kinda upset at the response.  .  . . Especially since we have already had many rooms booked, and I am certain to double the amount to book soon!

Originally Posted by CriCri View Post

The idea of the cutain of crystals is very nice but with the new canopy I think you need tons of them.

At the same time you must check the lenght of the curtains because the new canopy is also high.

The situation is different with the floating one, it's smaller and more similar as the pictures. I think Cassie has used the floating canopy, maybe she can show you some pictures.

If you ask to the resort to re-create something similar as the picture,  they for sure will charge it, it's their work and a lot of people have involved in the preparation of the location.

I plan to use the smaller canopy . . my mom has a handicap and walking on the sand will be difficult, so I have heard the smaller canopy is a shorter distance to actually walk on the beach.  SO, Im hoping to use the crystals on that one :)! I origianlly wanted to hang a chandelier of crystals in the center, but it doesnt appear to have a ceiling to hang it from

I plan to use the smaller canopy . . my mom has a handicap and walking on the sand will be difficult, so I have heard the smaller canopy is a shorter distance to actually walk on the beach.  SO, Im hoping to use the crystals on that one :)! I origianlly wanted to hang a chandelier of crystals in the center, but it doesnt appear to have a ceiling to hang it from

17.jpg

She asked if we did a group booking, which we did not. I am using a TA and they are all booking indivdually through him (or whatever sites offer the best deals). She told me she would look into it further as the date gets closer and I have a total number of rooms booked. So far I think I have about 10 rooms booked . . .SO, it certainly looks hopeful :)

I did request building 27 . .  I mean, I AM PAYING over 8K for the room for 11 nights in the honeymoon suite . .the least she could do is gurantee the bride the building of her choice. However, she responded she would note request, but not guarantee it. Makes me kinda upset at the response.  .  . . Especially since we have already had many rooms booked, and I am certain to double the amount to book soon!

I figured it was something that would have to be addressed closer to the trip.  We have about the same number of rooms booked so far.  We didn't do the group booking either.  Hopefully they'll do something since we're bringing so many people there.  I'm jealous you got the honeymoon suite!  That will be amazing!!  We did splurge and get the Preferred Club Swimout.  Now that we're only 3 months away, I'm starting to get pretty excited!   

17.jpg

Lola, are you sure that the smaller canopy is the nearest ?

I have seen the small canopy (it's floating) and it was positioned on the right side of the new one ... but the path was near  the old and not the small one...

Did the wedding coordinator tell you that they will put it near the path?

Speaking of menus, for those of you who printed menus at secrets.  Does anyone know if they have word installed on their PC that is available?  By the way, thank you for mentioning it only prints in B&W.  Did anyone do a tasting?  Menu suggestions?  How was the surf & Turf?  Thai grouper?

I confirm that the resort can print the menu, it's very basic.

The cost is 3$ each.

I think it looks like this one:

examlpe menu.jpg

I have printed my menus with a normal printer and buying a glazed paper, using a maritime background and adding some adhesive crystals.

I have used the same style/paper/background for ceremony welcome program and for maracas.

Thanks Cri Cri, gorgeous by the way!  I think I am having my maracas given out during the ceremony so people can shake at our "first kiss".  I think to simplify I will have Valeria put one on each chair. Please PM a few more set ups if you think of it.  I don't know how to return the favor yet for all the info you have helped me with, but hopefully I'll think of something.  Hey was that your wedding dinner above?  The picture of the salad and  Did you use the resort florist or outside vendor?

Quote:

Here you can find my canopy and maracas set up. I have collected a lot of other canopies set up, let me know how I can send you the pictures... I don't know if I can put all of them here ...

Canopy set up.jpgMaracas.jpg

Pictures by Tony Ruesc and Alex Mel