Originally Posted by msop04 View Post

LolaTx, my wedding is "tentatively" scheduled for 2-22-13 (tentative, because I Cecelia has YET to email me back... ugh!)  Oh well, guess I'll just book, then get a contract drawn up, as CriCri suggested.  Thanks SO MUCH for giving me the name of your TA -- the least expensive trip I could find for 3 nights was $2800-3000 for the couple, so that would be a dream come true if he could find something... and I can almost guarantee ALL of my guests would book through him, should he be able to help us out!!  Don't worry, I will let him know you referred me with a glowing review!!  :) :) :)  

BTW, by double room, do you mean a room with double beds, to be shared by 2 ppl, or...??  

The quotes I found were on Expedia.com, for 2 adults/3 nights in the lowest level room -- of course that included taxes, fees, airfare, and the whole bit.  Even so, your TA's quote was way less... 1-pray.gif   North Carolina, huh?  That's cool, I live in Birmingham, AL, but I'm originally from southeast TN (and that is where my family still lives), so maybe your TA really can find something for us -- AND FOUR NIGHTS WOULD BE EVEN BETTER!!  wink.gif  

I really appreciate you and this board -- once again, THANK YOU!!!

P.S.  I couldn't get the site to come up for Gosecrets.com, but I Googled his name and found A Way To Go Travel Agency out of NC... let me know if this is the same.  :)

YES, away to go travel is him also. His prices may be different for travel in February as compared to October . .  but Im sure his is definitely very competitive. When I said 'double', i meant two people per room, so each person would have to pay that amount. For example, a couple would pay $579 for the wife, and $579 for the husband to room together (king bed) for 3 nights all inclusive. Hope that explains it better. :)

Feel free to private message me any further questions about the TA!

Originally Posted by nicc80 View Post

Thans beach bride. Would you ladies have everyone outside or inside the gazebo for your first dance if your reception is in the gazebo?

I am scheduled for our reception at the gazebo, and was originally intending for the dancing inside the gazebo. I spoke to another recent bride who did the same thing, and she said that with the lights that the DJ provides, coupled with the general heat from the location, made it very hot inside the gazebo for dancing. That being said, I am going to request the dance area to be set up outside of the gazebo. Last thing I need is to be a sweaty mess in my heavy dress :)!  However, they did say there was plenty of room inside the gazebo to dance though!  Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by dsr322 View Post

Can we get spa credit if me we opt not to use the massges that come with the ultimate package?

I'm sure they will.  You get your choice of a couples massage, body scrub or facial with the Ultimate Package.  If you don't want any of those I'm sure they'll give you credit.  I'm really looking forward to that part though!

Ok ladies, I feel like I am so behind on the whole wedding! With Cecilia handling almost everything you would think that I could manage the simple things...like ordering the invitations!

I haven't ordered them yet, well actually I am planning on a semi DIY, I ordered the pocket folds and that's as far as I got!

I need some advise/help on the accommodation card. As some of you may know I am totally stressed out that the price has gone up so much since I have decided on the resort.

What exactly should I put on the accommodation card? TA info of course! But do you think I should put a quote or something cute about Secrets being one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, or a Luxury resort & that's why we chose it...etc? Should I even suggest nearby resort (that may be less expensive)? How do I get people to realize that you get what you pay for? You can take a Vacation to Mexico really cheap, but this resort is well worth the money. (Or so I have heard)!

I am just so nervous about the prices and that people will cringe, have sticker shock and not go!

Originally Posted by newloves1975 View Post

Ok ladies, I feel like I am so behind on the whole wedding! With Cecilia handling almost everything you would think that I could manage the simple things...like ordering the invitations!

I haven't ordered them yet, well actually I am planning on a semi DIY, I ordered the pocket folds and that's as far as I got!

I need some advise/help on the accommodation card. As some of you may know I am totally stressed out that the price has gone up so much since I have decided on the resort.

What exactly should I put on the accommodation card? TA info of course! But do you think I should put a quote or something cute about Secrets being one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, or a Luxury resort & that's why we chose it...etc? Should I even suggest nearby resort (that may be less expensive)? How do I get people to realize that you get what you pay for? You can take a Vacation to Mexico really cheap, but this resort is well worth the money. (Or so I have heard)!

I am just so nervous about the prices and that people will cringe, have sticker shock and not go!

Hi newloves. Did you give the people that you are inviting any sort of idea about the cost?

If you really want people to stay at the resort, I would only list the resort. I never mentioned other hotels to any guests and only 2 stayed outside of the resort. One everyone was there, they all knew it was worth the cost.I believe that the accommodation cards should only have the name/address of hotel and that a room rate has been reserved and what to do it they want to take advantage.

You may want to make a wedding website where you can put additional info about the resort and give people options for booking. What we did: suggested a few TA's that people could use and suggested payment plans (a few guests did this). We also listed the top 3 travel sites that we found the lowest rates for people to use (cheaptickets.com, orbitz.com, apple.com). If you do the website, you can put the info. I would fists put it out there. If someone starts freaking out, then maybe suggest that they stay at another resort if they wish. You may find that most will just book and won't really freak. I was surprised by this myself. Everyone who was invited showed up and stayed at the resort.

Originally Posted by newloves1975 View Post

I am still working on our invitations but here is what I have so far for the accommodations page. 

Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, a AAA Four Diamond Resort, is tucked away on secluded Maroma Beach, voted the Worldâ€s Best Beach by the Travel Channel four years in a row.

(Three stock pictures of the beach and pool area from the Secrets website inserted here)

Featuring six gourmet restaurants, a buffet, and seven bars and lounges, this all-inclusive, adults only resort is located only 20 miles south of Cancunâ€s International Airport.  Enjoy nightly entertainment, water sports, golf and 24-hour room service.

I took the first section directly from the resort info I found on SMB's website.  The last part is a paraphrased version of something from the same place.  The TA information is on the opposite page (I'm doing passport invites).  On that page I'm adding a note about the $100 fee for a daily pass if they stay somewhere else.   I think it's important to let people know that.  I wouldn't suggest people stay elsewhere.  If you do that I think people will definitely start comparing rates and complain about the prices. 

Thanks! I already have a wedding website with a bunch of info. I don't know if people are actually looking at it or not. Right after I sent out the save the dates my travel agent mailed travel info to everyone with a quote that was good for about a month (I think). No one took advantage to the lower price except for my parents and siblings. TA never mailed out the new quote once the price went up. She also will price match so if a guest finds a cheaper price on any site she will match it. Did you use a TA? My problem is I can't lock in a price unless I block off rooms, I can't fill 10 rooms so that isn't an option.

Hi newloves. Did you give the people that you are inviting any sort of idea about the cost? If you really want people to stay at the resort, I would only list the resort. I never mentioned other hotels to any guests and only 2 stayed outside of the resort. One everyone was there, they all knew it was worth the cost.I believe that the accommodation cards should only have the name/address of hotel and that a room rate has been reserved and what to do it they want to take advantage. You may want to make a wedding website where you can put additional info about the resort and give people options for booking. What we did: suggested a few TA's that people could use and suggested payment plans (a few guests did this). We also listed the top 3 travel sites that we found the lowest rates for people to use (cheaptickets.com, orbitz.com, apple.com). If you do the website, you can put the info. I would fists put it out there. If someone starts freaking out, then maybe suggest that they stay at another resort if they wish. You may find that most will just book and won't really freak. I was surprised by this myself. Everyone who was invited showed up and stayed at the resort.

I might just have to copy that and use it on my invites! I wanted to make passport invite so bad but last min I switched to pocket folds. I just didn't think I would have enough time to make the passport ones. Even though my mom isn't helping me financially she flipped when I put something about the $100 fee on the website. I had to change it and just state that a day pass is required. She would totally lose it if I wrote that on the invites. But if it was up to me I would!

I am still working on our invitations but here is what I have so far for the accommodations page. 

Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, a AAA Four Diamond Resort, is tucked away on secluded Maroma Beach, voted the Worldâ€s Best Beach by the Travel Channel four years in a row.

(Three stock pictures of the beach and pool area from the Secrets website inserted here) Featuring six gourmet restaurants, a buffet, and seven bars and lounges, this all-inclusive, adults only resort is located only 20 miles south of Cancunâ€s International Airport.  Enjoy nightly entertainment, water sports, golf and 24-hour room service. I took the first section directly from the resort info I found on SMB's website.  The last part is a paraphrased version of something from the same place.  The TA information is on the opposite page (I'm doing passport invites).  On that page I'm adding a note about the $100 fee for a daily pass if they stay somewhere else.   I think it's important to let people know that.  I wouldn't suggest people stay elsewhere.  If you do that I think people will definitely start comparing rates and complain about the prices.  .