Originally Posted by nicc80 View Post

Like menus are you ladies planning on going to any trouble with guest menus for reception dinner?

Nicole

Nicole, I have mixed silver and gold menu and I haven't any troubles.

I know that some of my guests don't like fish so I have choosen  a meat menu but I have heard that probably you could have 2 different main courses in case of particolar request...

Originally Posted by CriCri View Post

Nicole, I have mixed silver and gold menu and I haven't any troubles.

I know that some of my guests don't like fish so I have choosen  a meat menu but I have heard that probably you could have 2 different main courses in case of particolar request...

Cri, out of curiosity what menu did you guys end up putting together?  Any suggestions? I was just looking at all the choices yesterday and while I'm sure it's all very good, I have no idea what to pick.  I know someone said you can do a tasting when you get there but I'd really like to have it out of the way before we get there.

Originally Posted by KCDawn View Post

Cri, out of curiosity what menu did you guys end up putting together?  Any suggestions? I was just looking at all the choices yesterday and while I'm sure it's all very good, I have no idea what to pick.  I know someone said you can do a tasting when you get there but I'd really like to have it out of the way before we get there.

Appetizer: 

Traditional Mexican Tapas  (Ok)

Salad:  

Caesar Salad; Traditional Caesar`s Salad served with a delicious homemade Caesarâ€s dressing  (Very good, served in a container done by a thin  fused parmesan cheese)

Soup:  

Mushroom Soup  (It was good but I wouldn't choose again. I would choose Tortilla soup instead.)

Entrée:  

National Beef Fillet served with legumes; accompanied with potatoes sauté in garlic butter and dressed with a sauce of Cabernet Sauvignon sauce with a touch or tomillo.  (Very good meat!)

Dessert:  

Mango Napoleon with crispy puff pastry, served with a sauce of raspberries.  (I love it!)

Wedding cake Tres Leches (Good and soft)

I have heard you can tasting the menu but I have preferred to print the menus at home and not change it.

Originally Posted by dsr322 View Post

Has anyone shipped and favors or decor to secrets maroma? How does it work with shipping to the resort?

hi Dsr. I was originally going to ship 2 boxes to the resort. It says in the wedding guide to ship via fed-ex or ups (can't remember which one) and to allow one month to be sure it clears customs and arrives on time. The address and instructions are in the wedding guide on the website. It was going to cost me a lot to ship the boxes and I was worried about the stuff not making it to the resort, so I decided to pack cardboard boxes and check them with the airline. It was much less expensive.

Hi everyone! Wow, so many of you got married in the last little while. Your photos are so beautiful Ckrn!

For everyone who has people staying outside of the resort... was that out of necessity or because they chose it based on price?

We're getting married at the end of August and nobody on my side has booked yet. So currently it's just people from my fiance's side who are flying in from Australia that have booked rooms/flights. I know some people mentioned that the rooms were sold out by the time people booked. How far in advance was that? I feel like I've exhausted all the prodding I could have done to get people to book (sending spreadsheets with pricing options, links with deals, etc.) so now we're just sitting back and letting them handle it.

I'm just wondering at what point I should start worrying about the resort being sold out?

Thanks for tips!

Hi Kristinalilly! I notice that the resort was sold out of rooms for our dates about 3 1/2 months before our trip. But, I don't know if there is like a big convention or something on our dates because the only time there are no rooms are literally 2 days before and 2 days after! Other than that the entire month still has rooms. I think it was just bad luck :(

Former Brides & Brides to Be:

We are doing a symbolic ceremony. However, I want to write our own ceremony. What has been your experiences with this please? I am Jewish and my fiance is Christian, so we wanted to incorporate a very small portion to represent each of our faiths.  I havent emailed Cecillia yet, but I am really hoping to be able to be in contact with who will be performing our ceremony to discuss this further.

Any advice, or suggestions?

2 weeks to go ladies... and I am litterally forcing myself not to freak out each day about all that I managed NOT to have down... shopping, packing welcome bags etc. bridal party clothing my accessories...

I do have some questions for brides that have already married or are really close

Did you buy special carry cases for your wedding dresses?

Did you print off special menues?  If so, did you now what you were eating ahead of time?

Do you ladies think the bride or Maid need a bag/clutch for reception?  I am thinking no

Thanks for all your help so far!