• 2 weeks later...

Anyone use an external DJ at thier wedding at Secrets Maroma? The hotel's suggested DJ is telling me that if I use an outside DJ the hotel will charge me $350 "insurance" to my room? I've emailed Ceclilia and I'm waiting for a response. So far I feel like this hotel has nickeled and dimed me for everything!

• 2 weeks later...

We are getting married June 7th on the beach. It will be very simple, just us and two other people. We opted for the free ceremony (symbolic). We are using Alex from Juan Navarro as we liked his pictures best of all from that team. We booked for 2 hrs. I still can't get over the prices of everything. I think I will retire and move to that area as a professional photographer. We are bringing an iphone with music for the ceremony and cocktail hour. I've looked over this forum for a few months and feel pretty confident it will go smoothly.

We'll be there June 4th through the 11th. Staying in a Ocean Front preferred. We've been to Riu Palace in Playa last year and loved it so we are pretty sure Secrets will be awesome.

I have a question for those of you that rented the speakers and sound system for your ceremony and/or reception. Who managed/played the music? Does someone at the resort handle playing the music (technician, WC, etc.) or will we need to assign that task to a family member or friend? We are going to use our ipod. 

Hey, I think concerning who manages/plays music, it was probably wayyyy back in the thread where someone mentioned that Cecilia or someone from the wedding team handled that. cheesy.gif I think assigning a person is fine as well but I believe you don't have to.  That's a good question, though, since we are using an ipod as well.

Originally Posted by maromabride View Post

I have a question for those of you that rented the speakers and sound system for your ceremony and/or reception. Who managed/played the music? Does someone at the resort handle playing the music (technician, WC, etc.) or will we need to assign that task to a family member or friend? We are going to use our ipod. 

We did the complimentary photo shoot with Adventure Photo offered on-site and it was sooo worth it.  We got some great pics of us together, and they're pretty much the only ones we have that aren't goofy holding your arm out pictures or of us individually.  Of course, there's no obligation if you don't like them and we liked that you can buy as few or as many as you want.

Hola everyone!!

I just had my wedding at Secrets Maroma this week and it AMAZING!!!!!  It was just perfect.  Better than anything my husband and I (and the guests!) could have ever hoped for!  Everyone was blown away by the resort and left so happy.  A lot of guests even stayed up on the beach on the last night so they could watch the sunrise before they had to left this paradise. :)

I will post pictures and video soon. 

Secrets is the perfect place to get married!!  You will all love it!  Hooray for all Secrets Maroma brides and bride-to-be's! :)

Jenny

Hi Maromabride,

There's a technician who will play the music for you during the ceremony.  The wedding coordinator Cecilia communicates with the technician using a walkie talkie so the timing of the music is perfect.  There's nothing to worry about. :)

We had a DJ for the dinner reception and he controlled all the music fantastically, including playing the few songs that we had given to him beforehand as "must plays". 

Jenny

Thanks for sharing Jenny! Now I'm even more excited.

Originally Posted by jennyyhwang View Post

Hola everyone!!

I just had my wedding at Secrets Maroma this week and it AMAZING!!!!!  It was just perfect.  Better than anything my husband and I (and the guests!) could have ever hoped for!  Everyone was blown away by the resort and left so happy.  A lot of guests even stayed up on the beach on the last night so they could watch the sunrise before they had to left this paradise. :)

I will post pictures and video soon. 

Secrets is the perfect place to get married!!  You will all love it!  Hooray for all Secrets Maroma brides and bride-to-be's! :)

Jenny