Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeRee View Post
I need your opinion ladies. I have a friend who is a photographer and I asked him to be my photographer for our wedding. Now do I need to pay for his hotel and flight plus for his service?? If that is the case, I think I want to use Cecilia Dumas instead. I think a couple people from this thread used her and I like her style as far as I've seen on her website. Even if I bring my friend to shoot our wedding, I am also thinking about meeting with Cecilia Dumas the next day in Isla Mujeres where all the colorful buildings are and take photos there as well. I'm just brainstorming right now, but I was just wondering if I have to pay for the room/flight, then it will be just cheaper to get a local photographer...
Hi ReeRee!
If he is your friend, I would talk to him about the fee and travel expenses. From my experience, when you fly someone in for a service, you would generally pay for their air, hotel and fee - but if he is your friend, maybe u can work something out.
Depending on the local photographer - they may ask for an overnight accomidation too - so you might want to double check that. "Local" doesn't always mean that they live in the area - they could live in mexico city.

Good luck!

We just got back from our weddingmoon/ scheduled elopement at Secrets Maroma Beach. It was truly amazing. We were treated like royalty. The service at the resort was stellar. I plan to post a full review with our teaser shots from Sascha Gluck of Cancun Photos. We LOVED him and can't stop looking at the photos. He and Lars made everything relaxed and easy. I'm happy to answer any questions for SMB brides. If you are worried about getting your hair and nails done, don't be. Blanca did a fabulous job on both for me. I gave her a picture of what I wanted for my hair and she did EXACTLY what I asked for and did in 40 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Hi, for those ladies who have gotten married already, I just sent a deposit for the hair/make up guy, only to find after the fact that when he said that he has no other weddings that day that I misunderstood and infact, he has already booked another one some time ago.

Now my ceremony is at 2 pm, the other lady is on this forum and her ceremony is at 3:30. Mine is at Secrets Maroma and hers is at The Royal, PDC. We are both freaking out, I called him and he had indicated that this Saturday he has 3 and that this is typical. I just don’t know what to do, I thought I would splurge as hair is super important to me and now I am worried its going to be a rush job for multiple of what I would have paid else where.

Yikes this is just too stressful.
I'd ask him exactly how much time he's planning on spending on you to do your hair and makeup and at what time he is coming. If you don't think he has enough time to take care of your needs, you may want to look elsewhere. Also, is he planning on doing a trial run through with you before the wedding? If so, it won't take him as long the day of. (BTW, I'm not married yet--I just do makeup for wedding parties here in the States)