Ooo that stinks - I'm sorry you have had a bad experience. I've had a good experience so far with her. Since we booked, my communication has been limited since I am meeting with her next weekend and there really isn't a lot to talk about 5 months out.

I know when I saw her in March, she said her busiest months were coming up for May-June so maybe she has just been extremely busy with those weddings? She is the only WC but she said since it is so crazy, the resort is giving her 2 assistants to get through the craziness.

When is your wedding date? If it isn't within the coming 2 months, that is probably why she isn't so quick to get back to you. I've heard the bulk of the planning happens the month before even up to 2 days before - so I wouldn't stress if your wedding isn't for a while.

I would try and take a deep breath and relax - everything is going to work out :)

I have a question about the "Honeymoon package" included in the Ultimate package - does anyone know what this consists of?

We are thinking of staying for a few days more after the weddign so I'm thinking we would take advantage of that.

any info is helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccat15 View Post
I have a question about the "Honeymoon package" included in the Ultimate package - does anyone know what this consists of?
We are thinking of staying for a few days more after the weddign so I'm thinking we would take advantage of that.
any info is helpful!
Here is what comes with the honeymoon package. It's straight from the SMB website. If you purchase a wedding package, this is included:
Champagne on arrival
Fresh flowers and exotic fruit platter in room upon arrival
Champagne breakfast in bed the first morning after arrival
Tension Release Massage for two in our couple massage suite (25 minutes)
Choice of either a European Facial or a Salt Glow Scrub body treatment for two (25 minutes)
Private beachfront dinner one evening- upon return from dinner you will find a romantic candlelit bath. (includes a bottle of wine and dinner for two)
Private petit fours each evening at turn down service
Earn Free Nights towards a first anniversary return stay

I don't know if this has changed, or if you have to talk to someone to set this up once you're there, but we didn't get all of the stuff listed above when we were there.

Actually, I asked Cecilia about the honeymoon package that's included & it's not the same as the one on the website. Here's what's included with the complimentary honeymoon package that comes with the wedding packages:

This complimentary package includes:

* Welcome letter

* Fresh fruit

* Bottle of sparkling wine

* Special turn down service

* Champagne breakfast in bed (Reservations must be made in advance with concierge)

* 15% discount on all spa treatments

Thanks ladies!

I spoke to my TA and she said since we are booked in a Preferred Club Ocean View room, we will get the below complimentary:

Champagne on arrival

Fresh flowers and exotic fruit platter in room upon arrival

Champagne breakfast in bed the first morning after arrival

Tension Release Massage for two in our couple massage suite (25 minutes)

Choice of either a European Facial or a Salt Glow Scrub body treatment for two (25 minutes)

Private beachfront dinner one evening- upon return from dinner you will find a romantic candlelit bath. (includes a bottle of wine and dinner for two)

Private petit fours each evening at turn down service

Earn Free Nights towards a first anniversary return stay

if we were to just have booked a regular room, we would have only received the basic package, which i still think is ok since the massages and stuff are also included in our wedding package - can't go wrong either way!!!!

We just decided that instead of leaving the Tuesday after our wedding, we are going to stay until Friday and relax :) yayyy!

I'm going to meet with Cecilia on Saturday morning and here is the list of questions I have for her - maybe you guys can give me some answers before I go:

Welcome Bags

-We are including a bottle of sunscreen – if we ship this before hand, will it get stuck in customs?

-What is the best carrier to use to ship items? Ups, Fed ex or DHL?

Bonfire

Music option

o Can we bring an i-pod docking station?

Getting Ready

-Hair and makeup appointments needed

o When to schedule?

Music for ceremony

- Harpist from lobby?

- Other options?

Reception

•Table #’s – do we need to bring?

Dinner

o Entr̩e options Рwe would like to have 2 options at least to offer our guests Рwhat is the charge for this?

jaccat15,

I would be interested to hear what Cecilia says about your questions. I'm also planning on adding a bottle of sunscreen to our welcome bags--did you order yours in bulk? I believe that you can bring an ipod docking station because I let Cecilia know that that's what we'd be doing for music at the bonfire and she didn't oppose it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlerv View Post
jaccat15,
I would be interested to hear what Cecilia says about your questions. I'm also planning on adding a bottle of sunscreen to our welcome bags--did you order yours in bulk? I believe that you can bring an ipod docking station because I let Cecilia know that that's what we'd be doing for music at the bonfire and she didn't oppose it.
I'm def going to bring the docking station :) thanks!
Yes, we bought 45 bottles and will give one per bag. I have a family friend who works for a retailer so we got them at a nice discount. I'm guessing we can always have each of my family members carry 10 bottles each down with us in the luggage if shipping wont work - I really dont want it to get stuck in customs!

Hi ladies! i just wanted to let you know Cecilia emailed me back with some answers to share:

Welcome Bags

- We are including a bottle of sunscreen – if we ship this before hand, will it get stuck in customs?

- What is the best carrier to use to ship items? Ups, Fed ex or DHL?

Answer: The only things that can get stuck are sea shells and items from nature. It is best to ship FedEX

Bonfire

Music option

o Can we bring an i-pod docking station?

Answer: Yes, and we will provide an extension cord

Getting Ready

- Hair and makeup appointments needed

o When to schedule?

Answer - 1 month before

Music for ceremony

- Harpist from lobby?

- Other options?

Answer - Guitarist, Saxaphonist are also available - all for $550/hour plus 11%tax

Dinner

o Entr̩e options Рwe would like to have 2 options at least to offer our guests Рwhat is the charge for this?

Answer - there is not charge to offer options but Secrets needs the guests choice in advance with table # and seat assignment.

We aren't really liking that for dinner - my parents want to be able to offer our guests a Fish, Chicken or Beef dish. I'm going to try and work on maybe offering a Surf and Turf and Chicken option if I can and speak to Cecilia about it on Saturday.

What is everyone else doing ofr dinner options?