• 2 weeks later...

My fiance and I are trying to decide if we want to go forward with making plans at Secrets Maroma Beach. We've been having a very difficult time getting answers, pictures, pricing info from the Wedding Contact at the hotel. If anyone could please share with me (even by email, etc) pictures of their events, any pricing lists you may have gotten from the resort, etc when you made their plans I would greatly appreciative! thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanenlynn View Post
My fiance and I are trying to decide if we want to go forward with making plans at Secrets Maroma Beach. We've been having a very difficult time getting answers, pictures, pricing info from the Wedding Contact at the hotel. If anyone could please share with me (even by email, etc) pictures of their events, any pricing lists you may have gotten from the resort, etc when you made their plans I would greatly appreciative! thanks so much!
Hi Shanelynn! The pricing is listed on the website for the different packages that they offer - this is pretty good to start with and then there are other things to add (additional costs for each guest over 20, outside vendors, etc). I received a proposal based on 25 people for the ultimate wedding package with the gold menu and it is about $3500 total - this doesnt include some of the upgrades or extras. As for pics - check on tripadvisor for some great ones and I believe there is a previous post in this thread of a wedding review with pics.
Don't worry - Cecilia will get back to you shortly - they are just on a different schedule then us American's :)
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanenlynn View Post
Cecilia can be slow to get back to you by e-mail...I've read that about her and I've experienced it as well. She will get back to you, though. (I know for me, I get excited about one thing and will e-mail her and just want her to get back to me right away...I think I have realized that and have just kind of decided to be relaxed about the whole thing. I know she will get back to me eventually. And if not, I'll just e-mail again...)

I did receive this price list (see attachment). It is pretty recent. I just booked with them in January. Some of the things on the list are included in some of the packages. I am just doing the included wedding (with no private reception).
Hope this helps!

Secrets Maroma List of Prices Weddings 2010-1.doc

I agree with the other ladies about Cecilia's response times. She typically takes about 48 hours to respond to most emails, so hang in there.

I'll be leaving this Sunday, and our ceremony is on Friday Feb 26th. I'll be sure to post my review and some photos when I get back. If any of you ladies that have been through this before have any last minute advice or reminders for me, please let me know!

Thanks for everyone that has helped me through this forum!

Good luck!!!! Def let us know how it goes :)

Does anyone have any info they can give me about doing a site visit and staying at the resort? Just wondering what kind of incentive they give - some others will give a discount and put the money spent on the stay toward the wedding.

Any info is appreciated :)

Also, is anyone using Juan Navarro that Cecilia recommended or are you using the house photographer? What about a DJ or Band for the reception?

We did our site visit the 1st week of February. It was amazing and I strongly recommend it so that you have a better idea of the flow of the resort and can choose your flowers and cake and food. We did get a discount to stay at the resort and met with Cecelia for about an hour. She has a book of all of your flower and cake and table options. I feel much better now about our decision.

I also met with Juan Navarro photographer and saw some of his work. It was very good and affordable so we have upgraded our package to package 4 and are also doing a Trash the Dress shoot the day after the wedding.

We are also using DJ mania that Cecelia recommended. I have talked to lots of people on here about their services and have heard nothing but good things.

The good thing about using these vendors is that you do not have to pay for them to come to the resort like you do with outside vendors.

We are getting married here April 30th. We're using Dino Gomez as our photographer. His information is on this site. He's been a pleasure to consult with and very responsive. We've also booked DJ Mannia to handle the music for both our ceremony and the reception dinner. I've read nothing but rave reviews about them.

I've read several reviews about the photographer that is included in their wedding packages and he didn't get rave reviews. Since the pictures are one of the most important spends for the wedding, I didn't want to take that chance. We've booked the Secrets Ultimate Wedding, so I guess we will just have both photographers now. Hope everyone can place nice. :)

My husband and I were married at Secrets Maroma Beach on January 11th, 2010.

We planned to do a destination wedding so we could spend a week with our family and friends, and also so that we didn't have to stress too much about the actual day!! If you are a person who is extremely hands on, and wants to control everything down to the last detail, I wouldn't recommend a DW.

Cecilia was relaxed and lovely. She did a fabulous job with the flowers, and arranging our tables for the reception. The meal we had for our wedding was one of the best we had at the resort- the steak was perfect- and believe me- If you're from Alberta, you know your steak!!! As for hair and make-up, I did my own make-up, and in hindsight would have done my own hair too!! I had my hair done at the spa and it was not really my style, but, whatever. It's just hair!! If I had had time I would have restyled it myself, but I ended up just rocking what I had to work with. My MOH's hair, however, was fabulous!!

We would have loved to have an outside photographer for the day of the wedding, but unfortunately that wasn't in the picture ($$) for us, so we crossed our fingers and went with what was included in the package. We had Alex and Tony, from Juan Navarro, and they got some great shots. We were very specific in our requests for horizontal, symmetrical shots, and no cheesy special effects, to which they basically complied. We purchased an extra disk from them with all of the pictures- my only tip is barter!! You're in Mexico!!

We were lucky enough that we were able to arrange a separate photo shoot and TTD while we were on our honeymoon- and for this we used the wonderful, amazing, kind and uber talented, Daniel Aguilar. Ladies- if you are looking for a photographer, he is your guy!!

Secrets Maroma was a beautiful, lovely place, and we feel very fortunate that we were able to spend 2 weeks, oceanfront, there. The food was great, the beach is divine, and the service was just incredible. My Husband and I are both beach people, but we we discovered the benefits of the pool at this resort- the pool service is amazing!! Also- I have a severe shellfish allergy, and I never worried once- they always made sure that whatever I ordered was grilled on a separate surface, and safe for me to eat. Wow.

If you choose Secrets for your wedding, my only tip is to not sweat the small things. Relax. Enjoy. Smile. No wedding is ever perfect. But at least yours will be in paradise!!!