OOT Bag - Local Stuff to PVR

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sonyasea

• 19 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:00 AM

Looking for your recommendations of local markets in Puerto Vallarta where we can purchase local beach bags, wine, crafts, and snacks for our guests. We are hoping to buy these after we arrive in Puerto Vallarta arrive, as opposed to lugging on the plane. Thanks for your input!

#2 Kathie

• 2,654 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:51 AM

You can get anything on the Malecon. They have all kinds of shops. There are also 2 Walmarts in PV that are great. You can buy anything from food, liquor, clothes, etc. Good luck.

#3 sonyasea

• 19 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:36 PM

My fiancee is Mexican and suggested we should avoid the tourist zone. Is there a Mexican market that you know about -- maybe even in a neighboring town?

#4 mspattemac

• 168 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:35 AM

We went to Puerto Vallarta this past May. I think it depends on where you are staying. We were at Los Caracoles Villas and we took a cab to a supermarket and bought a lot of food and alcohol there. I googled puerto vallarta groceries and found some reviews from other travelers on good places to buy groceries and stuff. I would suggest you do that because you might not be staying anywhere near where I did.
          I will give you this advice though, bring your own sunscreen. It is expensive there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users