Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cancun review 11-9-08 LONG!!!


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 rdhbride

rdhbride
  • Jr. Member
  • 313 posts

    Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:29 AM

    those minor details cou;d have been so much worse! glad your day was awesome , pics are perfect!!

    #12 Carolyn

    Carolyn
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,235 posts

      Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:28 AM

      Sounds like a great time. Sorry to hear about your flowers but it's great that you didn't allow that from having a wonderful time. Welcome home and Congrats.

      #13 zorlack76

      zorlack76
      • Jr. Member
      • 259 posts

        Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:36 AM

        Holy Crap!!! It took me so long to read your review that I had to log in again because it booted me off :) That was a GREAT review. I am so happy you had a great time. All the details (except for flowers and such) seemed to work out perfectly. We set our wedding for 6pm...but it is in August. I am wondering if I should bump it earlier in the day (if Gaby will let us.) Did you have to book Mannia Cancun yourself, or did Gaby set that all up for you? Gaby sent me a contract which included a DJ for 4 hours, but she did not specify which DJ it would be. What kind of deposit did you have to give her? Just the $500.00? Of course, the email correspondence isnt working too well with me and Gaby :)

        Again, great review and there are going to be so many questions we all have for you. I hope you dont get tired of answering things for us!! :)

        #14 Erika J

        Erika J

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

          Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:12 AM

          It sounds fabulous!

          #15 flygirl

          flygirl
          • Jr. Member
          • 263 posts

            Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:02 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by zorlack76
            Holy Crap!!! It took me so long to read your review that I had to log in again because it booted me off :) That was a GREAT review. I am so happy you had a great time. All the details (except for flowers and such) seemed to work out perfectly. We set our wedding for 6pm...but it is in August. I am wondering if I should bump it earlier in the day (if Gaby will let us.) Did you have to book Mannia Cancun yourself, or did Gaby set that all up for you? Gaby sent me a contract which included a DJ for 4 hours, but she did not specify which DJ it would be. What kind of deposit did you have to give her? Just the $500.00? Of course, the email correspondence isnt working too well with me and Gaby :)

            Again, great review and there are going to be so many questions we all have for you. I hope you dont get tired of answering things for us!! :)
            I would definately check with Gaby (if you can get her to write you back) because some days we were there, there were 2 weddings back to back...so if you want to change your time, you'll have to confirm there's not another wedding that day

            I booked Mannia myself...I also booked my own photographer and guitar player for the ceremony. I operated under the theory that it's my wedding and I'm going to use the vendors that I want. So I just booked all of those people and then told Gaby about it during our meeting instead of asking for permission (whoops). She didn't seem to mind.

            We sent a deposit for $795 to Dreams to hold our date, and also $535 to Mannia.

            Hope that helps!

            #16 zorlack76

            zorlack76
            • Jr. Member
            • 259 posts

              Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:40 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by flygirl
              I would definately check with Gaby (if you can get her to write you back) because some days we were there, there were 2 weddings back to back...so if you want to change your time, you'll have to confirm there's not another wedding that day

              I booked Mannia myself...I also booked my own photographer and guitar player for the ceremony. I operated under the theory that it's my wedding and I'm going to use the vendors that I want. So I just booked all of those people and then told Gaby about it during our meeting instead of asking for permission (whoops). She didn't seem to mind.

              We sent a deposit for $795 to Dreams to hold our date, and also $535 to Mannia.

              Hope that helps!
              Ahh, thank you. That helps a ton. I am going to write Mannia back. Last time I emailed hm asking him about prices, he told me to contact Gaby or Claudia for pricing. So, maybe if I wave money in front of his fact he will want to do something about it :) Hahaha Thanks again!

              #17 June_Dreams

              June_Dreams
              • Jr. Member
              • 248 posts

                Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:45 PM

                GREAT GREAT REVIEW.. I absolutly loved all your details.. God knows we want to know everything..lol You looked beautiful and so did your wedding. I am so happy everything worked out for you :)

                Thanks for the golfing info i had no clue this was included in the package which is def. a great way to get the boys out of the hotel so you can run a muck with your girls..

                All in all do you think you spent what you were expecting to spend for a DW or was it way over what you expected (sorry if this is too personal but I am so scared of having to wash dishes the day after my wedding..lol)

                Congrats again!!
                <3 <3 <3 Joanna & Orlando <3 <3 <3

                #18 kellywinter1

                kellywinter1
                • Jr. Member
                • 305 posts

                  Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:55 PM

                  Flygirl great review! You looked great on your wedding day! Where did you get your dress?!

                  #19 flygirl

                  flygirl
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 263 posts

                    Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:53 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by JoannaR
                    GREAT GREAT REVIEW.. I absolutly loved all your details.. God knows we want to know everything..lol You looked beautiful and so did your wedding. I am so happy everything worked out for you :)

                    Thanks for the golfing info i had no clue this was included in the package which is def. a great way to get the boys out of the hotel so you can run a muck with your girls..

                    All in all do you think you spent what you were expecting to spend for a DW or was it way over what you expected (sorry if this is too personal but I am so scared of having to wash dishes the day after my wedding..lol)

                    Congrats again!!
                    I knew all of the prices of the things I wanted before I got down there. So I realized what the cost would be. I do think it's absurd what they charge for certain things ($330 for gazebo decorations). But I had a budget to work with and was able to get most of the things I wanted within that budget. There were a few things I requested that they quoted me about 4 times as much as it would've cost in the states. So I opted out of those things. I don't think having a destination wedding is a huge savings if you're going to do the whole thing with the cocktail hour, and the reception, and the flowers, etc. I think my parents and I figured it out and for 40 people, we could've done the exact same wedding (minus the beautiful beach, of course) at home for about 75% of the price. But, it wouldn't have been the same experience. So, I'm glad we did it the way we did it and I think it was worth (just about) every penny.

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by kellywinter1
                    Flygirl great review! You looked great on your wedding day! Where did you get your dress?!
                    My mom is a flight attendant and found it on one of her layovers at a wedding boutique in New York. It's Monique Lhullier Gardenia and I'm so sad because I was only allowed to get it knowing that I'd have to sell it after the wedding because of the cost But it was worth it for that one day!

                    #20 cougs

                    cougs

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 12,151 posts

                      Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:22 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by flygirl
                      I don't think having a destination wedding is a huge savings if you're going to do the whole thing with the cocktail hour, and the reception, and the flowers, etc. I think my parents and I figured it out and for 40 people, we could've done the exact same wedding (minus the beautiful beach, of course) at home for about 75% of the price. But, it wouldn't have been the same experience. So, I'm glad we did it the way we did it and I think it was worth (just about) every penny.
                      i agree that a wedding for 40 people could be done cheaper at home (tho definitely NOT the same experience), but for us, the fact is that if we got married here at home we'd be *expected* to have a wedding for about 200 people, not 40. it's like people only understand the concept of a small, intimate wedding when it's a destination!

                      glad you had the wedding of your dreams!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users