Photo

When to give out the OOT bags?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Angela139

Angela139
  • 455 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:07 PM

We are thinking of shipping ours to the resort a head of time, and having them placed in our guests' rooms so that they will be there when they check in. :)

#12 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
    • 2,233 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 05:52 PM

Soon2BeWed OOT bags stands for out of town bags. It took me a few days to figure it out in the beginning. at one point I though oh they mean loot bags but forgot the L lol. dont worry it takes some time but you will soon figure out the lingo.

Chris
      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#13 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
      • 2,233 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 05:53 PM

I was planning on having a welcome hour in the hotel lobby when everyone arrives and then hand out the bags then, but I am only planning on having about 26 people as well
        July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#14 turk

turk
        • 52 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:37 PM

Being that I sent a wedding contract in July via certified mail & it still hasn't arrived at the GP Jamaica, I WOULD NOT send anything ahead of time
          Even worse, the postal service can't even locate it & its supposed to be the most secure way to send items!

#15 mspattemac

mspattemac
          • 168 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:00 PM

I'm glad someone asked this because I wondered the same thing. We will have guests from other cities, arriving at different times and so on. I wasn't sure what the norm is.

I do think that it should depend on what you are including in your bags. If they are bulky then it would be a hassle to pack them and then hope your guests can fit them into their luggage. Some people have listed things that I think people might already bring (suncreen, after sun lotion, chapstick, etc). If you have items like this then it makes more sense to give them out about a week before you leave.

#16 Rob&Sue

Rob&Sue
            • 64 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:23 PM

Great suggestion. I think that we'll hand most of them the night before we leave (the bags will have items that will be useful during the flight), and the rest to those who get there after us (who are coming from other cities on later flights. We'll bring the contents of those with us, prepare the bags when we get there, and have the resort place the bags in their rooms as a welcome surprise.

As a side note - I am doing up OOT bags for all my bridesmaids as their bridesmaid gifts. The bags are a lot bigger, sturdier, and will be embroidered with their names. :) Plus, they'll have a few nicer items in them. :)
              Rob & Susannah 36 people booked!!http://tickers.Ticke....7881/event.png

#17 Rob&Sue

Rob&Sue
              • 64 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:24 PM

Great suggestions. I think that we'll hand most of them the night before we leave (the bags will have items that will be useful during the flight), and the rest to those who get there after us (who are coming from other cities on later flights. We'll bring the contents of those with us, prepare the bags when we get there, and have the resort place the bags in their rooms as a welcome surprise.

As a side note - I am doing up OOT bags for all my bridesmaids as their bridesmaid gifts. The bags are a lot bigger, sturdier, and will be embroidered with their names. :) Plus, they'll have a few nicer items in them. :)
                Rob & Susannah 36 people booked!!http://tickers.Ticke....7881/event.png

#18 J2K

J2K
                • 59 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:34 PM

We're considering handing them out 1-2 weeks before we leave. Most of our guests are local to us, and there aren't that many going to begin with (right now 24, but a few more could book). We're thinking about having a pre-trip dinner for our guests, similar to a rehearsal dinner for a wedding at home. This would allow everyone to do some pre-planning and get in the mood :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users