Photo

Best Company to use for creating your own website

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:22 PM

i'm quite lucky...my h2b does web design so i got mine made for me for free!woo hoo

#12 montegobay09

montegobay09
    • 832 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:33 PM

We used eWedding.com You can get the free version which is very nice and then if you want the extras you can pay to upgrade your package. I didn't need to upgrade so it's all free!

Someone said before that when they googles their name the website came up...If you make your website private (with a password) I don't think you'll be able to search for it on any search engine. Maybe you can't to this on all the websites? I wanted to make mine private cause ya never know who's lurking! haha

#13 Angela139

Angela139
      • 455 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:38 AM

www.ewedding.com is great! We're not quite done our site yet, but you can take a look at it to get an idea: www.jasonandangela.com

the site is really easy to use and has all of the functionality that I need. :) Good luck finding something that works for you!

#14 katken

katken
        • 268 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:35 PM

We are using weddingwindow.com. It's been really easy to use. Our guest have told us they love it too!

www.jimandkatherine.weddingwindow.com

I think it was $80 for a year.

#15 uspoiledme

uspoiledme
          • 167 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:04 AM

I did a google search and found several websites that discussed the pros and cons of the best wedding website builders. I chose weddingwindow because I love to use flash.

#16 Sparkles8300

Sparkles8300
            • 349 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 04:28 PM

We used WeddingAnnouncer.com and it was free. I really wanted to use a site where guests could RSVP online. There are not any adds and nobody would even know that it was free! Here is a link to our site:

Welcome
              WE WERE SO BLESSED TO HAVE A PERFECT WEDDING WEEKEND FROM START TO FINISH!

My Planning Thread:http://bestdestinati....c-heavy-53105/Our Sungold Photograpy Slideshow to music:http://www.sungoldph....otter-hooters/http://tickers.Ticke....3c97/event.png

#17 nicmicj

nicmicj
              • 244 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:39 PM

I used WeddingWire - Wedding Venues, Wedding Cakes, Dresses, Invitations, Planning, Advice for Perfect Weddings! which is a free wedding site! It is easy to use and has several features.

#18 canadianheather

canadianheather
                • 47 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:51 PM

Thank you everyone for all your imput. I loved checking out the links to your websites to get ideas. I've been sick the last week so i haven't been to get started on my own yet but i will post it as soon as I do. THanks again.

#19 Mystic

Mystic
                  • 254 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:52 PM

Our wedsite isn't password protected because as I mentioned in my last post, some guests had issues with it and I didn't end up putting the password on the STDs. We don't have any last names or specific information like addresses or work places or anything so I wasn't worried about it. Also, all questbook posts have to be approved by us first.

Has anyone had any issues with online creeps due to their websites not being password protected?

#20 sansam

sansam
                    • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by canadianheather 

Anyone have a wedding website for guests to check information? What company did you use to create the page and were you happy with the result? Were they easy to use? Or have you been to a wedding where the couple had a website. Did you find it useful or is it a waste of my time?
                      There are so many different companies offering this now and I wasn't sure which one to go with. Plus they seem to range in price from free to $100 or so. I feel like you get a bit better product if you pay at least something plus if its free there are usually advertisements on your website and that just seems tacky. Any thoughts.....

i used this http://www.xnynz.com/ link to create my own wedding website as my name as the domain name .its really useful for me...i hope you tooo get use from here...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users