Has Anyone Heard of These Florists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smidge View Post
I've just returned from my daughter's wedding at the Fairmont Mayakoba, and we used Vanessa Jaimes. We could not have been happier. Vanessa listened to what we were looking for, adapted her designs to fit within our budget, and delivered impeccably.

I work with a friend who does wedding flowers locally, so it was difficult for me to turn over the reigns. On a destination wedding, it's what you have to do because you're working remotely. This has been a learning experience for me, and everything turned out beautifully. Here's my advice to anyone looking for a florist is a destination location:

1) Flowers are not an important feature to all brides, but if it is to you, hire a florist with the best reputation. Do your research, and hire the one that you think is the most reliable and most likely to deliver the look you want;

2) Describe a look and the colors you want for your floral pieces. We said "low and lush," "whites, ivories and greens," and "earthy, and natural." If you want tropical colors and "edgy sculptural," say that. Whatever works for you, describe it as best you can and share a limited number of pictures so it does not confuse your florist;

3) Don't get too specific as to flower types. Flowers that are readily available at home may be very expensive at your destination. At the same time, flowers that are indulgent at home may not be at your wedding locale.

4) Recognize that flowers are seasonal. As an example, tulips in the fall are possible, but they may be pricey. Also, accept that most destination weddings are in locations that are remote from most floral distribution centers, so listen to your florist to suggest flower types that she can get at a reasonable price;

3) Trust your florist. They know what works in the locale of your wedding. Tall arrangements may blow over if your reception is outdoors and open to ocean breezes, and standard votives, that are lovely in many stateside locales, may not stay lit when you are in a tropical environment.; and

4) As a destination bride, you are in a beautiful setting. You don't have to do too much, and flowers are by nature, beautiful. Don't sweat it.

If you want to see what worked awesome for us, look at the second picture on Vanessa's slide show. This was our inspiration and why we hired her. The Baby's Breath baskets gave us texture and definition for the ceremony without taking away from the natural environment. If this is not your look, you can see that she's not limited here.
Excellent advice!! Thank you!

Hi Ladies - I went down to PDC to meet with vendors for my wedding.....I ended up meeting with Lucrecia from Euforia and OMG there is work is amazing!!! I am waiting for quotes from them.......bodas@eventoseuforia.com is her email if interested

Vanessa is not inexpensive, but you won't have any surprises and her style is elegant. The ceremony site was perfect, and we hired a string trio for the music. Everything turned out as we expected.

A suggestion for your table numbers: use Mexican house number tiles. We got ours from

3-D Multi Color Talavera House Number Tiles - Free Shipping

and actually found it less expensive to have them sent to us in the US (free shipping) than sent to the resort in Mexico where shipping in pricey. These are three dimensional and the relief is what made this work. We used the blue and white number and simply leaned them us against glass vases, wrapped with a banana leaf with white flowers. The resort had dark blue glassware, and everything was so elegant.

• 3 weeks later...