Anyone having/had a reception in Halekulani (Hau Terrace)?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 leilani2008

• 22 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:15 AM

I've reserved a ballroom in Halekulani. I was wondering if any of you had/are going to have a reception in Hau Terrace. I've been to Halekulani but never been to Hau Terrace. It's going to be around 40 people. What kind of decorations did you use? What kind of entertainment did you have?

#2 princessina

• 192 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:26 AM

I can't remember anyone specifically here ( or at least reading through the posts) who's been at Halekuni but if there is she'll speak up soon. There doesn't seem to be too many brides from Oahu TA Dina might be very helpful, she's very knowledgeable when it comes to the islands.

#3 TA Dina

TA Dina
      • 181 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:25 PM

Was the WC able to provide you with any pics or anything? The Hau Terrace is very pretty and a great place for a small reception. When they open it all up, and the breeze is blowing through....so pretty! You will like it I'm sure.

A very good friend of mine is the Sales Mgr over at the resort so if you need anything just let me know. I'm sure she can get us pics and info pretty quickly.

#4 vivrant_thing

• 56 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:53 PM

Hi, I am very interested in this venue for our reception as well. We are expecting about 25-30 people. however, they have a non-amplified music policy..... which is a bummer bc i really wanted to do the first dance & bridal party introductions. do u think they could allow it just for that half hour?

#5 vivrant_thing

• 56 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:03 AM

nm, they said that an exception for that can be made! for anyone else who wants to knw

#6 Becsmom

• Site Supporter
            • 38 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:46 PM

We loved this location, it is gorgeous, the terrace is just beautiful, as well as the room, however their music policy was a definite turn off. We want everyone to have a great time dancing and they won't allow a DJ. They told us they have a live band that can be heard on the terrace, but all they play is Hawaiian music.....we love the destination for it's beauty, but we don't want a "hawaiian" wedding. We want a traditional wedding with the beautiful atmosphere...we'll be celebrating till midnight at the Hilton Hawaiian Village!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users