Photo

No TTD Dress--no what!?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:14 AM

All this time I've been interested in doing a TTD session and knew the dress I wanted to order online and guess what? I never ordered it and I leave Monday for Punta Cana!! i don't even know what to do at this point, I really didn't want to use my wedding dress.

#2 Jen_S

Jen_S
    • 3,737 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:25 AM

I know you probably have enough on your plate since you are leaving so soon YEAH! you could try going to bridal shops and buy a dress off the rack. Good Luck
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:38 AM

check craigslist to see if anyone in the area is selling a used dress

look at a department store. my wedding dress (and TTD dress) came from macys. holiday dresses might be out already.

just get something long, white & preferably flowy. just don't stress yourself out shopping. find something that you like & just go with it.

#4 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
        • 1,830 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:51 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Morgan
          check craigslist to see if anyone in the area is selling a used dress

look at a department store. my wedding dress (and TTD dress) came from macys. holiday dresses might be out already.

just get something long, white & preferably flowy. just don't stress yourself out shopping. find something that you like & just go with it.
          thx Morgan, you're right, no need to stress now. I'm going to hit macy's this wknd and hopefully find something flowy and inexpensive that will serve its purpose. wish me luck!

#5 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
          • 1,830 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:52 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jkcz0702
            I know you probably have enough on your plate since you are leaving so soon YEAH! you could try going to bridal shops and buy a dress off the rack. Good Luck
            I'm going to check david's bridal, see if they have something i can get off the rack....thanks. :)

#6 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
            • 2,777 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:22 AM

I'm with morgan, just go to macy's, dillards, nordstroms, etc and check out what they have. What dress were you going to order?

#7 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
              • 2,777 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:01 AM

or also, I guess, if you have a davids bridal around, they are having the $99 sale, so they're discontinued dresses are $99 and you can just buy them and take them home.

#8 KLK

KLK
                • 205 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:36 AM

did you find anything? ANY white dress will do! Depending on the photographer, "Trash the Dress" doesn't mean to literally TRASH the dress. I actually had all my brides just do it the day or two after their wedding and we just got the bottom a little dirtier. You can still get it cleaned and preserved, but you only get married once, so just TRASH it!!! haha... Best of luck!

#9 adias.angel

adias.angel
                  • 719 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:33 AM

I agree, try davids bridal.

Why don't you want to wear your wedding dress?

#10 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
                    • 2,424 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:42 AM

I dont know where in nj are you at but if your somewhat close to Newton you should try Chrissy O Bridal. Their webstore has dresses for $40, i would think they would let you come in and try them on and take them right home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users