What do you think about these favors?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 montegobay09

montegobay09
  • 832 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:32 PM

Hi girls!

I'm not sure what to do for favors when we're in Jamaica and I was really wanting to order some custom flip-flops (I found a really great company to order from). Is it ok to give flip flops as favors..or is that tacky?...I know that favors are usually given out at the reception/dinner but is it ok to give the favors out before the ceremony so that guests have the option of wearing the flip flops in the sand if they choose to do so?

#2 Kara&Ryan

Kara&Ryan
    • 44 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:33 PM

I think it's a great idea. I am wanting to do the same thing. What website did you find?
      [SIGPIC]Kara & Ryan
      May 20, 2009
      Iberostar Rose Hall Beach
      Jamaica[/SIGPIC]

#3 coppergoddess13

coppergoddess13
      • 170 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:34 PM

I think it sounds like a fun idea. It might be something you could include in an OOT bag and just not have a favor at the ceremony? My only concern would be having enough of the right sizes to go around!

#4 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:34 PM

It sounds fun and beachy! Will you share this fabulous webiste?

#5 montegobay09

montegobay09
          • 832 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:45 PM

Of course I'll share. I got the address from a fellow BDW bride who had them at her wedding. The site is completely in spanish but if you click on the sandals one you get to see all of the designs. You can even design your own and ask them to do it for you. I contacted them through the website and they emailed me the next day telling me that the women's flip flops were $3.50 and the men's are $4.50 I think what I'm going to do is order women's sizes with brown bottoms and turquoise on the "thong" part and then men's all brown...and then just get our names and wedding date and location printed on them. I don't want to have to travel with them so I think I'll get them to ship one of each pair to me and then ship the rest directly to the resort...do you guys see any problems with that? Thanks so much for your input!!! I love this forum!!

Here's the site! - Part Flops!
            Party Flops

#6 Rob&Sue

Rob&Sue
            • 64 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:36 PM

I think these are great! I have been looking for flip flops to give away as favors at our wedding. I hadn't even though of having them ship everything to the resort - what a great idea!
              Rob & Susannah 36 people booked!!http://tickers.Ticke....7881/event.png

#7 leahstafford

leahstafford
              • 713 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:48 PM

I like it! A new pair of flip flops never hurts.

#8 nicmicj

nicmicj
                • 244 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

That sounds like a good idea to me! I would love to receive flip flops as a favor.

#9 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
                  • 1,634 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:16 PM

I agree, flip-flops are soo appropriate as a destination wedding favour! Great idea!

I'd check with your resort first, I've seen ppl chatting on the forum about how alot of resorts do not take shipment of any goods - for obvious reasons (imagine if your goods went missing?!) so defo check - they should possibly have something on their website....good luck!

#10 mrsbancroft2be

mrsbancroft2be
                    • 111 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:05 AM

I love the idea, did you get a chance to see how long it would take to make them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users