Sign in to follow this  
adias.angel

How to decide where to have engagment photos taken

Well, just remember to not jump at the first one you see. Make sure you do your research. Your wedding is plenty far away that you can take a few weeks if you need to! :)

You don't have to have a special meaning to the pics, it's usually just focused on the two of you and capturing YOU, not so much the scene. Don't stress! If it works out that your photographer is in Mexico the same time you are or you are able to fly them there for a day or two, then totally, that would be amazing. BUT you can find this whole rock/water thing in Mackinac too if that's more convenient for you two. The Mexican ruins are a total unique feel (find out permit/restrictions) and if that's what you're looking for, the photographer has a ton of artsy scenery to work with there and in Chicago & may have more of a chance creating a piece of art from it rather than just a portrait. Hope this helps - Best of luck! wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
Well, just remember to not jump at the first one you see. Make sure you do your research. Your wedding is plenty far away that you can take a few weeks if you need to! :)
Thank you! After I read that I took your advice and used a couple of the wedding website to find photographers in Chicago.

I thought I would find a couple that were more artistic/photo journalistic but I found 18 that we loved!!! I am so happy there are that many amazing photogs in Chicago. Guess being a small town girl I am not use to large selection. smile36.gif

I have emailed them all for prices. I can't wait to hear back from them.

Thank you again for telling me to do my research!! Carla wink.gif

You're welcome! Now remember to be patiant and wait for all of their responses! I know that was the hardest part for me. I was just so excited to book a photographer that I jumped rather quickly before hearing the quotes from everybody.

Another great resource, by the way is the WPPI website. You can search for photographers by city and then it lists their contact information and their websites.

Happy hunting! :)

LOL. Yeah... you sound just like me!! Trust me, you'll find a great photographer for a great deal! Just wait for it! :)

How far away from Chicago are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
LOL. Yeah... you sound just like me!! Trust me, you'll find a great photographer for a great deal! Just wait for it! :)

How far away from Chicago are you?
We live about 2.5 hours from Chicago but my FI's family is looking to possible move to Bowling Green which is a suburb of Chicago. So if his dad takes the job there that means we have free room and board. I am keeping my fingers crossed he takes the job, I really want them back close to us.

Maybe I am biased but I vote for Chicago too. There are so many great photo ops here. We did our engagement photos in a park near the Museum of Science and Industry & I love how they turned out (see link my siggy).

We were also going to do some more pics downtown when it got a little darker but we were tired and called it a day. My photog is based in Northwest Indiana but shoots in Chicago on a regular basis & I'd definitely recommend her. Good luck-- can't wait to see your pics, whatever you decide to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*petals*~ View Post
My photog is based in Northwest Indiana but shoots in Chicago on a regular basis & I'd definitely recommend her. Good luck-- can't wait to see your pics, whatever you decide to do!
Oh! I will have to email her for a quote. Your picture are just beautiful!

We decided that Chicago would be the best place. After I showed him a few photogs I found he was all for it. Plus he LOVES Chicago, one of his favorite places to visit. At least its on decision down and a ton more to go. LOL