Sign in to follow this  
lilone

How do i choose the right resort?

I have choosen to get married in the mayan Riveria. April 2010. There are so many resorts to choose from. I think one of the most important things for me is I really want something somewhat private. I would like to have the ceremony, and have a private reception where we can have dinner, and then party afterwards without having to change locations too much. Ex: what Ive learned from alot of resorts so far is that they let you have 1 of the restaurants for an hour, for the reception then your on your own. I would like to avoid that. I would really like to have a seperate area from other guests where we can eat, and party all night if we choose. So if anyone has any advice, or have stayed at a resort that will accomodate, please let me know! wink.gif

welcome4.gif to the forum and CONGRATS!!! wink.gif

I would read some of the reviews that the other brides have posted to see what you like and dislike about them. Hopefully that'll help you weed some out and pick the one that is perfect for you!

WELCOME!!! I had a tough time deciding on a resort too...it really helped looking at the pics the girls posted on here :) goodluck!

Maybe try the Valntin imperial Maya or Ceiba del Mar. I believe at Valentin you can have the restaurant for the entire night and it would be close to the chapel and also to the gazebo!

At Ceiba Del Mar there is a roof top patio where you can party all night long as there are no neighbors and there is an area at the other end of the resort where you can have the wedding on the beach or on the pier and reception right next to it in a plaza area. That area needs to be done at 11pm though because of the neighbors.

HTH!

Welcome to the forum !

You might also want to investigate smaller resorts / hotels, that have less rooms which means you could actually book the whole place with your guests and therefore, privatize it.

There are a few places that have 10-20 rooms... some of them even have like 4 rooms only... if you have more guests they could stay at another place but at least you would have the wedding place all for yourself.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics