Photo

hypocritical bride and her OOT bags

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 liljay6915

liljay6915
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:39 AM

so I posted this under the cruise thread....but more ppl look uner this thread so I thought i'd ask u ladies aswell
    ok so heres the deal i'm a vegan animal loving bride that understands that (my) 30 + wedding guests do not feel my same beliefs. I have made my OOT bags including:
    -koosies
    -beach towels
    -lip balm
    -vegan chocolate
    -water w/labels
    -beach balls
    -leis
    -sewing kits
    -crazy straws (for their drinks)
    -key card holders

so what can I give my guest that will make a difference in there lives... what can I give them that will not impose my believes on them but make them understand them.

#2 adias.angel

adias.angel
    • 719 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:49 AM

How about a donation to a animal shelter in each of their names?

#3 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,047 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
      • LocationToronto

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:58 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by adias.angel
      How about a donation to a animal shelter in each of their names?
      That's a super good idea! Maybe also some kind of info pamphlet that educates them on what it means to be vegan. You might be able to package it in a cute way, with a ribbon that's personalized saying "a little bit about me!" or something along those lines?

#4 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:12 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by liljay6915
        so I posted this under the cruise thread....but more ppl look uner this thread so I thought i'd ask u ladies aswell
        ok so heres the deal i'm a vegan animal loving bride that understands that (my) 30 + wedding guests do not feel my same beliefs. I have made my OOT bags including:
        -koosies
        -beach towels
        -lip balm
        -vegan chocolate
        -water w/labels
        -beach balls
        -leis
        -sewing kits
        -crazy straws (for their drinks)
        -key card holders

so what can I give my guest that will make a difference in there lives... what can I give them that will not impose my believes on them but make them understand them.
        well i completely empathize with you (used to be vegan and vegetarian for 15 years) about the cause HOWEVER i am not sure that your wedding is the right venue to make a political statement KWIM?

you could just include a small card that says something like, "in leiu of our Vegan beliefs and appreciation for all living creatures, we have made sure to include creulty-free products. we hope you enjoy! love, bride and groom"

#5 *Casey*

*Casey*
        • 5,209 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:14 PM

I was going to say the same thing. A donation in their name would be perfect! That's what my parents did for my sisters wedding instead of favors. It was wonderful to hear the responses from the guests!

#6 OROBride1008

OROBride1008
          • 417 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:38 PM

I think the donation sounds like a geat idea.

#7 adias.angel

adias.angel
            • 719 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:58 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Alyssa
              you could just include a small card that says something like, "in leiu of our Vegan beliefs and appreciation for all living creatures, we have made sure to include creulty-free products. we hope you enjoy! love, bride and groom"
              I like this too. Just make sure whatever you do is light hearted and doesn't sound to political. Alyssa is totally right about that.

#8 liljay6915

liljay6915
              • 22 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:35 PM

thanks so much I didnt think about a donation that is a great idea. And i dont want to make a political statement. that would be so inappropreate.
                Couldt live w/o you BDW girls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users