Photo

bridal shower a couple of days after Christmas?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EngagedToBeMrsB

EngagedToBeMrsB
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:23 PM

Im throwing around the idea of having a bridal shower right after Christmas...the 27th or 28th..mostly for my convenience bc it will be held in a state that I do not live in. Do you think this is a good idea being so close to Christmas? Also, how far in advance should invites be sent out for a shower? Thank you!

#2 Anna83

Anna83
    • 288 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:12 PM

I think that is okay, especially since you don't live close to where the party will be held. I'm sure your guests will understand. I would send out invites about a month in advance.

#3 DallasAshli

DallasAshli
      • 451 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:33 PM

I wouldn't suggest it just because that time of year seems so crazy. But if it's out of town and such, it might be the best way. Know that some people will be out of town. My b-day is the 27th and people are often gone.

If you decide to do it, I would send out invitations asap! We booked our holiday flight 2 weeks ago, so I'm sure other people are making plans now if they haven't already.

#4 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,047 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
        • LocationToronto

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:35 PM

I'm sure that given your circumstances it will be fine to have it then :)

#5 kychick

kychick
        • 20 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:47 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by EngagedToBeMrsB
          Im throwing around the idea of having a bridal shower right after Christmas...the 27th or 28th..mostly for my convenience bc it will be held in a state that I do not live in. Do you think this is a good idea being so close to Christmas? Also, how far in advance should invites be sent out for a shower? Thank you!
          My best friend is throwing mine the same days, but it works out to b/c my
          25th bday is on the 28th. I think it should be okay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users