Hair Up/Down/Half up-Half down?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:47 PM

Hey ladies,

I wasn't sure where I should post this, so I figured this might be the best place. I'm having an extremely tough time deciding what to do with my hair for the wedding and I fear that it'll be a last minute decision and I will end up hating it...and I don't want to!!

So my question is: how did you decide how you were going to wear your hair for the big day? Was the dress a deciding factor? Weather? Stylist experience (didn't want to choose something so intricate that the stylist wouldn't be able to do it)? Please share, I'm killing myself over this and I'm hoping to decide soon because I just don't want to think about it anymore! lol

Thanks in advance!!

#2 DallasAshli

DallasAshli
    • 451 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:54 PM

My first idea was a soft up-do because of the wind factor. But when I showed FI what I was thinking, he said "No, your hair looks better down". Haha, so that changed everything!

I am wearing a veil so now I'm thinking half-up in a soft way. Also, when I went to get my dress altered, I realized the back looks better with hair down (it's really low cut in the back and even with my long hair down, it shows off plenty of my back).

So for me, it was FI's opinion + dress style. I like soft, natural looks, so I'm sure the stylist can do it. And I'm not shy about voicing my opinion so if I wont leave the salon until I love it :)

Maybe post some of your fav hair pics (the knot has a lot) and let us help you decide :)

#3 Jen_S

Jen_S
      • 3,737 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:35 PM

I would like to have my hair 1/2 up and 1/2 down but I am waiting until we get there if it is windy I will put it up. I do not want to fight with my hair during the ceremony.
        Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#4 IslamoradaBride

IslamoradaBride
        • 459 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:48 PM

My main concerns with wearing my hair down (or half-up) are wind and heat. If it's so sticky hot that my hair feels like a scarf on my neck and back, that is not good! And if my hair is blowing around like crazy, people will laugh. If the weather is more temperate and there's not much wind, I'll probably do half-up. Otherwise I will do a soft updo.

#5 lgarner83

lgarner83
          • 530 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:23 PM

My hair is incredibly curly (see my sig pic) and I'm getting married in Cabo in Sept when it's very humid. So to combat the humidity and my unfortunate hair, I am having it straightened and put into a fancy low bun with a flower in my hair and my veil coming from underneath the bun.

#6 *Casey*

*Casey*
            • 5,209 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:55 PM

Can you post pics of your hair up, down, and half? Just curious.

#7 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,047 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
              • LocationToronto

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:02 PM

I'm in that deciding phase now, and I'm basically going to the salon and trying all the looks, with my veil in hand. I figure that's the best way to tell.

#8 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
              • 5,649 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:33 PM

Thanks for your input so far ladies!

Quote:
                Originally Posted by *Casey*
                Can you post pics of your hair up, down, and half? Just curious.
                As requested

Click the image to open in full size. This one is from my high school grad, so it's kind of old (and I've lost weight hehe) but I was thinking of wearing my hair that way again for my wedding. It's half up/half down here.

Click the image to open in full size. This is from my brother-in-law's wedding on the RM three years ago (I'm on the right), I was going for the same style as above but the hairstylist at the resort did it way wrong/different than how I've had it done here in Canada...

Click the image to open in full size. Me with my hair down & straight...with my FI hehe

Click the image to open in full size. Does this count as all the way up? I just put it in a hair clip for the pic. Geez my face looks bad in this one lol and my eyebrows! wtf

Let me know what you think! :)

#9 *Casey*

*Casey*
                • 5,209 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:06 PM

My favorite is the one at your BIL's wedding in the RM. Is there another stylist you could use that could possibly do a better job?

#10 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
                  • 1,083 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:00 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by *Casey*
                    My favorite is the one at your BIL's wedding in the RM. Is there another stylist you could use that could possibly do a better job?
                    It looks so cute in that picture.. I personally like that; its natural and moves in the wind.. but also has some structuer, yet stays out of your face!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users