Does Father of the Bride Still Pay?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 melanieanne

• 8 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:32 PM

I was just talking about this with my brother and I was wondering if the tradition of the bride's father/family paying for the wedding still rings true for most people? What's your guys' take?

#2 Ava

• 153 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:45 PM

My father is a douche, but my mother is paying, so it rings true for us! I feel very lucky though.

#3 Michelle

• Banned
      • 302 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:52 PM

my family isnt paying...and i think most of the brides on here are paying for everything themselves and their parents may help with the dress or something but i am starting to think that tradition is not too true anymore....but hey if you can get your parents to pay thats amazing! :)

#4 DallasAshli

• 451 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:57 PM

I agree with Michelle...we are paying for almost everything ourselves although my mother is helping with some OOT bag items. That's all they can do and we appreciate it!

#5 Inked1

• 161 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:58 PM

My mother paid for the dress, and our honeymoon accommodations are on mom and dad. (they own a time share in Orlando and are swapping their week for us to have a place in Vegas) Other than that FI and I are footing the bill.

#6 Shannond4156

• 169 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:09 PM

My parents are throwing in about 1/2 of what it is going to cost us in total. We are paying for the remainder.

#7 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:09 PM

Well here goes:

- As someone else said above "my dad is a douche" so he's not even invited to my wedding lol

- My step-dad is paying for my two week stay and my FI's parents are paying for his two week stay

- my mom paid for half of my dress

- FI and I are footing the rest of the costs (photographer, wedding package cost, etc)

#8 MissyR

• 1,210 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:14 PM

We are pretty fortunate that my parents and FIs parents are paying for everything. My parents are paying for my trip and dress etc. and his parents his trip and custom suit - then all the other costs are being split 50/50. The only thing we are really purchasing ourselves is the BM and GM gifts.

#9 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:15 PM

In our case my mom bought my dress and we are paying for the rest.
                    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#10 MrsMcs

• 34 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:29 PM

Not for our wedding...My FI & I are paying for most of it, with his parents & my parents helping out...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users