Cancelling ROR Photographer?!?!?!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
  • 584 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:13 PM

So now I'm really stressed!

I just got an offer from a local photographer (co-workers friend) to come to Jamaica for the week and photograph our wedding etc.

Now..I've already booked Michael because at the time I couldn't find anyone here to come with us. I have a tight budget and could only afford to bring 1 person.

So, I have this offer and have booked Michael for 2 1/2 hours & 50 pics on a disk (total cost is $700 Canadian). It would cost me anywhere from $900 to $1100 to bring the photographer.

Does anyone know if Michael charges a fee to cancel his services?!?!?! If he does it won't be worth me cancelling his services as that would cost more money and I'm running out of it lol

#2 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:33 PM

I just looked at the correspondence that Michael sent me early this year before my wedding. There is nothing mentioned about a cancellation fee. Maybe you should take a look at any emails that he sent you & just check.
      Thn I would send him an email saying that your plans have changed & you no longer need his services. Then see what his response is and if he mentions any fee's. How much did you deposit with him?

If he gives you a hard time, maybe you could keep him & change him from 2 1/2 hours to 1 hour so that the $700 is reduced to something less and then use that 1 hour for something else.

#3 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:34 PM

Oh boy!!! I guess it never ends!!!
        Sorry I can't help...but good luck! & let me know if you need a sounding board!!

#4 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:35 PM

I just looked at all of my correspondence from Michael that he sent me early this year. There is no mention of cancellation fee's in any of his emails.
          You should check the emails that he has sent you & see if they are mentioned.
          Then, I'd send him an email telling him that your plans have changed and you're no longer in need of his services. See what his response is & if he mentions any cancellation fees.
          How much did you deposit with him already?

If his response is negative, then maybe you could reduce the 2 1/2 hours with him to maybe 1 hour which would decrease your $700 fee.

#5 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
          • 584 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:18 PM

I haven't paid Michael at all as of yet. I'm thinking that there shouldn't be a fee..but who knows.

I looked through my emails and found nothing about cancelling etc.

I like the idea of someone coming with us because at least I won't be concerned about time etc.

Still thinking about it......

#6 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,193 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:53 PM

I don't think you should worry about it if you didn't give him a deposit. He shouldn't give you a hard time at all!

#7 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
              • 302 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:14 PM

I think you will be fine with canceling with him...things change and for all he needs to know you just dont want pictures anymore!

#8 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
                • 456 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:16 PM

This is what is listed on the 2009 Price List that Michael had sent another forum member:

Cancellations
                  Time & picture arrangements are no subject to refund as arranged shortly (within 5 days before the wedding / Photo appointment)

If you haven't made any payments I wouldn't worry. I would cancel by the 14th, out of courtesy, which would keep you out of the 5 day period he asked for.Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users