Parasols - Did you pack them in suitcase?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 niels408

• 327 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:11 PM

Hey Ladies,

As my packing list gets larger & larger and my suitcases seem smaller & smaller, I am wondering if you guys actually packed your parasols or how you got them down to your DW? I just ordered mine, so i'm not sure the exact size yet, but seems that they are going to be tough to pack & haul down there

#2 stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,853 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:33 PM

Mine came in a pretty sturdy box. I only had 4 of them though. I was able to fit the box in my suitcase, and it worked out ok.
      Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#3 syl1115

• 789 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:56 PM

Mine fit into the zipper pocket in my suitcase. I only had 4.

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#4 emmie2008

• 18 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:07 PM

We used FI's long tennis bag and packed parasols and his snorkeling fins. Worked out well!

#5 LadyCheese

• 1,830 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:11 PM

i'm wondering the same thing. i got 6 and i cant fit the box in my luggage but i fear that they may get crushed if i just put them in my luggage

#6 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:41 AM

Ive only got 2, but the plan was to wrap them in bubble pack and put them in my suitcase.

#7 niels408

• 327 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:40 PM

Thanks ladies!!!

I guess that brings me to another question....what size did you end up getting in your parasols?? Like from Lunabazaar.com i see there are the 20 inch, 28 inch, & larger 32 inch? I don't want them to be teeny-tiny, but also don't want them to be gigantic! hahahaha

#8 beachbride08

• VIP Member
                • 2,372 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:13 PM

I packed 4 at the bottom of one of our suitcases of wedding stuff and no issues. I didn't wrap them in anything or have them in a box. I got the 32" ones. I'm working on my review and uploading pictures to photobucket to post, but I have some pictures of me and the bridal party with the parasols so you can see the size.

#9 ChristineFarah

• 30 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:23 PM

My Mexico bride packed them into her suitcase and had no issues with getting them there. I would suggest maybe wrapping them in something to protect them from getting torn. I think the 28in parasols should be big enough. HTH!!

#10 2bebridejamaica

• 1,206 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:20 AM

Same here no problems in your largest checked bag they fit nice and snug. I just wrapped mine in bubble wrap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users