Sign in to follow this  
Opice34

NEED HELP - In Cancun now - Videographer is AWOL

i looked through all of my emails from claudia & none have a phone number.

I didn't confirm with them right before the wedding. the guy showed up. it wasn't miguel though, it was a guy named alex. they really didn't make it clear that i wasn't hiring miguel.

You guys are awesome! Problem solved! Thank you!

And Mike did email me yesterday finally, but I had already found someone else by then. sad.gif

Thank you all! I will post updates when I get back!

Hi guys! We're back!

Thanks for all of the help! Sorry for the double post above...I was on my blackberry and it wasn't working properly for posting at the end.

Like I mentioned, Mike did respond finally, and maybe he was just going to show up and I shouldn't have worried about it. Like Morgan mentioned above, she didn't confirm with her videographer ahead of time and they showed up. Maybe I was being a neurotic bride, but I just wanted a response to one of my emails! I know Mike has done great work for lots of other brides, and I'm sure he would have done a great job with mine, too. I just needed a response!

But thanks to all of you for so much help! We ended up finding Hector from Funever Photos and he even delivered the video to us before we left on the honeymoon. It is GREAT!! What's even more fun is that the minister pronounced us as Mr. & Mrs. [my maiden name] which was quite comical and I'm so glad we have that on tape! Everything was perfect!!

Thanks again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opice34 View Post
Hi guys! We're back!

Thanks for all of the help! Sorry for the double post above...I was on my blackberry and it wasn't working properly for posting at the end.

Like I mentioned, Mike did respond finally, and maybe he was just going to show up and I shouldn't have worried about it. Like Morgan mentioned above, she didn't confirm with her videographer ahead of time and they showed up. Maybe I was being a neurotic bride, but I just wanted a response to one of my emails! I know Mike has done great work for lots of other brides, and I'm sure he would have done a great job with mine, too. I just needed a response!

But thanks to all of you for so much help! We ended up finding Hector from Funever Photos and he even delivered the video to us before we left on the honeymoon. It is GREAT!! What's even more fun is that the minister pronounced us as Mr. & Mrs. [my maiden name] which was quite comical and I'm so glad we have that on tape! Everything was perfect!!

Thanks again!!
wow that is great to get it before you left

it would probably help to do a review on hector so brides have more options. i was dissapointed with the communication with Mike, too.

oh my God, what a nightmare...did he show up?? I just asked him for information

Originally Posted by Opice34 View Post

Hi guys,

My wedding is Saturday and I am in Cancun now. I booked a videographer (Mike Cantarell) from Cancun Wedding Video and I think I'm being stood up. I have emailed him several times to confirm the schedule and what time we should meet. I started emailing him on November 2nd and I have not received a single response during that period.

Has anyone spoken with Mike or anyone from Cancun Wedding Video?

Do you know of any other videographers that are reasonably priced that I could try?

I'm on my BlackberryN but I will check back in. Thanks!!!

I read the subsequent thread messages late, I see you went with someone else! So is no contact with outisde vendors before your wedding pretty much standard??

Originally Posted by CynLovesLuis View Post

oh my God, what a nightmare...did he show up?? I just asked him for information

smile03.gifI´m so happy everything turned out perfectly! How funny the thing of you being MR. an MRS. your maiden name!!!

Please post pics when you are back!!! We will be here waiting!