Photo

I think my dog has diabetes *updated*

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 edssbride09

edssbride09
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:58 PM

Hey, even if your dog is diabetic, he will be ok! They adapt really well to insulin shots if that is what is needed, and it isn't too expensive. They are really easy to give to pets. I would just make sure to keep him hydrated for tonight and the vet will help you in the morning.

Good luck, I am sure he will be ok!

#12 edssbride09

edssbride09
    • 233 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:58 PM

Hey, even if your dog is diabetic, he will be ok! They adapt really well to insulin shots if that is what is needed, and it isn't too expensive. They are really easy to give to pets. I would just make sure to keep him hydrated for tonight and the vet will help you in the morning.

Good luck, I am sure he will be ok!

#13 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:44 AM

So, yes Buddy has diabetes. His glucose was 335, and he has high cholesterol. We have started him on a whole different diet and insulin 10 units in the morning and 10 at night. Poor thing, he is so mopey I just hope he starts feeling better soon!

#14 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:02 PM

aawww Shelley - sorry about Buddy
          my friends dog has diabetes and they control it with diet and a daily pill - she is 13 now and was diagnosed almost 5 years ago. hopefully buddy will react the same way!

#15 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
          • 5,681 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

Awww Shelley, Hope your pupper feels better soon!

#16 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,047 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
            • LocationToronto

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:12 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy I was hoping it was something much simpler to fix. I'm sure thought that just like some of the girls have said...he will adapt. And as soon as he starts feeling better he will be ok. It might take a few days to get used to this new thing

#17 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:32 PM

So, we have been giving Buddy insulin twice a day now since Thursday. He seems to be finally feeling better! He is almost his old self again.
              I though it would be so much worse than it is. The biggest thing is the schedule change that we have to make ourselves stick with. He has to eat and get his med the same time twice a day. He is being such a good boy when he gets his shots though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users