If you were planning my wedding..

I may be the only one of two St Thomas weddings but St Thomas has a EXCELLENT Elope package that comes with the cake and champagne. I have considered it since FH says it is your day just tell me where to be and the time. LOL Its his money he might not want to give me so many freedoms.

Sorry off track. Check it out www.stthomasweddingpackages.com. It is your day. MIL will love her son if the decision he makes makes him happy. You may take about 60 70 years when she will decide to forgive you for snatching her o nly baby away.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally understand about Cain's mom needing to be there...my boy is the only son too which is a big part of the reason we chose to get married at home. His mom is pretty delicate and can't travel - though she would never have asked us to stay for her. . .I love her...*sigh* :-)

Anyway, not the point.

The point is that if you think it's going to be better, easier etc. for you to have just his family there...then go for it! I agree w/ the rest of the girls...don't worry about tradition and all that...take advantage of the smaller group and all the fun stuff you can do with just a few people. Be creative and have fun w/ it. Maybe Marty and Aunt can fan you constantly and hold your champagne glasses while you say your vows. lol! ;-)

(I totally wouldn't worry about chairs for them, btw. Unless you've got some super long vows...I imagine they could stand with you guys. Just the few chairs facing you might feel funny!)

Also, I'm certain the hotel/Maye must have something they can do as far as the witness thing goes. How else to people elope? You know?

I can't wait to hear what you decide you want! :-)

Any particular reason you are thinking of un-inviting guests? How many were you planning on originally?

Part of me is really drawn to the idea of it just being my FI and I.... and making it a very intimate and personal event....but it just wouldn't fly with our family and friends :) Which is OK, because the other part of me can't imagine my wedding without them.

I think you have to do whatever feels best to the two of you. I like the dinner and walk on the beach idea that others have mentioned. Maybe you could stay at a small, luxurious "boutique" hotel, or a bed and breakfast.

I have a co-worker getting married in Jamaica, it will just be the two of them and her father. I'll see what she has planned and let you know.

Well, the friends we invited are acting like this is going to be a complete party for a week (they would stay the whole time were there) and they don't get the fact that after the wedding that we will want to be left alone to do our own thing. Plus one of the guys is going by himself and since he's Cain's good friend he'll want to always hang out with us. it's just getting to be too much of a hassle. With Marty and Missy, they are leaving after the wedding, and I understand the importance of them being there since it would mean alot to Cain. (more so his Ma being there) So we would never tell her she can't come. My family isn't coming as it stands, so that isn't an issues. And right now it would be easy for us to tell everyone else they can't come because no one else has booked their vacations, well one guy put a deposit on a room, but he can still get his deposit back. So we need to act quick in our decision.

Hmmm I see what you mean Tammy, you do have to act quick. Can that guy get back his deposit for sure? how would you go about un-inviting guests? I'd have such a hard time with that. How do you tell someone that anyways? Just curious....

I think it's going to be special either way if it's small and intimate or a a group. What do you really want Tammy? I think that walk along the beach after is so romantic!!!

I picture the wedding completely different. Instead of the usual daytime vows I picture something at nightime. A huppah looking thing on the beach with olive and ivory silk cloth draping all over it. Then I picture tons and tons of candles. In different shades of olive and ivory. This way it is a beautiful candlelit ceremony. I envision personal made vows that are extremely romantic. I picture Marty hysterical crying and Missy being there to help you get ready. And then I would either do one table on the actual sand for a candlelit dinner, or I would take a fancy yacht ride so that the four of you are toasting with expensive champagne while you ride through El Arco in cabo. Or you could have a very expensive dinner at the One & Only. Alternately I see you having that white lounge furniture underneath a larger huppah (also draped with olive and ivory material) in which you and Cain sip champange and hold hands (since you love holding hands) and kiss underneath the stars. And then I see a beautiful small cake. I see you extremely relaxed and not stressed and smiling happily as you stand in the sand with no shoes, marrying the love of your life. smile72.gif

~Btw why would you need more witnesses when duh James and I will be there? LOL.

-Glenda

Glenda that sounds PERFECT.. Hmm where were you when I was looking for a WC.. I think I may change it up a little if that's what we decide to do. But I'll have to ask Juan first, I want to make sure our photos are perfect. Cain and I really need to sit down and talk about this more. But it really does sound amazing Glenda.

Ooooh! I LOVE Glenda's idea! I bet you guys could always take pictures earlier in the day as well to get all the normal beach shots!

Tammy, it is going to be amazing - no matter what you decide. If you can't uninvite the other guests just amke it VERY clear that once the wedding is over you gusy are on your HONEYMOON - which means no guy friends tagging along!