Photo

If you were planning my wedding..

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:26 AM

What would you do? So Cain and I are leaning towards Un-inviting our guests, with only his Mom and Aunt (who is Cain's age) attend. So I'm looking for advise on how you would plan my wedding with only two guests attending, keep in mind that Cain does want a stupid cake regardless, and I still want a bouquet. But I thought it would be fun to throw this out to you guys to see how you would plan a "very small" simple wedding. Our colors are green and ivory.

#2 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
    • VIP Member
    • 2,347 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:59 AM

I think if we were only going to have 2 people with us, I would throw most of the traditions to the wind---- get rid of everything except the cake and bouquet. I'd want to stand right by the water for the ceremony/vows and I'd probably want to custom write the ceremony and vows. I'd do some photos after the ceremony and then take everyone out for a really extravagant dinner (no custom centerpieces, placecards, table numbers, etc...) at a local restaurant and do a small cake there. After dinner, I'd probably just want to spend time alone with hubby for awhile---- sitting on the beach and just talking for forever....

When we talked about going to St. Thomas by ourselves, that's kind of what we had planned---- we wanted a simple ceremony without any decorations/chairs and afterward, planned on chartering a yacht from New Horizons for a cocktail sunset cruise, and then having a really nice dinner at Havana Blue. After dinner, we were going to head to Iggie's bar for drinks/dancing and then end the day sitting on the beach talking until the sun came up...

#3 -Kate-

-Kate-
      • VIP Member
      • 7,676 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:17 AM

I agree with that dinner idea. Don't worry about music or centerpieces or table linens. Just go out and have an amazing dinner - then walk the beach at night with your new husband.

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:28 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by LALA
          I agree with that dinner idea. Don't worry about music or centerpieces or table linens. Just go out and have an amazing dinner - then walk the beach at night with your new husband.
          (...WITHOUT Marty)

#5 MERRYME

MERRYME
          • 324 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:30 AM

I would probably have the weding at the beach, have the VERY fancy dinner, with some special touches (cake , exchange a memento with your MIL and aunt- maybe a framed picture). Then arrange for a private picnic on the beach with new hubby, blanket, canddles, champagne, strawberrys, extra special chocolate, your favorites.

Enjoy!!!
            Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
            22nd of December 2006

#6 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:33 AM

Do you guys think I should have chairs for Marty and Missy for the ceremony? Would it look weird? I can do one small cake for the four of us, but what about witnesses? I need 4.

#7 Fotini

Fotini
              • 131 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:34 AM

I say.. forget them. And just the 2 of you go away. Un-invite them all. And dont even worry about anyone else!

but thats just what i would do!

#8 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:36 AM

I couldn't do that, Cain and Marty are really close as it's her only son and he doesn't have a father so they have a very strong bond. I like the idea though of after dinner Cain and I go for a walk on the beach alone..

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:37 AM

me too probably - but I know you can't get out of having Marty there.

i think you can "hire" witnesses - just have randsom hotel people, or the WC can arrange some people.

#10 TammyB

TammyB
                    • 10,630 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:39 AM

Yeah I can find out if Maye & maybe Juan would be our extra witness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users