JennyK

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
I am sure there are a ton of resorts you could get a job at. I know what you mean about slowing down. We got engaged,got boobs,bought a house, got married and became full time parents all in six months!! But just remember you only live once and better to try something out and not like it then to never try it and never know. If you are TOTALLY against it though just tell him it's not for you and he will have to deal.
lmfao your too much. got boobs.

I think at this point, I'm 50/50. I think it my family said go for it, i'd do it.. I need to know they're totally behind me. Greg wants to go down there around March for a long weekend and meet with realtors. I want a house, he wants an apt lol

I would go for it! Actually I am going for it too! I was reading Eat Pray Love and telling FI about how it's about a woman who goes to 3 different countries and lives 4 months in each of them. I was blown away when he said, "We should totally do that"! So now it looks like we'll be moving to Italy after the wedding for 5 or 6 months. I'm so excited!

As far as your friends and family go... I'm sure you won't have to twist their arms too hard for them to come and visit you. I have a huge family and a great group of friends back home in Texas, and I was torn like you when I moved up to NYC. I promise you, it's not going to be as bad as you think. You'll still talk to them all the time. I have to admit, it was hard the first couple of months, but now it's like I don't even think about it. Maybe it's because we're planning on moving back down there in a few years, but still.

YOU SHOULD TOTALLY GO!!!!!

Brian and I thought about moving to St. Thomas after we were there 10 days for our wedding. It's amazing! Love it. We still think about buying a house there, but honestly I don't think I could live there FOREVER. The island practically shuts down unless tourists are there and honestly, I like to go out a lot. There are hole in the wall joints that are still open though so I guess that's an alternative. The scenery is fantastic. But I think if we do end up buying property there it will strictly be a vacation home.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I would go for it. I LOVE traveling and moving around. It's always nice to put yourself int different environments and get out of Jersey!

Oh wow I would totally do it so long as job security isn't an issue once you get back to NJ. That would be my only concern.

Tom and I have talked about movin to Costa Rica for good once we can afford to not work.

It's only for a year and I think you would soon agree that it IS the opportunity of a lifetime.

Plus, if flights are affordable - I guarantee you'll have visitors!

Jenny I would go in a heartbeat! The only place my DH will even discuss moving is back to Kansas!

I think it is a fantastic opportunity and it will force you to slow down.

A year isn't very long in the grand scheme of things. By having the internet, phone, etc. you can stay connected with your family pretty easily.

You could find a job at a resort spa, I'm sure.

If you do some research before hand, look into jobs, housing, flight schedules, etc. you will prolly (thanks Abbie!) feel much more comfortable.

Have you talked to you family about this yet?

Jenny, you should absolutely do it! I totally would. FI and I talk about moving all the time but unfortunately it wouldn't be a good idea for him to leave his job now. If he could, we would be outta here for a few years.

One year is really not that long at all. Think about what you were doing one year ago, I bet it feels like yesterday! And like somebody else said, if you hate it, you can just come back.

I'm so excited for you! Definitely talk to your family about it - this is the chance of a lifetime!

You should totally DO IT!!! It's an amazing oppurtunity and then you can say you did it. My FI and I are moving to Australia a few months after we get married we are selling everything we own and just going no real plan. I am a big planner and scared of doing this but if we don't I know we will regret it.

GO!GO!GO!GO!GO!GO!GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscilley View Post
You should totally DO IT!!! It's an amazing oppurtunity and then you can say you did it. My FI and I are moving to Australia a few months after we get married we are selling everything we own and just going no real plan. I am a big planner and scared of doing this but if we don't I know we will regret it.
GO!GO!GO!GO!GO!GO!GO!
HOLY COW! I did that when I moved to Texas. But that wasn't another country! WOOHOO for you!