palm leaf/Raffia fans??

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 vluv61109

vluv61109
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:46 PM

hey ladies,

I know a few of you bought your fans already, but I am having a hard time finding a post on where to buy the fans.

Which place is better to buy the fans? Where are most of you buying them from? I know the size varies, so I am worried about that.

Ortiental trading or blissweddingsmarket or Favors and flowers. Which is best for the palm leaf fans?

thanks

#2 Blkatz

Blkatz
    • 1,025 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:14 PM

I got mine from Oriental trading-I know a lot of other brides got them from there. I think they are all pretty much the same

#3 thomalm

thomalm
      • 53 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:37 PM

This is the best price on sandalwood fans if you are interested in those. I know you asked about palm leaf or raffia but I am using sandalwood and attaching the program as a tag. I thougth that was a good idea so I am sharing.

Click the image to open in full size.

#4 vluv61109

vluv61109
        • 73 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:05 PM

Thanks for your reply. I will check them out.

#5 vluv61109

vluv61109
          • 73 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:05 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by thomalm
            This is the best price on sandalwood fans if you are interested in those. I know you asked about palm leaf or raffia but I am using sandalwood and attaching the program as a tag. I thougth that was a good idea so I am sharing.

Click the image to open in full size.
            Thanks for sharing.. Nice jobs on your program. Looks good with the fan.

#6 FLgator

FLgator
            • 253 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:09 PM

I used OTC...they come in a pack of one dozen. One pack I received was great, and they were all around the same size, another pack I received contained a lot of tiny ones and a couple way too big ones. SO you never know what you will get, but I called OTC and they sent out a new pack to replace mine at no cost and I didn't have to mail the other back. Excellent customer service!

#7 da.shmoopies

da.shmoopies
              • 223 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:48 PM

I've found a few other places, other than OTC and Blis Wedding, that sells them during my reasearch.

Koyal Wholesale: Search Results : Wholesale Wedding Supplies, Discount Wedding Favors, Party Favors, and Bulk Event Supplies

Asian Ideas: Natural Straw Fans (Set of 12)

Good luck!

#8 vluv61109

vluv61109
                • 73 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:14 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by FLgator
                  I used OTC...they come in a pack of one dozen. One pack I received was great, and they were all around the same size, another pack I received contained a lot of tiny ones and a couple way too big ones. SO you never know what you will get, but I called OTC and they sent out a new pack to replace mine at no cost and I didn't have to mail the other back. Excellent customer service!

ok, just my luck... I went ahead and ordered by fans from OTC and I received them today. I was very disappointment with the quality. The quality was horrible. The straw looked very hold and dried out. Like the fans have been sitting there for years, but the sizes did vary in size. I could not found one that looked usable.. I went ahead an called custerm service right away, they said they are sending a replace at no cost and I can discard the ones I had.. I am hoping the next batch is better than the first, because I will be very disapointment again.

Wish me luck ladies..... If the next batch is no good. I am thinking of just going a silk or sandalwood fan instead...

#9 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
                  • 813 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:27 PM

Thanks for the info! I just called OTC and they are sending me another dozen. Luckily most of mine were fine, but there were about 10 out of 24 that were questionable. Can't beat their customer service though!

#10 queeny1133

queeny1133
                    • 13 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:58 PM

I bought the assorted sizes from Oriental Trading (aka Asian Trading) and I absolutely LOVE them. I added ribbon on the handle and 3 tropical flowers at the base. I'll try and post a picture soon. Hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users