anyone have childhood stuffed animals or blankies still???

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Michelle

• Banned
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:31 PM

i was just sitting here and was thinking how its kinda cute that i still never go a night without the teddy bear i got the day i was born...i was kind of curious if any one else on here has a stuffed animal or blankie that they grew up with and are still attached to

my teddy bears name is Teddy :) original i know!! lol
    OHH and if you have pictures of course you should post them :) let me see if i have one...

#2 Michelle

• Banned
    • 302 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:35 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

thats me with Teddy when i was about 3 years old :) and no my hair is not that colour from a bad dye job lol...i think the black on the top is just the lighting when it was taken lol

#3 1elephant

• VIP Member
      • 15,998 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:42 PM

look how cute you were! was your hair crimped?

i have a teddy bear named hug me. he wears a blue hoodie that says hug me on it. i stopped sleeping w/ him when i moved in w/ dh, but he's still in my closet. he has a smushed nose. i bring him to school every once in awhile as a prop for writing.

#4 Michelle

• Banned
        • 302 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:43 PM

yaa my mom crimped it sometimes i guess...its so wierd i had blonde pin-straight hair when i was little and now i have dark brown really curly hair...oh well lol :)

#5 KatyKo

• 851 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:56 PM

I still have a puppy stuffed animal that I got when I was little. I got it because all I ever wanted (since I was born) was a dog and I couldn't have one growing up. When I graduated college, FI bought me a dog, so I don't really need the stuffed one anymore...but it is still in my closet

#6 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,504 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:06 PM

I still have a bunch of my stuff, but it is packed up. I was never slept with any animals but I did have a blankie that my Nana made me. I also still have my original Care Bear sheets from my first big-girl bed, circa 1983-ish.

My big thing was this pink teddy bear planter that a friend brought me in the hospital when I was born. It was from my mom's BFF's brother. I was born on his birthday and it was also his 1 year sober date. Sept. 15 was a big day for all of us!

The plant is still alive! I've always called it my "grandfather plant". You hear stories about how a clock stops and someone dies, well I feel that way about this plant.

At our engagement party, I was telling this story, showing off my ceramic teddy bear. Well, the next morning, it just fell off the shelf. I have NO CLUE how it happened. I cried for like an hour! I immediately re-planted the plant in a different pot and tried to glue the other one back together,but it's kinda lopsided now.

#7 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:09 PM

I thought I was the only one!!! I sleep with my "blankie" everynight. My granny crocheted it and I was brought home from the hospital in it. Even though it is full of holes, I can't part from it. My FI asks me every night if I want to set it aside for our future children, but I say I will buy them a new one. I am being selfish, haha....I like that pic of your crimped hair...so cute

#8 Maybride2009

• 408 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:15 PM

I don't sleep with binky, but he was given to me by my fiancee when I moved away to university. It was his tiger from childhood and I cherish him

#9 JBinjour

• 107 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:20 PM

I don't sleep with stuff animals anymore, but I do collect them (still). LOL, I used to walk around with a doll's head as a child. LOL, the doll's head was missing an eye and some hair. I would bring it everywhere with me. While, I was sleeping, my sisters would take it from me, wash it in the washing machine, and put it back before I woke up. LOL, I know I sound like Wednesday from the Adams Family.
                    "Love is like swallowing hot chocolate before it has cooled off. It takes you by surprise at first, but keeps you warm for a long time.'' ~Unknown

#10 Inked1

• 161 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:27 PM

I still have and occasionally cuddle with "freddy bear", he will be 22 this winter. My grandmother gave my dad (also named fred) a teddy bear as a joke for his birthday when I was 6 because she had thrown away his teddy when he left it in the rain as a kid.

I took it to bed with me that night, and haven't given him up since. He is missing both legs, one ear and has no mouth anymore, but I love him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users