Small guest list, should we do it?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by cheese_diva
    Some people choose to give their bouquet to a mom or grandma as an honor to them.
    Awe, I like that idea! How sweet.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#12 -Kate-

• VIP Member
    • 7,676 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 12:27 AM

I was at a wedding (with those headstrong no need a man types - including me) and I actually slapped the bouquet away from me and to the ground.

#13 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,754 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 12:37 AM

Okay call me traditional and corney, but I'm planning on tossing my bouquet and garder. Acutally my SIL just suprised me an bought me my garter! I love it!

#14 anaderoux

• 3,220 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 12:47 AM

LOL that was funny Tammy... I'm doing it too.. but I'm not tossing my bouquet, my WC/Florist is going to make a smaller version of my bouquet to toss it.. and for free!! woohoo

#15 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:07 AM

I'm going to wear a garter, but I'm not tossing it. Neither will I toss a bouquet. I'm like you , Mishi, and I only have 15 guests. I never have liked the tradition anyway...

#16 starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:18 AM

It had not even occured to me to get a garter! If I do I'm not tossing it until I get to the honeymoon suite. I'm also giving my bouquet to my mom.

#17 lulubelle

• 148 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:29 AM

Oh, I love traditions. I have been to smaller weddings where we did it anyway and it was too funny. I guess the question is do you like the tradition? If so, do it! If it is not important, don't bother. :) Just pick and choose what is important to you and build your event that way.

#18 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:34 AM

Well the way it's looking, we may just end up with Marty and Missy at our wedding (don't ask) well Marty is single but still in love with her cheating, drunk, ex-FI and Missy will have just gotten married. So needless to say we are not doing a garter or bouquet toss, I wouldn't even want to do it if we had a large group.

#19 destinationbride07

• 631 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:34 AM

I think it is up to you but personally I would not. If it was more a traditional wedding yes.

#20 Chicago80

• 80 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:49 AM

Im not tossing the bouquet (only 5 single women) or wearing a garter (no single men).

I planning on asking the florist to design two detachable floral sprays into my bouquet and giving these to my FMIL and my mom as a walk down the isle. As for the rest of the bouquet im trying to have it freeze dried and put in a shadow box (if it fits in my budget).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users