RMB: More Info

Indigo

That's awesome to know Indigo! Thanks!!

I thought I'd update my progress with the florist. I was sent the brochure for the florist by a fellow BDW bride which made the item# thing make more sense...but before I had time to send another email to them I received a reply to my original inquiry telling me the prices of the bouquets I inquired about! So I guess they do eventually reply and it seems like right now they're on the ball so if you need to get in touch with them, now may be a good time to do it!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by montegobay09 View Post
That's awesome to know Indigo! Thanks!!

I thought I'd update my progress with the florist. I was sent the brochure for the florist by a fellow BDW bride which made the item# thing make more sense...but before I had time to send another email to them I received a reply to my original inquiry telling me the prices of the bouquets I inquired about! So I guess they do eventually reply and it seems like right now they're on the ball so if you need to get in touch with them, now may be a good time to do it!
Will do. I will send another email and call. Hopefully, I will receive a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBride84 View Post
I emailed RMB at weddings05@riu.com the other day asking for Michaels info, and they told me I could hire an outside photographer, as long as I purchased a day pass which I found weird, because I thought we couldn't. I do like the looks of Michaels work, so we will likely just use him.
Hi CanadianBride84. Was the email from Chantelle? After reading ROR threads regarding photography, I was concerned about the consistency of that policy. We decided to not worry about it and just use Michael. We want our time in Jamaica to be stress free. Thank you for the update.

hey there Indigo! Congratulations on your big day and i wish you the best :)...I'm also sorry for your loss, I'm sure your sister will be there with you all in spirit.

I wanted to let you know that I contacted the resort back in July through my TA and I received an email stating that it was ok for me to use an outside photographer, I would just have to purchase a day pass if they are not staying at the resort. I know this probably a little late for you, but i wanted to pass that info along for other MoBay brides who were thinking about using an outside photographer at the Riu.

What is everyone going to do for the time between their ceremony and reception?

My ceremony is at 2 and I personally don't like the idea of having a cocktail hour. I assume that photos will be taken until 3:00, but then what do we do until 6:30? I contacted a excursion/tour company for some ideas, but not many make 3 hour trips.

Does anyone have any suggestions for things to do around MoBay for that inbetween time?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Indigo

I have tried reading all of your messages as you are very prepared. I want to know if you can answer a few questions. I have booked the Caprice Package but after reading everything I think I will go with the free with upgrades. We have booked the Mahoe Steak House for our reception. The wedding is at 4 p.m. and then I guess from what I am reading they tell us when the dinner is. Are we separate from the rest of the guests or do we have to book it. If we want to have the dances such as mother and son, daughter and father, etc. Where do we do that.? I won't overwhelm you with questions, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyG24 View Post
What is everyone going to do for the time between their ceremony and reception?

My ceremony is at 2 and I personally don't like the idea of having a cocktail hour. I assume that photos will be taken until 3:00, but then what do we do until 6:30? I contacted a excursion/tour company for some ideas, but not many make 3 hour trips.

Does anyone have any suggestions for things to do around MoBay for that inbetween time?

I too got married at 2pm and our reception was at 6:30, we didn't do anything. To tell you the truth, everyone liked the break in between, most of the guests went and played volleyball in the pool but some took a nap!!!! Don't feel you need to entertain the whole time, that is what the entainers are for... Enjoy your wedding, it was soooo much fun!!!!