Renting a villa for wedding

elizamaria

Hello Jenk,

For Central Pacific area (Jaco) I would suggest Los Suenos Luxury rentals for a group that big.

Guanacaste villas, Hmmmmm....

In Tamarindo it would have to be a couple of properties. We just had a wedding at Villa/Casa Fonda Vela (jodie & brent casa fonda del mar tamarindo, guanacaste 2010 ?), next door is Casa Cook and there a few other properties right around there. You could have your ceremony at Cala Luna Point. Let me think of some other ones and get back to you.

Thanks Ask Costa Rica!

You have been so helpful for me with my many questions :) We are still deciding AI vs villas. We have time though since it isn't until December 2011. If you think of any others please let me know! And I will look into the ones you have mentioned :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamaria View Post
Hey all,

I have booked my MA villa!!! I actually went with a different one than Casa Nova that is much larger, 11,000 square feet!!!
Also, it is closer to other hotels and town, as well as being brand new.

Here is the link...

Luxurious Tropical Vacation Home in Manuel Antonio Costa Rica - Elegant Home for Family Vacations in Central America, Costa Rica Ocean View Villa overlooking Manuel Antonio National Park and Playa Espadilla, Casa Fantastica Manuel Antonio
I can't wait!!!

E
That is a beautiful villa! How exciting!

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...

we too are going to celebrate our union in Costa Rica in the summer of 2013, and after reading much of you renting villas I know this is something that we would like to do. Our problem is a large party of about 30 and would like all to be together and have an all inclusive. Is there any place that would house that many or I noticed some rented two villsa near to each other. How did this work out? What kind of cost are we looking at and how do you split costs?  Thank you for your answers in advance!  laurbonj

• 1 year later...

I wanted to give you all some info about my upcoming wedding since I found it pretty difficult to find info on villas when I started planning. I will be getting married next week on Playa Langosta and having the reception at Villa Tranquila in Hacienda Pinilla. You can see the villa here...http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3002402

We didn't want to rent a villa in Manuel Antonio since our guests would have a major hike from any airport, so we decided to get married in the Tamarindo area since it's only an hour from Liberia airport. There's much fewer options for large villas in Guanacaste, and this seemed perfect since it is part of a larger resort where our guests have access to other ammenities and anyone who we didn't have room for in the villa is able to stay at one of the hotels on the resort property.

We haven't seen it in person yet, and the wedding hasn't happened, but I'll be sure to report back on how it worked out. Good luck to all the brides, and let me know if you have any other questions about planning a villa wedding!

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to provide an update to my previous post. We had our wedding reception at Villa Tranquila in Hacienda Pinilla a couple weeks ago. It was absolute perfection and I couldn't recommend it more strongly! The beauty of the villa far surpassed my expectations and the photos online don't do it justice in the least. I wanted to attach some photos of our reception set up for you to see, which I think shows its potential a bit better, but couldn't figure out how. You can see some on my profile gallery.

The villa is perfect in that it is an easy (approx an hour) drive from Liberia airport, is in Hacienda Pinilla which offers resort ammenities, and can house 8 couples easily. Every bedroom has its own private bathroom and there are two additional powder rooms which are easily accessible by guests during the reception. The rooms are enormous and up to date, with four rooms being King beds and four being 2 Queen beds. There are also two huge common areas- one upstairs with a large bar, and one downstairs near the kitchen. The grounds are immaculate and offer a gorgeous tropical backdrop for a reception. I cannot express how beautiful a setting it is. Eugene, the owner was also accessible if we needed him but not intrusive, and was a wonderful host.

Our guests also loved having easy access to the beaches and hotels on the property where they could make use of the restaurants, spa, beach club, etc. It's great to have some rental cars to get around the huge property, but there is also a shuttle you can call to take you anywhere within the resort if you don't have a car. We had our ceremony and cocktail hour on Playa Langosta which was roughly a 3 minute drive away, and then came back to the villa for dinner and dancing. It was simply perfect. Feel free to message me for more info. I think more people need to know about this place!

P.S. If you want a completely custom, intimate feeling wedding, a Villa wedding is totally the way to go. I loved that I was able to completely design everything about my wedding without limitations you'd have at a more traditional wedding venue. It was super special too that our guests were the only people with us, and we didn't have strangers roaming around on our special day.

Edited by deeolivia
  • Like 2