Photo

?? about postage for passport invites

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mylee84

Mylee84
  • 287 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:12 PM

Hey girls, I have a questions. I am FINALLY done with my passport invites. I had my mom take my invites to work to see how much postage I would need. (she has one of those weigher things). Anyways I wanted to double check so I went to the post office. They put the envelope through some cardboard hole to make sure it would fit through some machine? It did not fit that well and then they told me it would be 1.00 to 1.34 to send. But before I left she told me I would be fine with just the 1.00 stamps. This whole trip to the post office just confused me so I am going to go to another post office on Monday.

Now that your read this confusing story!! How much did you girls pay in postage for passport invites? My fear is I wont have enough on there and all our family and friends will have to pay extra to get the invite! Thanks for your help =)

#2 Marianna

Marianna
    • 111 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:57 PM

I just finished my passport invites as well. I still have to do labels on mine. My invites are 5.5" X 4.25" and have 3 pages inside with cardstock cover. When i took them to the office they told me it should only be 42 cents. Please let me know what you find out tomorrow.

#3 Mylee84

Mylee84
      • 287 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:45 PM

ohh you are lucky! Well i was not talented enough to do my pages back to back. I had to glue them together causing them to be double of what I wanted... ill let you know tomorrow!! =)

#4 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
        • 2,777 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:42 AM

I think 42 cents is about right. I did the passports w/ boarding passes for my invites. The passports were the actual invite w/ little info, and the boarding passes were all of the info. I paid $1 each for them. But they were in a larger envelope cause I put a ribbon with a shell around them. So, 42 cents sounds right for just passport.

#5 syl1115

syl1115
          • 789 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:33 AM

Mine were $1.68 each. I had to put mine in a box because they had a shell on them. I paid almost $50.00 to mail 30.
            Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#6 *Casey*

*Casey*
            • 5,209 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:27 PM

I would take one to the post office, a UPS or Fedex store and get one weighed. They can tell you exactly how much postage you will need. Hope this helps

#7 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
              • 1,097 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:46 PM

I htink it best to get everything together and have them weighed based on final product. mine cost 0.69 cents within the US and was a range of $1.69 to $2 for Canada and international invites. For those I could not put postage on the RSVPs however, since they could not calculate the postage for that here.

#8 Mylee84

Mylee84
                • 287 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:42 PM

hey thanks girls! I went to another post office which was much more helpful than the first post office! They told me it would be .79 cents to send which is wayyy better!! =) thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users