1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
    1 egg, beaten
    1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1/4 cup water
    2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
    Chopped fresh parsley for garnish

Directions:

In large bowl, thoroughly mix beef, onion, bread crumbs and egg. Shape into 1-inch meatballs; place on 15- by 10-inch baking pan.

Broil meatballs 4-inches from heat 5 minutes or until browned, turning halfway through cooking. Spoon off fat.

In 10-inch skillet, combine soup, sour cream, water and Worcestershire. Add meatballs. Over low heat, simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not boil. Garnish with parsley.

This sounds really good!

#12 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:25 PM

here's my favorite EASY appetizer recipe - and i don't cook:
      ARTICHOKE APPETIZER SQUARES

1 (8 oz.) can Pillsbury crescent dinner rolls
      2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
      2 (3 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
      1/2 c. dairy sour cream
      1/2 tsp. dried dill weed
      1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
      1 egg
      1/3 c. chopped green onions
      1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
      1 (2 oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll dough into long rectangle in ungreased 13 x 9 inch pan; seal perforations. Press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes. In small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream, dill weed, salt and egg; blend well. Spread over partially baked crust.
      Top with remaining ingredients. Return to oven and bake an additional 13 to 19 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown and center is set. To serve, cut into squares. Serve warm or cold. Store in refrigerator.

#13 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:31 PM

These always go over well with our Bunco group. Both are super easy and can be made with things you probably have in your pantry. They can also be easily modified and you can use lower fat ingredients without really effecting the taste.

Black Bean Pinwheels

1 lb Cream Cheese
        1 Can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
        2 Cups Shredded Cheese
        1/2 Cup Salsa
        1 Pack Taco Seasoning

Soften cream cheese. Mix in all other ingredients, except beans. Once the mixture is blended well, fold in beans.

Spread over tortillas and roll up. Let chill for 30+ minutes then slice into bite sized pieces. Serve with extra salsa and or guacamole.

The recipe is great because you can add all kinds of things - corn, peppers, fresh veggies, etc.

Buffalo Chicken Dip
        Like wings without the mess!

INGREDIENTS
        2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
        3/4 cup pepper sauce, such as Franks® Red Hot®
        1 cup Salad dressing - Ranch or Blue Cheese
        2 cups diced cooked chicken (can use 2, 10 oz cans)
        2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS
        Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
        In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese and hot pepper sauce until well blended. Mix in the Ranch dressing, chicken and 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
        Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Top with remaining cheese and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and browned. If oil collects on the top, dab it off using a paper towel.

Serve with tortilla chips, butter crackers, chicken crakers, celery & carrot sticks, etc

#14 1elephant

1elephant
        • VIP Member
        • 15,998 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:43 PM

any suggestions for an easy dairy-free appetizer that could go w/ kebabs? i have picky guests.......

#15 bumbles

bumbles
          • 574 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:45 PM

Melt chocolate and purchase a bunch of fruit :) Have fun!

#16 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,504 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:58 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by lauren
              any suggestions for an easy dairy-free appetizer that could go w/ kebabs? i have picky guests.......
              Who doesn't eat cheese? That is a culinary sin!

I'd do hummus and veggies & pita or salsa and guac and chips. Most it can be purchased pre-made or would be really simple to throw together.

You could do an Italian antipasti platter with marinated veggies - artichokes, mushrooms, olives, meats, etc and put the cheese on the side.

What kind of kebabs are you making?

#17 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
              • 514 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:18 PM

Geez, you ladies are good! Before I posted, all I was thinking of doing was melting some Velveta cheese and adding salsa to make dip! Ha ha, I'm glad I posted!

Thank you so much!!

#18 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
                • VIP Member
                • 3,405 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:28 PM

Dairy free:
                  Mixed bruscetta is always my go to appetizer:
                  Buy a long skinny baugette and top with a varitey of jarred goodies: I always have a jar of tomato bruscetta, mixed olive bruscetta & an artichoke one as well. Toast the bread with a bit of olive oil in the oven then top with the bruscetta and sprinkle with Italian seasoning or fresh basil. super easy/cheap/and colorful!

#19 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:44 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Amy&Andy
                  Dairy free:
                  Mixed bruscetta is always my go to appetizer:
                  Buy a long skinny baugette and top with a varitey of jarred goodies: I always have a jar of tomato bruscetta, mixed olive bruscetta & an artichoke one as well. Toast the bread with a bit of olive oil in the oven then top with the bruscetta and sprinkle with Italian seasoning or fresh basil. super easy/cheap/and colorful!
                  this is also a good idea. sometimes i will roast a tenderloin and slice it on the bruschetta with a mixture of loive tapenade and mayo and some arugala...yummy

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#20 1elephant

1elephant
                  • VIP Member
                  • 15,998 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:20 PM

dairy-free b/c someone is [supposedly] lactose intolerant.

bruscetta is a good idea....i know they'll only eat the tomato one, but dh and i will eat the others! thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users