In Need of Appetizers for tonight!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
  • 514 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 02:17 PM

Hi all!

I'm having my 3 best friends come over tonight for drinks and food as a thanks for all they did to help me on my wedding day. I don't want to make dinner because they are coming over late, so what I was thinking was just appetizers. However, I'm clueless on what I should make. We're all drinking different beverages tonight (one likes Vodka, the other likes wine, etc) so I can't exactly pair up the food with what we are having to drink.

I just need some simple recipes for appetizers that don't involve too much time (I have about 2 hours to make something and get myself ready) and have pretty basic ingredients.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Kathie

Kathie
    • 2,654 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 02:22 PM

I'll try to describe this as best I can.

On bottom of small casserole lay canned or jarred artichoke. In the cheese section of your supermarket they carry something (don't know what it's called) that has prosciutto and mozzarella rolled up in a pinwheel shape. Slice up and layer on top of artichoke, dab a little olive oil and finish with grated parmesan cheese. Bake in oven at 350 for about 20 minutes or until cheese melts. Easy and delish!

Almost forgot, spread a light layer of Italian style breadcrumbs before the olive oil!

#3 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
      • VIP Member
      • 3,160 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 02:30 PM

i always make crab dip! its easy and yummy! let me know if you dont have the receipe, pm me ;o) have fun tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 November 2008 - 02:41 PM

the artichoke dip i posted takes about 30 mins.

a good cheese platter with some salami, prosciutto is easy.

get some great olives from gourmet shop or something.

hummus and pita chips, veggies always a winner.

there is a sausage stuffed mushroom recipe on here that everyone raves about. we make it every thanksgiving now.

or if you have it, cheese fondue is VERY easy and yummy...add heartier dippers than just bread like pieces of sausage, blanched veggies.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 Kathie

Kathie
        • 2,654 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 02:49 PM

Another appetizer I do often and my guests love is asparagus/prosciutto. Simple. Blanch the asparagus for a couple minutes, wrap a thin slice of prosciutto around it, bake for a couple minutes VOILA! Can you tell I'm Italian? :)

#6 Kathie

Kathie
          • 2,654 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 02:50 PM

I want that mushroom sausage recipe. Yummy.

#7 Christi

Christi
            • 1,905 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:06 PM

Here's one of my favorites...

GOAT CHEESE TARTLETS

(makes 24)
              Blend:
              2 cups goat cheese
              1/2 t. salt
              1 T. half-and-half
              1 large egg
              Fold in:
              1T. chives, finely chopped
              ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
              Fill
              24 purchased mini-tart shells
              Garnish with:
              Olive fans, chive sprigs, prosciutto rolls, or diced peppers.

ONE Blend the goat cheese, beaten egg, half and half, and salt. But do it gently by hand so the cheese doesn't overmix and get too soft.

TWO Carefully fold the chives and sundried tomatoes into the goat cheese. Overmixing will make a pink filling.

THREE spoon the mixture into the shells. Fill them just over the top edge.

FOUR Bake the tartlets for 10-12 minutes in a 400-degree oven. Top with sprigs of chives, dices peppers, tiny rolls of prosciutto, or olive fans.

#8 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
              • 1,097 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:12 PM

Wings are always a hit:

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
                3/4 cup Pace® Thick & Chunky Salsa
                2 tbsp. lime juice
                Hot cooked chicken wings

Directions:

Mix the soup, salsa and lime juice in a 1 1/2-quart microwavable casserole. Microwave on HIGH for 2 1/2 minutes or until hot, stirring once.

Serve warm with the wings for dipping. Or use a BBQ sauce dip

#9 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:14 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Kathie
                I want that mushroom sausage recipe. Yummy.
                http://bestdestinati....840#post595602

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#10 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
                • 1,097 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:14 PM

One More:

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lb. ground beef
                  1/3 cup finely chopped onion
                  1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
                  1 egg, beaten
                  1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
                  1/2 cup sour cream
                  1/4 cup water
                  2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
                  Chopped fresh parsley for garnish

Directions:

In large bowl, thoroughly mix beef, onion, bread crumbs and egg. Shape into 1-inch meatballs; place on 15- by 10-inch baking pan.

Broil meatballs 4-inches from heat 5 minutes or until browned, turning halfway through cooking. Spoon off fat.

In 10-inch skillet, combine soup, sour cream, water and Worcestershire. Add meatballs. Over low heat, simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not boil. Garnish with parsley.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users