I'm seeing Dollar Signs!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 k_8ie

k_8ie
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:03 PM

Hi All,
    My wedding is in two months, I am in heavy negotiations with my WC (thank G-d she answers my e-mails), one of my bridesmaids just quit on me (just got married and can't afford the trip), and I am getting a little overwhelmed with the $ situation myself.

We're getting married at the Grand Oasis Marien, Puerto Plata. The trip cost is great, only $1050 from Montreal!!!! However, the ceremony and the reception does not come cheap. The symbolic ceremony Package is $400, add to that extra hors d'oeuvres $120. The fact that I want the ceremony on the beach, and the chairs and arch are extra is $650 (was 880 orig., but I negotiated). Next, two more tiers on the cake $45. The free reception is at a restaurant and is not private, if you want a private reception, according to my quick calculation it's $2386.44. This does not include the entertainment.

I am not even adding all this up, ignorance is bliss, and I'm keeping it this way.

So my questions are:
    1. How much did it cost you?
    2. Did anyone have their reception at the resort restaurant (not private)? How was it?

I need a paper bag!

#2 trance_angelx0x

trance_angelx0x
    • 198 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:03 PM

That does seem a bit expensive for a Symbolic Ceremony but you must take into consideration of the customization you made to the ceremony. For a legal wedding it's costing us $1,750 USD, not including pictures or flowers but we aren't planning on having any anyway.

#3 k_8ie

k_8ie
      • 41 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:52 PM

OH it was 1400$ for a legal ceremony! But tell me, what kind of a ceremony doesn't come with chairs?!

#4 trance_angelx0x

trance_angelx0x
        • 198 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:10 PM

A very cheap hotel :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users