Makeup/ Hair AND Videographer

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 Janet

Janet
  • VIP Member
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 03:58 PM

Definitely talk to Marci, who is "BVP" on this board. She and her husband Enrique do video for a great price and they were fabulous to work with!

#12 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:08 PM

You know, I never asked Cain about a Video. I guess I just remember when I was married before that I never looked at it, but this wedding is different because hardly anyone is going. Janet do you have pricing info on BVP?

#13 Janet

Janet
      • VIP Member
      • 7,459 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:18 PM

I don't know 2007 prices but I think I paid $50/hr for raw footage but sometimes I kick myself for not paying a few hundred more for edited video. But I was on a budget. If you can spare a few hundred dollars, I'd do it for sure! Even if we don't watch it a ton, I like the idea of having it, and we loved watching it right after the wedding to fill in some of the holes. Plus, Tammy, working with Marci will not add to your stress, I promise. She is super on top of things!

#14 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:19 PM

Janet, since we may end up with only a hand full of guests do you still see added value to doing a video?

#15 Janet

Janet
          • VIP Member
          • 7,459 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:26 PM

I know you will have really amazing pictures from Juan, but there is something about the video that is cool too. Actually, the fact that the wedding is so small may provide MORE reason to get it: to show all the people who couldn't attend. (Unless they consider that some kind of punishment, lol)

If I was looking at my own wedding budget and deciding to spend $200 either on cake or on a video, there is no doubt in my mind I'd pick the video. But that's just me and my 2 cents :)

Reasons not to get a video that I can think of: There will be less that you miss, just because it's smaller. One of my fave parts of our video is when we were off taking photos and they filmed everyone at the cocktail hour giving us speeches and messages to the camera. Some of them were hilarious! Also, the other downside is that there is a big camera in your face at times. Now, I was so oblivious that I didn't notice or care, but with a smaller wedding you might?

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

#16 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:32 PM

Thanks Janet.. I'll send a PM to BVP and see what Marci quotes me and then I'll talk to Cain.

#17 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
              • VIP Member
              • 931 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 05:06 PM

I used HIVE spa. I had them come to me. Highly recommend. they are pricey but very worth the $. I posted a link to my photog's blog with some pics of me.

eta we also used BVP. Marci and Enrique were great. I can't wait to see our video

#18 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                • 1,876 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 05:45 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ilovetj
                  We are getting married at the chapel at El Encanto Inn adn the reception will be at Casa del Mar... I will be getting ready at Casa del Mar.

Can someone give me Suzanne's info, and also Sam- the videographer's too... what do they charge?
                  I love the El Encanto Inn. The grounds are so beautiful. Suzanne Morel's
                  website is
                  How do i get to Christi's pictures? i am so new at this...
                  thanks for your help!
                  Here is the link to Christa's pics that she's posted so far. I believe she's still waiting for her prof. pics. http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t3895
                  My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                  Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#19 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                  • 1,876 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 05:50 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ilovetj
                    How do i get to Christi's pictures? i am so new at this...
                    thanks for your help!
                    Here's another thread with more pics of Christa....She was beautiful!!
                    http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t4049
                    My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                    Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#20 TammyB

TammyB
                    • 10,630 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:07 PM

Tasha, welcome back..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users